Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
starting again with Ozempic #8795456 02/04/23 11:25 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
been two years and I'm fat again. long story of my fight with chronic binge eating. I'm working with a dietitian AND a therapist to find out what makes me this way.

Dietician got me a months supply of Ozempic to curb hunger urges. lots of talk about it.

start my first injection Monday.

i;ll keep you posted

i'm at 292lb today hammer

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 02/04/23 11:25 PM.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8795538 02/05/23 01:07 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I take it for Type II. It does curb your appetite some. I only take half the recommended dose because one of the side effects is it will stop you up. I also constantly have to fight with Blue Cross about paying for it. It is expensive and they try to bully you into alternative drugs. Save the thread in OT about how to get your digestive system moving again. You may need it. I like the drug but it took me a whike to tweek the dosage and get it right for me. I have not enjoyed any benefit of losing weight.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: jetdad] #8795907 02/05/23 09:11 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by jetdad
I take it for Type II. It does curb your appetite some. I only take half the recommended dose because one of the side effects is it will stop you up. I also constantly have to fight with Blue Cross about paying for it. It is expensive and they try to bully you into alternative drugs. Save the thread in OT about how to get your digestive system moving again. You may need it. I like the drug but it took me a whike to tweek the dosage and get it right for me. I have not enjoyed any benefit of losing weight.

Good stuff jetdad. I got one month's worth. I hope just enough to kill my gargantuan appetite till my body adjusts to 1500 cals a day. I'm not crazy about taking it away from a diabetic who really needs it.

Too Bad:

1. Big Pharma can't make enough
2. Big Pharma is SO greedy

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8796134 02/06/23 03:29 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Buzz, it does slow the digestive system. I have to take some slow release antacid pills to keep from getting acid reflux at night. I also can't eat after about 4:00PM or the reflux becomes problematic. If you get through a pen in a month then you are taking the 0.25 Ml (CC's) loading dose, then going to 0.50Ml once a week. I take 0.25Ml's so a pen lasts me two months. Don't worry about using it for weight loss vs diabetes. If it helps you then that's great! Both uses are about improved health.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: jetdad] #8796393 02/06/23 04:20 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Buzz, it does slow the digestive system. I have to take some slow release antacid pills to keep from getting acid reflux at night. I also can't eat after about 4:00PM or the reflux becomes problematic. If you get through a pen in a month then you are taking the 0.25 Ml (CC's) loading dose, then going to 0.50Ml once a week. I take 0.25Ml's so a pen lasts me two months. Don't worry about using it for weight loss vs diabetes. If it helps you then that's great! Both uses are about improved health.

Thanks for the tips

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8797246 02/07/23 09:33 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Good stuff jetdad. I got one month's worth. I hope just enough to kill my gargantuan appetite till my body adjusts to 1500 cals a day. I'm not crazy about taking it away from a diabetic who really needs it.

Too Bad:

Have you tried adderall or concerta?

Those will curb your appetite

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: txtrophy85] #8797544 02/08/23 04:45 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Too Bad:

Have you tried adderall or concerta?

Those will curb your appetite

Probably need Adderall anyway.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8797696 02/08/23 03:27 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Decided to wait till after the Super Bowl to start.

told you I was a mental case

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8797818 02/08/23 05:28 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Seems to me the Dr's prescribing a diabetes med just for weight loss would be in jeopardy of losing their license.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Jimbo1] #8799095 02/10/23 02:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Seems to me the Dr's prescribing a diabetes med just for weight loss would be in jeopardy of losing their license.

its FDA approved for weight loss. Its 1/3 the price to go through a mixing pharmacy vs branded Semaglutide

Ozempic is the MFG branded for Diabetes
Wegovy is the MFG branded for weight loss

exact same drug, same strength, different names and different price points

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8799207 02/10/23 04:44 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

its FDA approved for weight loss. Its 1/3 the price to go through a mixing pharmacy vs branded Semaglutide

Thanks for this info, BoBo. It's helpful, give me something to talk about with my dietitian.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8799223 02/10/23 05:21 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

THAT IS SO STUPID!!! Walk in the light and be transparent. I hate the games these companies play.

Watching this thread; I have crested 3 bills and HATE it. Working out is helping, but would like to assist as much as possible. Also have to remind myself I didn't get fat overnight; it was just easier than going the other way.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: HuntnFly67] #8799249 02/10/23 06:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67

THAT IS SO STUPID!!! Walk in the light and be transparent. I hate the games these companies play.

Watching this thread; I have crested 3 bills and HATE it. Working out is helping, but would like to assist as much as possible. Also have to remind myself I didn't get fat overnight; it was just easier than going the other way.

it is what it is in a capitalist country. You could order it overseas for cheaper(canada, india, Euro, Mexico) and maybe or maybe not get the percentage of the actual stuff.

PM sent. the different between Wegovy and mixing pharmacy is Wegovy is a pre-dosage applicator. Mixing is a Vial you pull Cc % from

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8799407 02/10/23 11:07 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Not for me, but good information just as well.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8801609 02/14/23 05:36 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Buzz, you really need to get your nutritionist to work on what your macros should be. I'm not saying my way is the right way, but I'm not hungry at all on Keto. I've realized that carbs absolutely screw my body up. We aren't all the same though -- I have a colleague who competes in cross fit competitions whose body processes carbs differently and he can't go with out them.

If you go through 3-5 days of food reduction and are still constantly feeling hungry then your macros aren't right. If you can't make it through the 3-5 days for your body to reset then that's a different problem.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8801650 02/14/23 06:22 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I've been doing the Keto thing this year too. Lost 10 lbs in January. I've been cheating a little bit this month, so, I'm just holding steady now. I haven't had a binge eating or gargantuan appetite as you describe, but I understand that it isn't easy. Good luck with your weight loss. If this dietitian isn't able to get results, don't be afraid to find a different one. Good Luck!

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8802140 02/15/23 04:03 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Got Ozempic shot Monday, so far no weird affects.

KETO, like so many of the MILLION "diets" I've been on are just that, DIETS. I'm trying to learn to eat like a normal person. Not Binge thinking I'll never eat again. Common sense stuff now.

Protein, LOTS of veggies and a bit of complex carbs. This several times a day. My dietitian has me eating about 1500 cals a day.

Fat people like me have fought it all their life. I do believe heredity causes some problems. My family was big going way back on my dad's side. But I LOVE good food, I eat too much of it. I will binge on a whole bag of chips, box of donuts. Mostly while no one is watching. Kinda like an alcoholic.

I was in food sales for about 50 years, I'm sure this didn't help.

I'm 70 now. I do want to look good but living a little longer is more important. Luckily, I'm not diabetic. My B.P. and cholesterol are under control.

Getting old hurts but I'm not ready to croak yet.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8802611 02/16/23 02:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
as someone thats has taken and knows several on it, your expectations of semaglutide as a standalone are pretty high.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8802648 02/16/23 03:07 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Buzz, I'm living off of 1000 calories a day. The medication will probably help some, but it's all mindset that drives decision making, self control, and results in the end

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8802766 02/16/23 06:39 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I agree TLew. I'm loving these "overnight oats"

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8806205 02/22/23 03:56 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
update:
started 292 last Monday, 284 yesterday.

She wants me to lose slower this time. Shes trying to get me to learn how to eat 1/3 protein. 1/3 complex carbs and all the vegetables I can eat.

I use MyFitnessPal on my phone to track each calorie.

Bad thing is, I can't pay $1000 a month on Ozempic. Hopefully Big Pharma and our wonderful government will pull their heads out of their azzes and make this more available and cheaper for the common man. Morbid Obesity (over 36% bodyfat) is not a choice as most "thin" people believe. But let's not go there please.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8806233 02/22/23 04:40 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Buzz, what dosage are you on?

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8808466 02/26/23 04:06 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Morbid Obesity (over 36% bodyfat) is not a choice as most "thin" people believe. But let's not go there please.

I wrestled with commenting on this, not wanting to come off like a jerk but at the same time, feel the need to say something if there is someone out there struggling ( or who is not struggling yet but needs to head things off at the pass so to speak). Barring legitimate medical issues (thyroid issues for instance) and medications that cause weight gain, people need to take responsibility for their habits and behaviors. No one goes to bed at a healthy weight, wakes up and is suddenly 300 lbs. It’s a gradual change. People eat too much, drink too much and exercise too little. Sure, genetics play a factor in body composition, but it’s too easy to blame obesity on “running in your family” and ignoring unhealthy and destructive habits. Lack of self control is a choice. It’s the year 2023, there is zero excuse for a person to not be educated about healthy diet choices and lifestyle. All the info you could ever want is at that touch of your finger tips.

Obesity is an epidemic plaguing this country. Practice healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle habits and teach your children and grandchildren to do the same.

Good luck to everyone struggling with their health, I pray you find an avenue that works for you.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: txtrophy85] #8808792 02/26/23 09:40 PM
P
presley Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Morbid Obesity (over 36% bodyfat) is not a choice as most "thin" people believe. But let's not go there please.

I wrestled with commenting on this, not wanting to come off like a jerk but at the same time, feel the need to say something if there is someone out there struggling ( or who is not struggling yet but needs to head things off at the pass so to speak). Barring legitimate medical issues (thyroid issues for instance) and medications that cause weight gain, people need to take responsibility for their habits and behaviors. No one goes to bed at a healthy weight, wakes up and is suddenly 300 lbs. It’s a gradual change. People eat too much, drink too much and exercise too little. Sure, genetics play a factor in body composition, but it’s too easy to blame obesity on “running in your family” and ignoring unhealthy and destructive habits. Lack of self control is a choice. It’s the year 2023, there is zero excuse for a person to not be educated about healthy diet choices and lifestyle. All the info you could ever want is at that touch of your finger tips.

Obesity is an epidemic plaguing this country. Practice healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle habits and teach your children and grandchildren to do the same.

Good luck to everyone struggling with their health, I pray you find an avenue that works for you.

Well said

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8808919 02/27/23 12:39 AM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
What is a mixing pharmacy?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread