Forums46
Topics544,053
Posts9,806,045
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873437 06/25/23 10:11 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have never had a bad experience with a GW but you only need to watch that one old loudmouth dude on their TV show to see that many people should never wear a badge of any kind.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873447 06/25/23 10:28 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
These posts are always the same. The folks who are squared away have never had an issue and the folks who got caught crying foul.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873454 06/25/23 10:40 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
And to add ... of course there are some GW's who may could do better just as there are doctors, businesses, etc. who could do better. But overall I believe the vast majority of GW's are honest, hard working people who try to do the right thing -

Absolutely, just like with cops. Then, some are jerks and/or some that engage in illegal activity themselves, like Chris Fried who was hunting after hours a Cooper Res. without a valid license when he heard gunshots and ended up getting shot by people target practicing. Just an honest, hard working GW trying to do the right thing will illegally hunting. https://www.statesman.com/story/new...king-law-but-holds-onto-job/10037167007/ https://www.gohunt.com/content/news/game-warden-poaches-deer-yet-keeps-his-job

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8873469 06/25/23 10:58 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
And to add ... of course there are some GW's who may could do better just as there are doctors, businesses, etc. who could do better. But overall I believe the vast majority of GW's are honest, hard working people who try to do the right thing -

Absolutely, just like with cops. Then, some are jerks and/or some that engage in illegal activity themselves, like Chris Fried who was hunting after hours a Cooper Res. without a valid license when he heard gunshots and ended up getting shot by people target practicing. Just an honest, hard working GW trying to do the right thing will illegally hunting. https://www.statesman.com/story/new...king-law-but-holds-onto-job/10037167007/ https://www.gohunt.com/content/news/game-warden-poaches-deer-yet-keeps-his-job

yeah you can go find the bad ones online any day - but you can also find the bad ones online in ANY profession - still does not give hunters the right to ignore the law period.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8873473 06/25/23 11:03 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
These posts are always the same. The folks who are squared away have never had an issue and the folks who got caught crying foul.

I have been 100%squared away several times and had very bad interactions with Wardens. I mean multiple convinced I had broken some game law!!!

I have also received citations from Wardens who were polite, professional, respected my rights.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8873488 06/25/23 11:20 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

You're overlooking those who never broke any laws but were treated as if they had done so. I once had a game warden in another state encourage me to shoot from a public road. Needless to say, I didn't take the bait. People tend to never forget being treated as if they had broken the law despite having done nothing wrong.

Thankfully, the closest I've ever had that happen in Texas is when an officer accused me of incorrectly marking the back of my license. He felt very strongly that I had made a mistake until he realized the store where I had purchased my license had printed it on last year's license sheets. During the previous year, a box was checked if the buck had a spread of 13-inches or more. In the current license year, the same box was to be marked if the buck was a spike.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 06/25/23 11:33 PM.

"When the debate is lost, insults become the tool of the loser."
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8873492 06/25/23 11:22 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G

Trapper, I am an open book sir

I told my bad encounters of being hassled twice

I was cited once and it was dismissed

The other time, I was flat out hassled for no reason

Now, I must mention for those on here who have a hard time with this

I competitively fished for more than a decade plus hunted 60 plus days a year

So my possible encounters were probably more than most.

I never had an encounter in the woods, all mine were either on the water or water related

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873500 06/25/23 11:37 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I didn’t want to type this but I will, y’all can choose your own idea but I swear this is all true and this is my complaints..

1. In 2001, I bought a brand new, never owned Skeeter bass boat. At the time of purchase, the dealership tells me that TPW is behind on boat registration stickers so they cannot give me one at the time of purchase. But they provide me w a proof of payment receipt.

So I go and fish, several times…4,5,6 idk and get stopped by the GW on the way home one day on a Farm To Market Road. So I pull over obviously and sure enough we do a boat inspection on the side of the road. I have life jackets, whistle, throw float, and fishing license….even though I am not required…it’s because i wasn’t fishing!…I am stopped 30 minutes from the nearest lake. Hell, he inspected my livewell, which was empty

There are 0 violations here. Then he asked where my TPW sticker is and I tell him how they are backed on issuing stickers but I have my payment receipt right here. He looks at it and sure enough, issues me a ticket for no sticker.

Number 1, I paid in full for a sticker and provided proof of payment, number 2 I wasn’t fishing when he stopped me, the man just wanted to cite someone. It was dismissed in court.

There is another example but dam that was a long type….

So how should I feel?

Should I pretend that he was right and I was wrong?

I was polite the whole time

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873504 06/25/23 11:57 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
WTH, here is the other…

I said I was wrongfully cited once and hassled the 2nd time

Here is the 2nd time

Like mentioned, I tournament fished for a long time…

There is a local jackpot tourney near me weekly which last about 4 hours on a week day evening

So my partner are fishing and we are hammering them on this particular point and sure enough the GW shows up to check us, which is fine. Even though this counts against our time. So we pass, no violations…15 minutes of our time gone. And we win the tourney that night.

We fish the next week, on the same point, in the same boat and we get checked again by the same Gw And I tell her, ma’am you just checked us in this same spot 7 days ago. Without regard, she informed me she was checking us again. Again, 15 minutes of our time is gone and we passed. AGAIN

So I originally said, I have been wrongfully cited once and hassled once

Some guys are boot lickers and you can’t help them is all I can say

But I will always call them like I see them

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8873505 06/26/23 12:06 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

My God man!

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Simple Searcher] #8873510 06/26/23 12:12 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher

My God man!

Ima double quote him

I really don’t know what else I could have done in my circumstances

The GW’s are the only LE with a very limited amount of time to justify their positions.

I said it, I lived it

Seems like others have too

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873511 06/26/23 12:18 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Trapper, I didn’t get caught w squat

I did nothing wrong but I still feel this way

I haven’t fished in 10 years and I hunt out of state now

Tx GW’s are a joke for the most part

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873512 06/26/23 12:23 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I am thinking some of you need to quit hunting - clearly it takes a lot of effort for you to follow the law and rules - if it is always such a struggle then go fishing instead (oh yeah there are rules and laws with that too and GW's ) .. so maybe just go find a new hobby where you do not have to encounter anyone in law enforcement - night and out

Last edited by tlk; 06/26/23 12:38 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: tlk] #8873528 06/26/23 01:06 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by tlk
I am thinking some of you need to quit hunting - clearly it takes a lot of effort for you to follow the law and rules - if it is always such a struggle then go fishing instead (oh yeah there are rules and laws with that too and GW's ) .. so maybe just go find a new hobby where you do not have to encounter anyone in law enforcement - night and out

I am not the only one w a complaint here

You are still licking boots..

You don't have to believe my posts, I doubt you will

Would you care getting cited for a violation you didn't commit?

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: GusWayne] #8873537 06/26/23 01:32 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by GusWayne
Originally Posted by tlk

I am not the only one w a complaint here

You are still licking boots..

You don't have to believe my posts, I doubt you will

Would you care getting cited for a violation you didn't commit?

Gus, you arent the only one. There is at least an entire HANDFUL out of MILLIONS of people. You drew a bad card. I would suggest you get over it before you have a heart attack. Also, adjust your expectations. If you fish and hunt as much as you said then the odds of something happening are much greater. Just realize that and move on. Dwelling on the past is not gonna help.
Thus ends my sermon for the day.....

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873546 06/26/23 01:47 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
I had the same constant battle with my wife.....again, just because you paid for and received your vehicle registration and have it prominently displayed in the envelope on the kitchen island doesn’t mean you can’t get a citation. She has been lucky... so far.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: tlk] #8873548 06/26/23 01:50 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by tlk

^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873573 06/26/23 03:12 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
just don't break the game laws confused2

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873611 06/26/23 11:01 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Rage Against the Machine - comical.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873612 06/26/23 11:07 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
The world isn’t perfect and I got checked twice - whaaa, whaaa!

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873618 06/26/23 11:39 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Some of you sound like you'd like a Warden season opened up, "no AR" restrictions. Hilarious and comical.....

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: GusWayne] #8873622 06/26/23 11:49 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by GusWayne
I didn’t want to type this but I will, y’all can choose your own idea but I swear this is all true and this is my complaints..

1. In 2001, I bought a brand new, never owned Skeeter bass boat. At the time of purchase, the dealership tells me that TPW is behind on boat registration stickers so they cannot give me one at the time of purchase. But they provide me w a proof of payment receipt.

So I go and fish, several times…4,5,6 idk and get stopped by the GW on the way home one day on a Farm To Market Road. So I pull over obviously and sure enough we do a boat inspection on the side of the road. I have life jackets, whistle, throw float, and fishing license….even though I am not required…it’s because i wasn’t fishing!…I am stopped 30 minutes from the nearest lake. Hell, he inspected my livewell, which was empty

There are 0 violations here. Then he asked where my TPW sticker is and I tell him how they are backed on issuing stickers but I have my payment receipt right here. He looks at it and sure enough, issues me a ticket for no sticker.

Number 1, I paid in full for a sticker and provided proof of payment, number 2 I wasn’t fishing when he stopped me, the man just wanted to cite someone. It was dismissed in court.

There is another example but dam that was a long type….

So how should I feel?

Should I pretend that he was right and I was wrong?

I was polite the whole time

That's your definition of being hassled? Being checked on back to back weekends? Oh, the horror.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873667 06/26/23 01:24 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
S
the institute for justice is on it now

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873814 06/26/23 05:24 PM
#
#Hayraker Online Happy
Chihuahua
Online Happy
Chihuahua
#
these bootlickers in this thread will be the first to turn over their guns, all the man has to do is send their buddy the game warden to do the confiscating.

yessa, right away sir

#sigline
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8873825 06/26/23 05:40 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
The issue I have is being stopped or having your property searched without a warrant or probable cause, which happens often. I know the former LEO's and boot-lickers think that's fine, but every citizen who believes in the Constitution should have a problem with it. You can't legally do it to folks driving, and you shouldn't be able to do it to hunters on their land or a guy pulling a boat down the road.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide