Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler #8843115 04/30/23 12:54 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
My buddy is researching new trailers. He once had a Ranch King but sold it. Is there any of the same build quality ?

Carrying a large CanAM and sometimes bigger

What brands are good? And what is a No

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8843230 04/30/23 06:19 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I personally think best one with right features is Maxx-d U3X – 7K TANDEM AXLE UTILITY

Ive been happy with my load-trail its basically a PJ knock off, with at said load trail and PJ utility may both be made in sane yard in mexico, thats how close they are.

with that said Maxx’d builss theirs way would build mine if i built trailers

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8843583 05/01/23 12:19 AM
N
NGHTTRN Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
I have a load-trail for years and ive been happy.

BY Ranch, Crystal City TX. South Texas Whitetail
https://huntbyranch.com
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8844002 05/01/23 04:03 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Diamond C is making some nice trailers.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8845663 05/03/23 09:11 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Maxx’d if money is no option and he wants all the options.

Diamond C or Kearney if he’s more reasonable.

But what’s a medium heavy duty? Are you talking about a 7,000 pound trailer with pipe top? Or a 10k or 12k bumper pull?

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8845684 05/03/23 09:28 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I bought a 16' heavy angle top, 2x 3500# axles with ramp gate from Texas Trailer Supply between Manor & Elgin, It works fine for my Kubota RTV and small Kubota tractor with implements. They have a few locatoins and their prices were considerably lower than everywhere else I shopped around for. I am not sure why you would need a really heavy duty trailer for hauling any type of rigged out UTV.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: BigPig] #8845835 05/04/23 01:27 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BigPig

But what’s a medium heavy duty? Are you talking about a 7,000 pound trailer with pipe top? Or a 10k or 12k bumper pull?

Money is not a problem

His old one was a ranch king an it was , not sure of axles size but bigger I’m guessing 7000. It may have been a ranchking tc 80

If MaxxD is good there is a dealer by him.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8845902 05/04/23 03:40 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Money is not a problem

His old one was a ranch king an it was , not sure of axles size but bigger I’m guessing 7000. It may have been a ranchking tc 80

MaxxD just does every thing right from coupler, jacks all the way to license bracket.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8845910 05/04/23 03:55 AM
20bore Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Don’t know where he’s located but Temples Trailers in Sulphur Springs builds a good trailer.
They’ll build it any way you want.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8846064 05/04/23 02:48 PM
R
reeder05 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Money is not a problem

If money isn't a problem, I'd have a hard time not recommending a tandem by Top Hat.

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Wife has always wanted some Hard 8
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8846145 05/04/23 04:50 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Maxey, Load Trail, Pj, Lamar and about 15 other major brands are all copy cats of each other and built within a few miles of where I’m at typing this from. My friend owns Load Trail so I generally use their brand but their all pretty solid trailers these days as long as you stick to a major name brand trailer company you’ll be fine. I’d personally stay away from a small builder, they have to cut corners to compete with the big boys buying power and most of them are built pretty poorly.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Ol Thumper] #8846330 05/04/23 08:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Maxey, Load Trail, Pj, Lamar and about 15 other major brands are all copy cats of each other and built within a few miles of where I’m at typing this from. My friend owns Load Trail so I generally use their brand but their all pretty solid trailers these days as long as you stick to a major name brand trailer company you’ll be fine. I’d personally stay away from a small builder, they have to cut corners to compete with the big boys buying power and most of them are built pretty poorly.

When did they being PJ utility back to the US, last I check all they did here was wiring

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8846359 05/04/23 09:22 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I never knew they were built anywhere other than the US but they pump them out here like hot cakes and have for decades. We’ve got a small property right in the middle of these trailer manufacturing conglomerates and it baffles me who buys all these things. Semi after semi load of trailers rolling by all day every day. PJ and Load Trail ship more than the the rest out though, Maxey ships a good bit but not even a blip on the other two’s radar.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Ol Thumper] #8846461 05/05/23 12:48 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I never knew they were built anywhere other than the US but they pump them out here like hot cakes and have for decades. We’ve got a small property right in the middle of these trailer manufacturing conglomerates and it baffles me who buys all these things. Semi after semi load of trailers rolling by all day every day. PJ and Load Trail ship more than the the rest out though, Maxey ships a good bit but not even a blip on the other two’s radar.

the utility trailers I know PJ use to make in Mexico at least pre-covid and ships in. Big trailers are made here still

my load trail is nice but they welded the Spring attachment to long and i keep flipping a hanger on it. I have floor jack so take 2 min to fix but still annoying

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8846508 05/05/23 01:54 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I’m sure Mexico builds them as well but they’ve been producing utility trailers here for as long as I can remember at least at some scale, I drive by their at least once a week and see them sitting around. You can see hundreds of trailers of all types piled everywhere, it’s nuts. How they keep tabs on everything is beyond me.

If you seen the type of people working at all the company’s you’d understand why your hanger is the way it is. Quality control is an issue depending on the current work force that month at all of them If you know what I mean.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8846681 05/05/23 02:13 PM
WattoHunt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I just built a customized PJ trailer for my SxS and dirtbikes.

I specifically wanted the largest single axle trailer with an axle-less Timbren suspension. I worked with Nationwide in Ft. Worth and they made it happen. We built a 14' x 7' trailer with 5,200 lb Timbren suspension.

I opted to install their unique decking that is rubber topped wood that will last the life of the trailer.

I also had trailer jack mounts welded to the frame on both sides, so if I needed to change a tire all I had to do was install a removable jack and lift the trailer to change a tire without much hassle.

I'm very happy with the trailer and it rides like a Cadillac with the Timbren suspension....especially when not heavily loaded.

This set up was about double what you would spend vs. the stock trailer....but I got exactly what I wanted....a bada** trailer.

[Linked Image]

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: WattoHunt] #8847766 05/06/23 09:42 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by WattoHunt

I specifically wanted the largest single axle trailer with an axle-less Timbren suspension. I worked with Nationwide in Ft. Worth and they made it happen. We built a 14' x 7' trailer with 5,200 lb Timbren suspension.

I opted to install their unique decking that is rubber topped wood that will last the life of the trailer.

I also had trailer jack mounts welded to the frame on both sides, so if I needed to change a tire all I had to do was install a removable jack and lift the trailer to change a tire without much hassle.

I'm very happy with the trailer and it rides like a Cadillac with the Timbren suspension....especially when not heavily loaded.

This set up was about double what you would spend vs. the stock trailer....but I got exactly what I wanted....a bada** trailer.

[Linked Image]

That’s a nice trailer up

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8849317 05/09/23 12:15 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Spend your money on what you want, but an expensive trailer is not needed. Bought a no name 16-footer in the early 2000’s. It moves feed monthly has moved a house worth of lumber and supplies and couple 40 horse tractors with implements. A little faded paint some scratches and replaced wood is all it has to show. I could repaint it and stain the wood and it would look new.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8849383 05/09/23 02:35 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
up what I said earlier ...

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: WattoHunt] #8849498 05/09/23 06:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

[Linked Image]

Ive been itching to change mine over to Timbren suspension. Ive flipped hanger a few times on BLM roads. Im guessing your is extremely smooth

also piece of advice dont tie off to factor bumper. You will rip it off… From experience. I put a HD D ring through metal differential plate protector on bottom and attach to that now.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8849526 05/09/23 07:55 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Here’s an idea most people don’t think about on a trailer especially if your having one built. Have a 2’ plate added in front of the drivers side axle the same depth as the fender so you can easily get in and out of the SxS on the trailer. I’ve busted my but a couple times standing on the top rail of the trailer in crappy weather so I added the steps, best addition you can have IMO.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8849683 05/09/23 11:55 PM
Gumbeaux Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

[Linked Image]

Ive been itching to change mine over to Timbren suspension. Ive flipped hanger a few times on BLM roads. Im guessing your is extremely smooth

also piece of advice dont tie off to factor bumper. You will rip it off… From experience. I put a HD D ring through metal differential plate protector on bottom and attach to that now.

Agree, those bumpers are pretty cheesy. I tie my mule off with straps through the rims now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: Brother in-law] #8849740 05/10/23 01:49 AM
WattoHunt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Thanks guys....I've heard the bumper is pretty lousy for a tie-off point. So far I've been lucky not to have anything happen.

I'll start using the strap/wheel method or find another means to attach.

Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: WattoHunt] #8849814 05/10/23 03:30 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Thanks guys....I've heard the bumper is pretty lousy for a tie-off point. So far I've been lucky not to have anything happen.

Best way to tie down a SxS

[Linked Image]

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Medium HVY Duty Utility Trsiler [Re: BigPig] #8849935 05/10/23 01:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Best way to tie down a SxS

[Linked Image]

ive bounced mine out of those too.. lol. but just had them on front wheels

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide