Texas Hunting Forum

Youth Hunt Give Away

Posted By: Novemberyet

Youth Hunt Give Away - 10/27/15 10:26 PM

It's that time of year again.....Youth weekend!!! Post up your youth hunter with their trophy with a small narrative and my wife and I will judge them and send the little hunter (with your permission) some plinking ammo. All "Trophies" will be considered.....this is not the "Biggest buck" or "First deer" contest but instead a chance to let your little one shine this weekend with a special hunt.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5378486/Youth_Hunt_Challenge#Post5378486
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Youth Hunt Give Away - 10/28/15 03:38 PM

I can't believe there wasnt more entries last year. I can't wait to get some land to take my son on his first hunt, hopefully next year i will posting a story for you.
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: Youth Hunt Give Away - 10/30/15 01:59 PM

Well, my little one isn't so little any more, but last year was his first year hunting. He had sat in the stand with me when he was 5 or 6, but soon after that we moved to the Florida Keys. Not a lot of deer stands there, just a lot of Blue water hunting. When we moved to Texas last year, I signed Alexander up for some of the TYHP hunts, and we were lucky enough to get drawn! He got to hunt a great ranch in the hill country, and he harvested his first two does!! The first one had to be tracked and then a finishing shot, and he handled it very well. I am proud of the young man he has turned into, and we are hoping to get drawn again this year. Thank you for the opportunity to enter this contest. Allen

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum