Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer #8811615 03/03/23 12:56 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Y'all remember Amber Rose Barnes that killed a husky last November and posted pics about how she had killed a young wolf, even after skinning it out, didn't know what she was doing. Well, she got a 6 month deferred sentence for animal cruelty.

Then there is this guy. I had not heard about him, previously. He killed two German Shepherds and skinned them out as well, thinking they were coyotes.
https://people.com/crime/hunter-accused-killing-german-shepherds-thought-coyotes/

This guy is even worse than Ms. Barnes. He killed both with a crossbow (admitted, not alleged), claiming it was a hunting accident (or his lawyer did). However, this 'hunter' then attempted to mislead authorities and is subsequently suffering several charges. From the article.

Konschak was then arrested in February, and after an investigation, the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection charged him with tampering with evidence, forgery, interfering with a law enforcement officer and other hunting violations. Danbury State's Attorney David R. Applegate said the incident was still under investigation and more charges are possible, per the AP. Activists have pushed for animal cruelty charges to be made.

I mean, this dude was using a fricking crossbow. It isn't like he misidentified a German Shepherd from a coyote at 600 yards. Nope, this was up close. And the dogs don't look like coyotes unless they have some weird looking coyotes in CT.

Proper target identification is absolutely vital. Some people apparently just can tell the difference between domestic dogs and native wolves or coyotes. Then again, apparently lots of people can't tell the difference between deer and other hunters, horses, cows, or trucks.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811639 03/03/23 01:25 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Critter identification is easy for most of us. Still…back in the 60’s I was working at Dad’s Esso Station in NE Louisiana, being in charge of pumping gas, cleaning windshields and checking the oil. In drove a car that had a goat tied across the hood. A couple of guys from South Louisiana, pure Cajuns, bragged about the Spike they had killed. When I went inside and told Dad, he said to say nothing to them. Ok. I never did find out whose goat that was.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811655 03/03/23 01:38 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Lady you can have your elk, just let me get my saddle off of it. roflmao

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811686 03/03/23 02:19 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Some people find it difficult to go hunting without finding something to shoot at.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811724 03/03/23 03:25 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Y'all remember Amber Rose Barnes that killed a husky last November and posted pics about how she had killed a young wolf, even after skinning it out, didn't know what she was doing. Well, she got a 6 month deferred sentence for animal cruelty.

Then there is this guy. I had not heard about him, previously. He killed two German Shepherds and skinned them out as well, thinking they were coyotes.
https://people.com/crime/hunter-accused-killing-german-shepherds-thought-coyotes/

This guy is even worse than Ms. Barnes. He killed both with a crossbow (admitted, not alleged), claiming it was a hunting accident (or his lawyer did). However, this 'hunter' then attempted to mislead authorities and is subsequently suffering several charges. From the article.

Konschak was then arrested in February, and after an investigation, the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection charged him with tampering with evidence, forgery, interfering with a law enforcement officer and other hunting violations. Danbury State's Attorney David R. Applegate said the incident was still under investigation and more charges are possible, per the AP. Activists have pushed for animal cruelty charges to be made.

I mean, this dude was using a fricking crossbow. It isn't like he misidentified a German Shepherd from a coyote at 600 yards. Nope, this was up close. And the dogs don't look like coyotes unless they have some weird looking coyotes in CT.

Proper target identification is absolutely vital. Some people apparently just can tell the difference between domestic dogs and native wolves or coyotes. Then again, apparently lots of people can't tell the difference between deer and other hunters, horses, cows, or trucks.

Nothing surprises me.

[Linked Image]

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811741 03/03/23 04:26 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Guess they should have kept them chained up, Lol. I guess I can potentially see how a person could confuse the two looking at the pics of those dogs.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811751 03/03/23 05:29 AM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
But were the dogs wearing a collar cause we all know that all dogs without collars should be shot on sight and shot twice if they are pitbulls.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811757 03/03/23 06:38 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811868 03/03/23 02:44 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
And the dogs don't look like coyotes unless they have some weird looking coyotes in CT.

What are you talking about? I see 4 legs, fur, and a tail, clearly a mountain lion coyote. I'm headed to that part of the country next week (Lowell, MA), I'll have a look at the local yotes...and ask around.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: angus1956] #8811884 03/03/23 03:00 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by angus1956
Lady you can have your elk, just let me get my saddle off of it. roflmao

It really does happen. Here is one example:
https://apnews.com/article/b6a1a5e1278f5ed3a8d1c19fda330c22

Another:
https://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/21/...sota-man-shoots-horse-as-girl-rides.html
Same incident, better link https://thehorse.com/130777/horse-carrying-12-year-old-rider-shot/

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8811898 03/03/23 03:19 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Every dog I’ve ever had stayed in the house or in a 20X20 X 8 welded wire kennel. If I was at home they were with me. Never had an issue. People put them in a backyard with a crappy wooden fence and then act surprised their dog got out. People who aren’t going to really take care of them, shouldn’t act like victims when something happens to their dog.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: ntxtrapper] #8812037 03/03/23 07:30 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Every dog I’ve ever had stayed in the house or in a 20X20 X 8 welded wire kennel. If I was at home they were with me. Never had an issue. People put them in a backyard with a crappy wooden fence and then act surprised their dog got out. People who aren’t going to really take care of them, shouldn’t act like victims when something happens to their dog.

Dogs, absolutely, should not get out, but it does happen.

The hunter knew he did wrong, hence the attempts as misleading the authorities. The hunter is supposed to know what s/he is trying to kill.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Texas Dan] #8812044 03/03/23 07:41 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Some people find it difficult to go hunting without finding something to shoot at.

I can think of several that I would like to shoot "at"

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: blkt2] #8812045 03/03/23 07:42 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by blkt2
But were the dogs wearing a collar cause we all know that all dogs without collars should be shot on sight and shot twice if they are pitbulls.

up elmer

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8812057 03/03/23 08:04 PM
L
Lalo Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
L
In Nebraska, two Hondurans told the game warden they had shot a vulture and planned to eat it. Game wardens opened trunk. It was a Bald Eagle.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Lalo] #8812215 03/04/23 05:02 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Lalo
In Nebraska, two Hondurans told the game warden they had shot a vulture and planned to eat it. Game wardens opened trunk. It was a Bald Eagle.

The irony here is that both are very illegal, though I believe the fines for killing the bald eagle are significantly larger.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8812237 03/04/23 11:30 AM
D
Dennis in Ft Worth Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
A little humorous (I think) pose:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Me and ol' RUGER, 74 years and still shooting.
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: ntxtrapper] #8812286 03/04/23 02:02 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W

Not everyone has dogs that are pets. Some have working dogs or hunting dogs. Cant get any work or hunting done with them if they only get to stay in the house or the kennel.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8812293 03/04/23 02:07 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger

Not everyone has dogs that are pets. Some have working dogs or hunting dogs. Cant get any work or hunting done with them if they only get to stay in the house or the kennel.

Yep.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8814738 03/08/23 07:31 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
A guide on here has a story of client from New York shooting 6 cattle thinking they were hogs because all cattle is black and white. SMH

Big Beckett!!
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Lalo] #8818183 03/15/23 01:09 AM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V

I used to hunt on Quantico Marine base over 35 years ago. You have to sign in and out with the base game wardens (MP's) and check any game you killed. Had a dude come in with a vulture he shot and swore it was a turkey. Game wardens were telling him it was a vulture and he wouldn't believe them swore up and down it was turkey and he knew what he was doing. The game wardens finally just let him take it as a turkey. After the guy left I asked them why they didn't write him up for killing a federally protected species. They thought it would be funnier to let the guy bring it home and try to cook it.

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8818278 03/15/23 06:19 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

The irony here is that both are very illegal, though I believe the fines for killing the bald eagle are significantly larger.

Correct me if I’m wrong. With bald eagles I believe the Texas state game wardens write a various state level citations and then invite Federal game officials to write their citations which may include arrest and a felony.

To be determined
Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: garyrapp55] #8818281 03/15/23 08:21 AM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
And the dogs don't look like coyotes unless they have some weird looking coyotes in CT.

What are you talking about? I see 4 legs, fur, and a tail, clearly a mountain lion coyote. I'm headed to that part of the country next week (Lowell, MA), I'll have a look at the local yotes...and ask around.

I didn't see any coyotes myself up here so I showed the pictures to some guys in the plant on the machine I was repairing. Turns out, coyotes look the same up here, just thicker coats this time of year, so I was told. I did get to see a red fox yesterday, a first for me.

Re: Husky Killer, German Shepherd Killer [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8818351 03/15/23 01:03 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Correct me if I’m wrong. With bald eagles I believe the Texas state game wardens write a various state level citations and then invite Federal game officials to write their citations which may include arrest and a felony.

I think any raptor-type bird starts at $10k (vultures, hawks, etc).

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide