Print Thread
9th and 10th Amendments #8833733 04/14/23 01:40 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
9th:: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10th:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

These two rights TODAY are never even considered but years ago they had REAL POWER. Now I am NOT for slavery but the reason there had to be a Constitutional Amendment to abolish it was because it was a pre-existing and legal practice in many states and there had been about 8 cases on it brought to the Supreme Court and EVERY TIME the Supreme Court ruled that it was a Constitutionally protected right under the 9th and 10th Amendments. HENCE the need for the Constitutional Amendment to abolish it.

In any event think of all the things being regulated BY THE FEDERAL government, guns, schools, Christmas Trees, prayers in schools, etc. etc. etc. All that is required, IMHO is to establish the practices existed pre- Constitution and the Constitution gives the Federal Government no say in Education, etc. and VOILA! Your old time rights are protected, including the right to keep and bear arms.

Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8834106 04/15/23 12:07 AM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

The constitution has been subverted by Congress delegating its authority to agencies of bureaucrats with job security the taxpayers can only dream about.

Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: soooo] #8834336 04/15/23 02:04 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by soooo

The constitution has been subverted by Congress delegating its authority to agencies of bureaucrats with job security the taxpayers can only dream about.

What's even more disturbing about that is that it is explicitly prohibited in the Constitution for Congress to do what they are doing. They are not permitted to abdicate their responsibilities.

There is also something called the contract clause in the Constitution that even the most conservative courts simply gloss over and pretend doesn't exist.

There are countless examples of tyranny coming from the federal government that completely overstep their Authority and many of them were done with the best of intentions such as the Fair Housing Act of 1934.

People on the hard left believe that it is appropriate to use the force of government to force people into compliance with what they believe such as ending discrimination based on race. I'm of the belief that the government should stay out of that and that Society should simply progress to that point which it will. Forced compliance breeds resentment and it's not real compliance, it's simply pretending to be in compliance but the fundamental beliefs that were objectionable in the first place have never gone away.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8834352 04/15/23 02:40 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
I agree fully with you about Congress delegating their job to others. Unconstitutional. A case in point is the Presidential Pardon. Years ago a Supreme Court argued that the Pardon was for the CONVICTION. The courts had to do their work, the individual convicted, and then a pardon. If the Pardon was issued BEFORE, it was obstruction of justice. As an example a high ranking cabinet officer indicted on a crime. If the President issues a PARDON from prosecution then facts never come to light that the scope of the wrongdoing might have led to the President himself.
Another pet peeve of mine are these administrative law courts. There are now a lot of professions or activities where, in order to participate you must agree to accept the findings of a mediator, administrative law court, etc. The idea, if you don't like it, then don't be a plumber, electrician, hunter, angler, car driver, etc. You ought to ALWAYS have a right to trial by jury.

Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8834748 04/16/23 02:04 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dave Scott
I agree fully with you about Congress delegating their job to others. Unconstitutional. A case in point is the Presidential Pardon. Years ago a Supreme Court argued that the Pardon was for the CONVICTION. The courts had to do their work, the individual convicted, and then a pardon. If the Pardon was issued BEFORE, it was obstruction of justice. As an example a high ranking cabinet officer indicted on a crime. If the President issues a PARDON from prosecution then facts never come to light that the scope of the wrongdoing might have led to the President himself.
Another pet peeve of mine are these administrative law courts. There are now a lot of professions or activities where, in order to participate you must agree to accept the findings of a mediator, administrative law court, etc. The idea, if you don't like it, then don't be a plumber, electrician, hunter, angler, car driver, etc. You ought to ALWAYS have a right to trial by jury.

This is what made me choose to be in the swimming pool business. It is completely unregulated outside of some safety and a building codes. I have a journeyman electrician license and could have simply gone into that line of work when I gave up being a fabricator and wrenching on performance cars.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8835481 04/17/23 08:40 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
We are regulating ourselves into despotism.

Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8846997 05/05/23 07:54 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Somehow the point missed is that the constitution is only there if we defend it. The constitution was written to protect us from government and in no way shape or form was the government ever expected to protect the constitution.

Last edited by rickt300; 05/05/23 07:58 PM.
Re: 9th and 10th Amendments [Re: Dave Scott] #8853276 05/16/23 03:11 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
I agree, I've checked out that website linking all the states trying to create a conference on this issue.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide