Makes me mad and sad at the same time.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8851192 05/12/23 03:12 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
An hour video.... Cliff notes would be nice.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: freerange] #8851914 05/13/23 02:15 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by freerange
An hour video.... Cliff notes would be nice.

You don’t even have to watch the whole hour to get the gist of how corrupt the system is.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8852135 05/13/23 09:26 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
What is commonly accepted as an ideal diet by the American Heart Association is complete Bullshyte.

The food pyramid is a joke.

Everything is pumped full of preservatives and seed oils.

The average American is in terrible health.

People need to wake up, get active and eat a real healthy diet of proteins and simple carbs. Food is fuel, not fun!

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: txtrophy85] #8852146 05/13/23 09:51 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Food is fuel, not fun!

I remember a time when some whipped cream in a can was a helluva lotta fun, but I digress.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8852228 05/14/23 12:58 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
"Food is fuel, not fun." Did you come up with that?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: Creekrunner] #8852254 05/14/23 02:08 AM
el Rojo Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Food is fuel, not fun!

I remember a time when some whipped cream in a can was a helluva lotta fun, but I digress.

eeks333 roflmao

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: Creekrunner] #8852264 05/14/23 02:32 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Food is fuel, not fun!

🤦🏻‍♂️

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: freerange] #8852265 05/14/23 02:33 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I mean, I guess I did.

I’ve never heard it before

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: txtrophy85] #8852450 05/14/23 04:22 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

I mean, I guess I did.

I’ve never heard it before

Ive just started going to a gym and Im sure the trainer Ive consulted with some, would love it.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: freerange] #8852821 05/15/23 04:12 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker

Kind of goes with the saying, “If you are not profoundly grateful for the food on your plate in front of you, you’re eating too much.”

All of these highly processed addictive (by design) foods completely jack up our true hunger signals.

I’ve heard at least one low carb advocating doctor say that fat and protein are nutrition, carbs are entertainment. There is nothing essential to human nutrition in carbohydrates. Protein, on the other hand, supplies essential amino acids while fat supplies essential fatty acids. Most of the vitamins that humans need to have for optimal health are fat solvable.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: txtrophy85] #8852822 05/15/23 04:15 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
What is commonly accepted as an ideal diet by the American Heart Association is complete Bullshyte.

The food pyramid is a joke.

Everything is pumped full of preservatives and seed oils.

The average American is in terrible health.

People need to wake up, get active and eat a real healthy diet of proteins and simple carbs. Food is fuel, not fun!

Truth! And keep the carbs low. Carbs= extra glucose in the blood = higher insulin level= inability to burn stored fat because insulin is a growth hormone.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: Creekrunner] #8852909 05/15/23 07:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Food is fuel, not fun!

They will no longer give me the bottle of whipped cream at Myrons.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8852944 05/15/23 08:28 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by GNTX

Kind of goes with the saying, “If you are not profoundly grateful for the food on your plate in front of you, you’re eating too much.”

All of these highly processed addictive (by design) foods completely jack up our true hunger signals.

I’ve heard at least one low carb advocating doctor say that fat and protein are nutrition, carbs are entertainment. There is nothing essential to human nutrition in carbohydrates. Protein, on the other hand, supplies essential amino acids while fat supplies essential fatty acids. Most of the vitamins that humans need to have for optimal health are fat solvable.

Gntx, you said "There is nothing essential to human nutrition in carbohydrates." I dont know first hand and not enough to debate at all. But im going to ask the extremely experienced and respected trainer I just started using about this. Im almost certain he will say thats the stupidest thing hes ever heard. Im curious what others think.
Actually, as I type this I am eating and I have a plate HALF full of brown rice. I seriously dont even know if thats a carb for sure, Im that uninformed(but starting to learn.) Im eating that with 6 oz chicken. Its a meal suggested to me by the trainer thats done this his whole life. I dont have a weight problem, Im simply providing my body and mind the fuel it needs to do physical stuff.

Last edited by freerange; 05/15/23 08:29 PM.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8852995 05/15/23 10:28 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I eat simple carbs in the form of rice, fruit, some veggies, etc.

If i just eat meat 100% i feel sluggish.

I'm not anti-carb by any stretch, but most people consume too many carbs in relation to protein.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8853006 05/15/23 11:01 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Yeah, I don't think mankind has ever gone without carbs in our diet, I doubt mankind would have survived with out them. That said Americans in general are way overweight due to excess consumption and have addictions to sugar and processed foods. It's funny I can eat a plate of restaurant fries and feel great, if I eat over a handful of potato chips they don't sit well. The ingredients of potato chips seem simple enough but there's something about them my gut doesn't like.

Agreed the food pyramid is a joke and is a good example of corporate funded science. It took a massive amount of people that went against the age old recommended diets and went on Atkins diets to upend medical science on what is good and bad for us.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: freerange] #8853012 05/15/23 11:09 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker

Gntx, you said "There is nothing essential to human nutrition in carbohydrates." I dont know first hand and not enough to debate at all. But im going to ask the extremely experienced and respected trainer I just started using about this. Im almost certain he will say thats the stupidest thing hes ever heard. Im curious what others think.
Actually, as I type this I am eating and I have a plate HALF full of brown rice. I seriously dont even know if thats a carb for sure, Im that uninformed(but starting to learn.) Im eating that with 6 oz chicken. Its a meal suggested to me by the trainer thats done this his whole life. I dont have a weight problem, Im simply providing my body and mind the fuel it needs to do physical stuff.

Your trainer will tell you what he has been told, and what I believed until just over a year ago. I ate brown rice, multi-grain bread, etc.. believing that stuff was good for me. But I stumbled across Dr. Berry on YT who solved his own obesity problem be delving into human anthropology and learning the diet that we ate was predominately meat and organs. Very little in the way of grains or plant material. I have done several hundred hours of research from various lectures and cited studies that get buried because it doesn’t further the interests of big food and pharma interests who have lobbyists to keep the government green lighting and promoting their products in the food pyramid and what gets put into school lunch programs. Those are things spoken about in the video I linked to above.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: Paluxy] #8853014 05/15/23 11:14 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by Paluxy
Yeah, I don't think mankind has ever gone without carbs in our diet, I doubt mankind would have survived with out them. That said Americans in general are way overweight due to excess consumption and have addictions to sugar and processed foods. It's funny I can eat a plate of restaurant fries and feel great, if I eat over a handful of potato chips they don't sit well. The ingredients of potato chips seem simple enough but there's something about them my gut doesn't like.

Agreed the food pyramid is a joke and is a good example of corporate funded science. It took a massive amount of people that went against the age old recommended diets and went on Atkins diets to upend medical science on what is good and bad for us.

If you are in a famine, then sugars from carbs will keep you from starving to death. But how often do you go to the store and see no beef, poultry, eggs, fish, crustaceans, etc. in this day and ags? (Pandemic aside) That being said, I have seen in survival courses that plants alone will not give you enough caloric energy to overcome your caloric burn. Got to have some fat, either from animals or nuts of some kind.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8853036 05/16/23 12:02 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

If you are in a famine, then sugars from carbs will keep you from starving to death. But how often do you go to the store and see no beef, poultry, eggs, fish, crustaceans, etc. in this day and ags? (Pandemic aside) That being said, I have seen in survival courses that plants alone will not give you enough caloric energy to overcome your caloric burn. Got to have some fat, either from animals or nuts of some kind.

fat is crucial to a diet. people, depending on locale, ate carbs in the forms of fruits, berries, wild onions, etc. But no, whoever sold you that whole wheat is good for you lied. And people commonly believe that a wheat bagel with cream cheese spread is a "healthy" breakfast.

Meat and rice, chicken and rice, peanut butter ( natural peanut butter not the Jiff or Skippy bullshyte with all the seed oils mixed in ) and a banana or apple, steak, baked fish....is pretty much all I eat. Pretty boring actually.

But I'm more or less at the same weight I was in high school, 20 years later. Not many people can claim the same.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8853045 05/16/23 12:23 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Then there are genetics, my wife and her twin are good examples. My wife is the same size she was in HS, maybe even smaller. Quite fit for 62. Like her Dad she eats whatever she wants from pizza to cheeseburgers, he eats more ice cream and corn dogs than anyone should! That said he is 87 and plays golf 1 to 3 times a week. Her twin sister on the other hand got her mother's genes and fights weight constantly.

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: Paluxy] #8853116 05/16/23 03:21 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Then there are genetics, my wife and her twin are good examples. My wife is the same size she was in HS, maybe even smaller. Quite fit for 62. Like her Dad she eats whatever she wants from pizza to cheeseburgers, he eats more ice cream and corn dogs than anyone should! That said he is 87 and plays golf 1 to 3 times a week. Her twin sister on the other hand got her mother's genes and fights weight constantly.

Genetics play a part to a degree, but look at overall calorie intake. What gets people in trouble a lot of the time is snacking and drinking calories, not necessarily eating a few slices of pizza and a cheeseburger. You can eat pizza and cheeseburgers as long as your calorie intake is not in a consistent surplus and maintain your weight.

Thyroid regulation also plays a huge part in how your body metabolizes calories

Re: More inconvenient truths about diet. [Re: GNTX] #8866363 06/11/23 08:27 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Dr. Ken Berry is one of the YT Doctors that I trust bunches. I`ve watched many of his videos on Keto and other things. He just honest and tells you like it is whether you like it or not. He the type of Dr. that a pill pusher would refer to as a conspiracy theorist or someone with an ax to grind against statins. That`s what my Dr. did last year when I had my yearly checkup, and we had a discussion about statins and side effects that went sideways pretty quick. It` just happens that I`m having my yearly checkup again in the morning. Might be interesting.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide