Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8852684 05/15/23 01:54 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Great looking project, definitely doing it right. Have done some projects myself, and it is a very fun and rewarding thing to do. Looked farther north before and need to go that way, just currently at a point in life where I wouldn’t have the free time to utilize it. Great looking project again, keep us updated!

Re: Wetland Project [Re: woodduckhunter] #8854092 05/18/23 03:04 AM
B
BarneyWho Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by woodduckhunter
Great looking project, definitely doing it right. Have done some projects myself, and it is a very fun and rewarding thing to do. Looked farther north before and need to go that way, just currently at a point in life where I wouldn’t have the free time to utilize it. Great looking project again, keep us updated!

Thanks. Nothing too exiting going on other than getting our ducks in a row (pun intended). Meeting for our grant went great. Finally got all the requested information for that pulled together. Application will be filed on July 1st and crossing fingers it's approved. We can't move dirt until after July 1st for all expenses to qualify for the grant. Contractor we selected can't start until August any way. Going to cut it close to have a season, but we are moving in that direction.

In the mean time, we've been going back and fort on our wet well design, inlet pipe size, and pump for best efficiency. As well as a NEMA 4 or NEMA 1 rated VFD with and without an environmentally controlled box. Lots and lots and lots of decisions to be made to go along with the work.

We decided to use a rail system in our wet well to make installation as well as service of the pump simple:
[Linked Image]

Pump efficiency chart used during wet well design :
[Linked Image]

One iteration of our wet well:
[Linked Image]

NRCS stipulates one of their approved meters has to be used to meet the qualification of our water rights. Meter should be accessible at any time for them to verify the information we submit each year on gallons pumped. Originally we were going to put the pump above ground, but we found a meter with an elevated analog display to eliminate all the flanges and 90's making the construction and cost cheaper.

Lots to do, but I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8854494 05/18/23 11:24 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Does KWood approve all this? Might need his input, check the math and stuff..make sure this will not drive night only mallard feeding and stuff like that…

Originally Posted by BarneyWho
We decided to use a rail system in our wet well to make installation as well as service of the pump simple:
[Linked Image]

Pump efficiency chart used during wet well design :
[Linked Image]

One iteration of our wet well:
[Linked Image]

Re: Wetland Project [Re: Guy] #8854566 05/19/23 02:27 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Guy
Does KWood approve all this? Might need his input, check the math and stuff..make sure this will not drive night only mallard feeding and stuff like that…

I have no input on pumps, haven't had to mess with anything like that, so it's something I'm ignorant on. It'd be neat to learn about if I need to though as I do like numbers.

I'll still stand by my statement though, straight corn has a chance of turning mallards nocturnal, as research supports.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Wetland Project [Re: KWood_TSU] #8854577 05/19/23 03:20 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by Guy

I have no input on pumps, haven't had to mess with anything like that, so it's something I'm ignorant on. It'd be neat to learn about if I need to though as I do like numbers.

I'll still stand by my statement though, straight corn has a chance of turning mallards nocturnal, as research supports.

no, large and wide swaths of pressure has the chance of turning mallards nocturnal per your own links. Again you are making a blanket statement in a post without knowing any other parameters.

With that said Ive never seen a below river grade pump system myself, pretty cool Barney, although looks like a giant snake pit in summer time.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Wetland Project [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8854615 05/19/23 11:04 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Guy

no, large and wide swaths of pressure has the chance of turning mallards nocturnal per your own links. Again you are making a blanket statement in a post without knowing any other parameters.

With that said Ive never seen a below river grade pump system myself, pretty cool Barney, although looks like a giant snake pit in summer time.

So has a chance means blanket statement. Man, you're hard to please.
And yes, we all agreed it was multiple factors, as research shows, but straight corn has a higher probability, as research shows, that you reject.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: KWood_TSU] #8854649 05/19/23 12:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Guy

So has a chance means blanket statement. Man, you're hard to please.
And yes, we all agreed it was multiple factors, as research shows, but straight corn has a higher probability, as research shows, that you reject.

whats to argue? Their historical harvest rates, limit times, WRP or conservation program payments, Seed costs, expenses…

what do you want to argue? This is third development in a 50 miles radius in 15 years…. You are implying theory to their 15 years of real data.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8854700 05/19/23 02:30 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
You are something else. It's a general statement, for the whole US, not just his place. I made a general statement, and you're too dense to realize it.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: KWood_TSU] #8854807 05/19/23 05:50 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
You are something else. It's a general statement, for the whole US, not just his place. I made a general statement, and you're too dense to realize it.

From the outside looking at this objectively... the one that appears dense is the one that makes a general theoretical statement/argument on a guy's thread that clearly knows what he's doing. Then doesn't understand why he got dragged.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: LarryCopper] #8855277 05/20/23 05:27 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

From the outside looking at this objectively... the one that appears dense is the one that makes a general theoretical statement/argument on a guy's thread that clearly knows what he's doing. Then doesn't understand why he got dragged.

Well you're wrong, it's not theoretical, it's scientifically proven.
So barney is the exception, not the rule, good for him.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856124 05/22/23 02:51 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
follow the science, always follow the science, did 2020 not teach you people anything?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Wetland Project [Re: KWood_TSU] #8856170 05/22/23 04:24 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

Well you're wrong, it's not theoretical, it's scientifically proven.
So barney is the exception, not the rule, good for him.

every link posted on this thread is a macro overview of habit’s tied to pressure.

You have only told them they are doing wrong, with out any other context or even mitigation type questions. I get it, as you already told us you are the proclaimed academically astute professional, you dont need or want context or historical reference for perspective.

If I was going to build a wetland with flood able crops Id interview tons of people before I started giving out advice based solely on what I’ve read or hunted in a limited capacity on.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856196 05/22/23 04:52 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I like how the OP doesn’t care about the two middle school boys arguing. He’s just over there hand rolling 410s getting ready for November to swing on back around.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: ducknbass] #8856203 05/22/23 05:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I like how the OP doesn’t care about the two middle school boys arguing. He’s just over there hand rolling 410s getting ready for November to swing on back around.

He is hurting today. We where in OKC for soccer turny this weekend. LONG weekend!!! Girls rocked so it was cool.

youth soccer games are better then closing time at the bar… so many special idiots out there

but ya those light loaded TSS 410 are crazy quiet.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: ducknbass] #8856209 05/22/23 05:19 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass

That made me laugh really hard. I've actually got 1000 wads and Fiocchi .410 hulls I need to load. bang

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856254 05/22/23 06:52 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Rich folks stuff traveling out of country to play futbol with 10 year olds.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856256 05/22/23 06:59 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Well, all I know is that if you ain't killin' gadwall at 25 yards in 50 degree weather wearing Sitka waders and shooting Boss shells... you're doing it wrong. It's science dammit!

Re: Wetland Project [Re: garrett] #8856419 05/23/23 02:07 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by garrett
follow the science, always follow the science, did 2020 not teach you people anything?

Well if you want to be informed, science can't lie. Science is fact based info, but the scientists on the other hand can lie. So yes, extrapolate the data and follow the science.

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856523 05/23/23 12:24 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
this thread is the largest gathering of TSU scientists ever assembled.

#sigline
Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856620 05/23/23 03:05 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
let me get my Big Chief tablet and #2 pencil out for note taking, I plan on learning today

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8856762 05/23/23 07:12 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Excrapalate

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8858684 05/27/23 03:50 AM
B
BarneyWho Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
I just extrapolated a bunch of free nocturnal seed!! roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8858932 05/27/23 08:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
fancy corn….

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8860197 05/30/23 11:51 AM
C
ChrisG Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
I just extrapolated a bunch of free nocturnal seed!! roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I see you found your way into the Indian Corn.

Beware as it will attract aggressive deer that will make your ducks go nocturnal.

chicken

Re: Wetland Project [Re: BarneyWho] #8860249 05/30/23 02:27 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I'm getting the midnight munchy's just looking at it.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide