Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8817994 03/14/23 07:43 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Could Irving go after the NFL for wrongful termination?

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8817995 03/14/23 07:46 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
guilty until proven innocent

THF mantra.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Hudbone] #8817996 03/14/23 07:48 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone
So many good people to consider, commemorate and talk about and so many of youse guys & gal talk about this slimy one - for days in multiple threads.

And yet, here you are again posting in it.... roflmao

Kinda like Max, he's ate up with the sportsball. They live rent free.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8817997 03/14/23 07:49 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Count your posts and then count mine.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Hudbone] #8817998 03/14/23 07:49 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by DocHorton

I could potentially see that if it happened while he was working, but he was not "on the clock" when it happened. At least from what I have read. Do you have something that shows his room and reservation was provided by the NFL? I haven't seen that anywhere.

I have not seen that, but that would be a reason for them to call the NFL. I do not travel that much on business, but when I do, we get a corporate discount from the hotel, we have corporate contracts with the hotels we deal with. Marriott might be able to show what they did was "business as usual", that Irvin was not the first person they ban from hotel and called the employer if it was business travel when corporate contracts are involved.

No, it's just a conspiracy to take advantage of the thug. Such a shame some people have led their lives where these allegations are not immediately dismissed by those who review them. Does everyone believe something inappropriate happened for sure - no. Do all think it may have taken place? The bet there is yes.

The whole doesn't matter because it didn't happen at work thing is also a crock.

No one said that.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818001 03/14/23 07:52 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Classic harassment, not assault as suspected. Whether that justified a reporting to NFL and they taking their actions will be figured out by the court system.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: S.A. hunter] #8818002 03/14/23 07:53 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Could Irving go after the NFL for wrongful termination?

I would. They based their action on an accusation.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818004 03/14/23 07:53 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Touched the girls elbow and then they shook hands, it looks pretty bad

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Hudbone] #8818005 03/14/23 07:54 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Count your posts and then count mine.

I'm not the one on my high horse.

But I did, you've made more posts on the Irvin and sportsball threads than me, until I just quoted you. Lmao. rofl

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818008 03/14/23 08:02 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I am a fan of Michael Irvin and appreciate the manner in which he does his job. Both when he lined up on the field and then when he got into broadcasting. I have decried the lynch mob mentality espoused by members such as Max and lament the fact Irvin has led himself to where he now finds himself.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DocHorton] #8818011 03/14/23 08:05 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

If you say something inappropriate to a waiter at a restaurant would they ever go to your employer to try to get you fired or get you in trouble? Of course not, because that's ridiculous. But that is exactly what the hotel did and where they screwed up, and I think it is going to cost them some serious money.

“If you say something inappropriate to a waiter at a restaurant would they ever go to your employer to try to get you fired or get you in trouble?”

Yes.

When did it happen to you?[/quote]

I’m not an animal who says inappropriate things to people at their job. I sure saw it happen to others though. Just a social media post could get us fired. All it takes is one person to complain.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Hudbone] #8818018 03/14/23 08:19 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I am a fan of Michael Irvin and appreciate the manner in which he does his job. Both when he lined up on the field and then when he got into broadcasting. I have decried the lynch mob mentality espoused by members such as Max and lament the fact Irvin has led himself to where he now finds himself.

We can certainly agree on all of that. cheers

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818019 03/14/23 08:21 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Since the lawsuits now been refiled in Arizona I guess we’ll all see how it plays out. My moneys on the hotel chains settling long before it goes to court and him then going after the NFL and ESPN.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: ntxtrapper] #8818022 03/14/23 08:40 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

“If you say something inappropriate to a waiter at a restaurant would they ever go to your employer to try to get you fired or get you in trouble?”

Yes.

When did it happen to you?

I’m not an animal who says inappropriate things to people at their job. I sure saw it happen to others though. Just a social media post could get us fired. All it takes is one person to complain.

I can understand social media as it is completely different than a personal interaction. If someone makes an inappropriate or crude comment/joke/etc to their friend, acquaintance, random person on the street, that is completely different than posting it publicly on the internet, IMO. Everyone has said things in a private conversation they wouldn't want posted on FB or IG or Twitter. I don't think anyone should lose a job over it.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818035 03/14/23 09:08 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Her body language definitely changed midway thru the conversation, after he touched her on the arm. She became more stand-offish and had her hands/arms behind her for a bit implying she didn't want physical contact. He said something to her she didn't like, and touched her. She became more withdrawn after that seeking a way out of the encounter without being unprofessional.

Her manager was obviously PO'd about something having nothing to do with this particular encounter.

Now does that warrant all of the hoopla going on? Nope, not in the least. Is he a saint? Not even close.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Ol Thumper] #8818064 03/14/23 09:53 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Since the lawsuits now been refiled in Arizona I guess we’ll all see how it plays out. My moneys on the hotel chains settling long before it goes to court and him then going after the NFL and ESPN.

I would think Marriot will settle also, if this goes to a jury in a civil case this looks like a slam dunk for Irvin

I would love to see him go after the NFL after he gets done with Marriot....

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Roll-Tide] #8818065 03/14/23 09:53 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I guess I see the video different. Did he attack her, no.

I bet most would be offended if a male went up to their wife or daughter at work, stopped her asked if she wanted some covk inside her.

Not the sportsball fans here. They’d be honored.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DocHorton] #8818066 03/14/23 09:57 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
The way I see it....if someone attempts to ruin your reputation and possibly your livelihood, they better damn well have some serious proof. Otherwise, if I disagree with how things went down, I'm coming back at you full force. My livelihood and reputation is worth more than a few million dollars.

We are all one accusation away from having some serious issues, and doesn't matter if it's true or not. For all we know, she coulda have asked if she could come up to his room later and he said "No", and she got pissed that he turned her down and she made it up. Women lie all the time.

So she was begging for it, eh?

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DocHorton] #8818068 03/14/23 10:01 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Yes.

I can understand social media as it is completely different than a personal interaction. If someone makes an inappropriate or crude comment/joke/etc to their friend, acquaintance, random person on the street, that is completely different than posting it publicly on the internet, IMO. Everyone has said things in a private conversation they wouldn't want posted on FB or IG or Twitter. I don't think anyone should lose a job over it.

If I had been in a restaurant and asked the waitress if she has ever had a white guy inside her and she knew who I worked for, I would have been fired or severely disciplined.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818069 03/14/23 10:01 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
One thing is for certain, I don't like this he said, she said crapola. We can imagine, but we don't know what was said. Have had people make comments about me. When true, I would address them (it is what it is). When not, I would tell people to consider the source. My actions speak louder than my words. Unfortunately and to his detriment, the same thing can be said about Irvin.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DocHorton] #8818073 03/14/23 10:05 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Yes.

What about inappropriate comments in person to a lady you don’t even know? Guess it depends on how good they are at sportsball, eh?

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818079 03/14/23 10:14 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I can't speak for anyone but me but I damn sure wouldn't want Irvin anywhere near my wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother, or any other woman I cared about based on his dubious history.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: DQ Kid] #8818083 03/14/23 10:27 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
That video proves nothing. Other than there was an interaction, which Irvin initiated and he slapped himself as reported previously to corporate.

I still think Marriott pays nothing.

The burden of proof in a civil case is preponderance of evidence. Essentially greater than a 50 percent chance he said those things to her. We can prove there was an interaction. We can prove he slapped himself on the face.

I believe in civil cases, Irvins past lawsuits can be brought up as well.

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: maximus_flavius] #8818089 03/14/23 10:37 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
The way I see it....if someone attempts to ruin your reputation and possibly your livelihood, they better damn well have some serious proof. Otherwise, if I disagree with how things went down, I'm coming back at you full force. My livelihood and reputation is worth more than a few million dollars.

We are all one accusation away from having some serious issues, and doesn't matter if it's true or not. For all we know, she coulda have asked if she could come up to his room later and he said "No", and she got pissed that he turned her down and she made it up. Women lie all the time.

So she was begging for it, eh?

I don't know and neither do you. Some of you guys act like we should believe everything women say, like no woman has ever lied to get back at someone or hurt them in some way. If so, you are very naive.

Maybe he said it, maybe he didn't. Without proof I certainly am not taking what she says as the Gospel truth. Maybe she will be proven right.

Anyone here remember Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing? You believe he sexually assaulted that woman?

Re: Irvin Lawsuit Voluntarily Dismissed [Re: Hudbone] #8818092 03/14/23 10:45 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
One thing is for certain, I don't like this he said, she said crapola. We can imagine, but we don't know what was said. Have had people make comments about me. When true, I would address them (it is what it is). When not, I would tell people to consider the source. My actions speak louder than my words. Unfortunately and to his detriment, the same thing can be said about Irvin.

[Linked Image]

texas flag

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide