Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857767 05/25/23 06:01 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Owned a 1975 ford from 77-78 and never again.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857774 05/25/23 06:18 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
If the purchase process is streamlined and pricing is transparent I am in.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857790 05/25/23 06:25 PM
Gumbeaux Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Fixed pricing or no, they'll still have to be competitive with GM, Ram, Toyota, etc.... If a customer can get a truck with no haggle for the same price as one they have to fight for, they're going to take the no haggle option every time. If Ford goes the other way and says our MSRP is the same as our competitors, but we're not going to move off of it, then they'll die a quick death if the others keep dealing.

I think we'll see that COVID killed dealerships as we know it. No more need to inventory a bunch of vehicles, or have a bunch of employees. It'll be like how Tesla does it. Very small store, a car or two inside, and then you order what you want and come back in 6 weeks or whatever to pick it up. Much lower cost model.

If Ford can take the money the dealer gets out of the equation, they're already on par with the competitors and pocketing all of the money for themselves. They'll just have to figure out service.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857795 05/25/23 06:30 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Paluxy
We need a recession just to correct these greedy bastards.

I agreed with this until I remembered that cockroaches can even survive a nuclear blast.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Gumbeaux] #8857801 05/25/23 06:35 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Fixed pricing or no, they'll still have to be competitive with GM, Ram, Toyota, etc.... If a customer can get a truck with no haggle for the same price as one they have to fight for, they're going to take the no haggle option every time. If Ford goes the other way and says our MSRP is the same as our competitors, but we're not going to move off of it, then they'll die a quick death if the others keep dealing.

I think we'll see that COVID killed dealerships as we know it. No more need to inventory a bunch of vehicles, or have a bunch of employees. It'll be like how Tesla does it. Very small store, a car or two inside, and then you order what you want and come back in 6 weeks or whatever to pick it up. Much lower cost model.

If Ford can take the money the dealer gets out of the equation, they're already on par with the competitors and pocketing all of the money for themselves. They'll just have to figure out service.

Service departments are the future revenue generators for the dealerships.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Gumbeaux] #8857805 05/25/23 06:41 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Wonder what that will do to impulse buying.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857811 05/25/23 06:48 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Paluxy

Wonder what that will do to impulse buying.

My last 2 trucks were "impulse" buys while I was getting an oil change service!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Jimbo1] #8857817 05/25/23 06:52 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

My last 2 trucks were "impulse" buys while I was getting an oil change service!

Yep, the one I have now was an impulse buy, got it on my way home one day. Just because.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Gumbeaux] #8857818 05/25/23 06:54 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
It'll be like how Tesla does it. Very small store, a car or two inside, and then you order what you want and come back in 6 weeks or whatever to pick it up. Much lower cost model.

They'll just have to figure out service.

How does Tesla do service? Never asked or even looking into it, interesting concept though.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857829 05/25/23 06:58 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Almost every dealership owner I've ever met was an egomaniacal buffoon. And I met a lot in my line of work. Good riddance.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8857867 05/25/23 07:46 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Gumbeaux is right. GM and the others will eat them alive by under pricing them. Never met a CEO that didn’t have a bloated ego.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Dave Davidson] #8858021 05/25/23 11:23 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Gumbeaux is right. GM and the others will eat them alive by under pricing them. Never met a CEO that didn’t have a bloated ego.

you think Ford cares? Ford sees what everyone else but tesla and Amazon sees…

A) biggest recession in US history is shaping up currently.. Cutting costs and over head is a must
B) most profitable and quickest way to adjust prices is direct to consumer model.
C) most profitable division is always internal credit/loans, direct to consumer model is more competitive in offering Ford credit this way

GM just got their company back from Goverment, I wouldnt bet on anything the company does

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8858022 05/25/23 11:32 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I’ve seen a lot of manufacturers go to fixed prices. On the first day when someone sells it for less, that model goes right out the window.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8858039 05/25/23 11:54 PM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I remember GM’s Saturn experiment with fixed prices. Didn’t go well.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Ford Greed [Re: 603Country] #8858054 05/26/23 12:39 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by 603Country

Local Ford dealership tried that. The true blue, pre-negotiated pricing model didn’t last.

I wouldn’t mind if vehicles were all a set price. It’s the hassle of haggling and inflated msrp’s and dealer premiums that pizz me off.

I haven’t bought a Toyota in years but they used to stay extremely close to sticker….maybe come off $500 but that was about it.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Ford Greed [Re: txtrophy85] #8858094 05/26/23 01:44 AM
Gumbeaux Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Local Ford dealership tried that. The true blue, pre-negotiated pricing model didn’t last.

I wouldn’t mind if vehicles were all a set price. It’s the hassle of haggling and inflated msrp’s and dealer premiums that pizz me off.

I haven’t bought a Toyota in years but they used to stay extremely close to sticker….maybe come off $500 but that was about it.

I never bought a Toyota, but that's the way most of the luxury European cars work. You may get a few bucks off, but nothing like the $10-15K I used to get off of Ford trucks.

The big hurdle is going to be the decades of history they have to overcome. The price hasn't been the price for decades.....when they now say the price is really the price, no one is going to believe it and they're not going to buy for full MSRP unless that MSRP is competitive with the fully discounted deals that GM and Chrysler offer.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ford Greed [Re: DukeCigars] #8858202 05/26/23 11:49 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by DukeCigars
They’ve already said a few times they were going to go this way. He also wants to get rid of dealerships.

Sometime last year they came out with 2 types of EV certifications and if the dealers didn’t want to play along, they were going to have their franchise license revoked. Ford wants to just go to a DTC model with fixed pricing because they see it like buying a T shirt online.

100% true. Local F*** dealer General Manager told me the same (not "our" F*** dealership, another close-by) and that he was one of the last in the Nation to refuse the $100K worth of equipment and another $80K in advertising for the EV stuff. F*** threatened the franchise agreement. He was ticked because at the time, they had about 12 new vehicles on the lot due to supply issues.

Pretty sure that was before Saturn was fully engulfed by GM. That was when Saturns did not have any GM parts or engineering.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8858205 05/26/23 12:06 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

COVID taught corporate America that they can make more by producing less and charging more

It’s the new way.
So pay up and like it.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Ford Greed [Re: reeltexan] #8858218 05/26/23 12:43 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by reeltexan

COVID taught corporate America that they can make more by producing less and charging more

It’s the new way.
So pay up and like it.

^^^

Yep, embrace the suck!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: TCM3] #8858404 05/26/23 05:13 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by TCM3
Looks like Stellantis will be gaining customers.

The Ram dealer I am using right now is fixed 11.5% off msrp on new truck orders before incentives.No haggle. Trade in and financially is not talked about at time of order. They are the number one volume Ram dealer in in the country with this business model. I think this is the future all new auto sales are headed to. Other than the wait it has been a wonderful experience. Ford gets it. People are tired of the used car salesman tactics. A local dealer manager asked me why I would not buy from him. I told him because I found a fixed price out of state almost $11,000 cheaper than what he was able to offer. Really better than that, because mine has more add on packages with it.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Sniper John] #8858487 05/26/23 07:57 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sniper John

The Ram dealer I am using right now is fixed 11.5% off msrp on new truck orders before incentives.No haggle. Trade in and financially is not talked about at time of order. They are the number one volume Ram dealer in in the country with this business model. I think this is the future all new auto sales are headed to. Other than the wait it has been a wonderful experience. Ford gets it. People are tired of the used car salesman tactics. A local dealer manager asked me why I would not buy from him. I told him because I found a fixed price out of state almost $11,000 cheaper than what he was able to offer. Really better than that, because mine has more add on packages with it.

Where is this Ram Dealer?

Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8858496 05/26/23 08:16 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Mark Dodge, Lake Charles. But know orders for 2023 HDs closed a few days ago and pricing on the 2024s is not available yet. The ramtrucks build website does not reflect ordering closed, but it was reported on an HD truck forum.

Re: Ford Greed [Re: jskin] #8858590 05/26/23 11:16 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Yea...I don't care what Ford does. Not a fan of any of their products.

This^^^^^

Originally Posted by jskin
Still the best trucks on the road!

dunce

🍻
Re: Ford Greed [Re: Paluxy] #8858632 05/27/23 02:01 AM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I really don’t think we need to worry about ‘no haggle’ truck pricing in the future. Too much competition in the marketplace to allow it to survive. It’s just some dumb a__ idea from some unseasoned new guy that thinks this is a radical new winning idea to sell trucks. Probably not old enough to have watched the dumb a__ Saturn disaster that was going to be a radical new idea to sell cars.

I was in corporate America for a long time, and I observed some seriously brain deficient ideas from folks in high positions. Our job as underlings was to say out loud “you are a genius Big Guy”, while thinking “God have mercy on us, this is stupid”.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Ford Greed [Re: glens] #8859776 05/29/23 03:13 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by Sniper John

Where is this Ram Dealer?

My boat mechanic bought a new 1/2 ton RAM about 2 months ago for over 7K off sticker price in Eastland.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide