Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807400 02/24/23 02:18 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
[Linked Image]

When people say Pitbull they're usually describing the physical characteristics of the dog, muscled build, short nose, broad head. Even though there is no specific breed of pitbull I along with everyone else refers to dogs like that as pit bulls. The dog I have now that I call a pitbull is really a mix of three different types of dogs and that was verified through DNA testing. Unless every dog on that list that is called a pitbull had a DNA test then we don't really know what they are and we just throw them in the category called pit bulls.

Now break down deaths of Americans who are murdered by the race of the murderers and after that break down the deaths of Americans killed in car crashes by the make of the vehicle that killed them. Given what you did for a living for a long time I know you have a pretty strong opinion on the part that I highlighted that is backed up by a lot of experience and I ask you if we should just shoot them on sight as well or if we should just look at every case as an individual case instead of catching everyone in the same net. Please remember the definition of prejudice. One of it's meanings is prejudging something based on appearance.

When I'm looking at that chart I see less than 400 people that have died from dog attacks in a 12-year time frame. Probably 3 times that amount have died choking on their own food in the same time frame. If you're really worried about people dying we can save nearly a million people per year if we outlaw alcohol, tobacco, the wheel, and firearms. I've often seen it quoted that doctors accidentally kill anywhere from 250,000 to 300,000 people per year by medical mistakes so maybe we should outlaw doctors at the same time.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: Stub] #8807407 02/24/23 02:23 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Yep. Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of a car, leave them in there for a few hours and see which one is happy to see you when the trunk lid is opened.

rofl So true!

Y'all made my day with this.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807426 02/24/23 02:57 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Most if not all dog problems begin as people problems. Most people that own dogs have no problems with their animals. Some people do not need to own dogs or have kids, but this does not slow them down. And of course there are some that cannot control their dogs or their kids. We have prisons for their kids, which are overflowing as we all know. Have you ever noticed that people that do not have very many earthly possessions seem to have numerous kids and numerous pets? It is like they may not have very much, but they try to make up for it in kids and pets. I wonder if there is any correlation between a pack of feral dogs and the gangs that are present in any of our large cities?

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: blkt2] #8807429 02/24/23 03:02 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by blkt2
[Linked Image]

When people say Pitbull they're usually describing the physical characteristics of the dog, muscled build, short nose, broad head. Even though there is no specific breed of pitbull I along with everyone else refers to dogs like that as pit bulls. The dog I have now that I call a pitbull is really a mix of three different types of dogs and that was verified through DNA testing. Unless every dog on that list that is called a pitbull had a DNA test then we don't really know what they are and we just throw them in the category called pit bulls.

Now break down deaths of Americans who are murdered by the race of the murderers and after that break down the deaths of Americans killed in car crashes by the make of the vehicle that killed them. Given what you did for a living for a long time I know you have a pretty strong opinion on the part that I highlighted that is backed up by a lot of experience and I ask you if we should just shoot them on sight as well or if we should just look at every case as an individual case instead of catching everyone in the same net. Please remember the definition of prejudice. One of it's meanings is prejudging something based on appearance.

When I'm looking at that chart I see less than 400 people that have died from dog attacks in a 12-year time frame. Probably 3 times that amount have died choking on their own food in the same time frame. If you're really worried about people dying we can save nearly a million people per year if we outlaw alcohol, tobacco, the wheel, and firearms. I've often seen it quoted that doctors accidentally kill anywhere from 250,000 to 300,000 people per year by medical mistakes so maybe we should outlaw doctors at the same time.

No batteries required….. troll

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: BenBob] #8807480 02/24/23 03:57 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BenBob
Most if not all dog problems begin as people problems. Most people that own dogs have no problems with their animals. Some people do not need to own dogs or have kids, but this does not slow them down. And of course there are some that cannot control their dogs or their kids. We have prisons for their kids, which are overflowing as we all know. Have you ever noticed that people that do not have very many earthly possessions seem to have numerous kids and numerous pets? It is like they may not have very much, but they try to make up for it in kids and pets. I wonder if there is any correlation between a pack of feral dogs and the gangs that are present in any of our large cities?

I think you are way way way more right than you are wrong. The packs of wild dogs are from neglect of the dogs because dogs really don't have a choice in how they're treated. The gangs are more of a cultural issue. There's just some groups if you put them together in mass they will start to divvy up into gangs even if they're killing their neighbors who they grew up with. Just something wonky about the culture. It's sort of like dogs hiking their legs on fire hydrants.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807487 02/24/23 04:04 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I don't know why you're calling me a troll. At the end of the argument I'm agreeing with almost everything that everyone else is saying. There are laws on both sides of shooting dogs. One set of laws is designed to prevent animal cruelty and the other set of laws is to protect property. My only argument is that I believe killing should be done selectively instead of indiscriminately. If you believe that selective killing is killing them all then that is up to the individual and I'm just voicing my opinion. Not every dog that wanders by is deserving of a death sentence, I know it's work but there are animals out there that are worth preserving. As animals go dogs have a special place alongside people and we have an extremely long history with them. When in doubt err on the side of preserving life even if that life is your livestock that you are protecting by killing a dog.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807553 02/24/23 05:33 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
You guys are 6 days into arguing about this, on the internet. Either pull your skirts up and duke it out in person somewhere or STFU. No wonder this forum is losing good members. dead_horse

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: garyrapp55] #8807603 02/24/23 06:34 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
You guys are 6 days into arguing about this, on the internet. Either pull your skirts up and duke it out in person somewhere or STFU. No wonder this forum is losing good members. dead_horse

Should we call the police and report that someone is forcing you to read this thread?

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807638 02/24/23 07:28 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
roflmao

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: garyrapp55] #8807685 02/24/23 09:01 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Considering how many people I've met off of this forum that I really like I would be happy to meet any of y'all for lunch one afternoon, on me. Y'all could even show up wearing a skirt and while I might rib you a little bit about wearing something like that it wouldn't bother me all that much.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: garyrapp55] #8807703 02/24/23 09:37 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Hang on a minute, are these HF or LF pit bulls we're talking about? I may need to jump in here.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: blkt2] #8807718 02/24/23 10:16 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by blkt2

When people say Pitbull they're usually describing the physical characteristics of the dog, muscled build, short nose, broad head. Even though there is no specific breed of pitbull I along with everyone else refers to dogs like that as pit bulls.

Aka….”AB Assault Dogs”

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8807775 02/24/23 11:26 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Hang on a minute, are these HF or LF pit bulls we're talking about? I may need to jump in here.

This one is lame compared to the shooting turtles thread that was on here years ago.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807791 02/24/23 11:42 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

This one is lame compared to the shooting turtles thread that was on here years ago.

That one was epic….right up there with “Cody’s Llama”… scared

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8807794 02/24/23 11:50 PM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yes, it was! I so wanna post a quote or two from that thread! roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807810 02/25/23 12:18 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I remember the guy saying turtles were a keystone species and was appalled that I was shooting them. I told him Texas is the patron state of shooting turtles in a tank. I’m pretty sure he would have killed me through my computer if he could have.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: kry226] #8807836 02/25/23 01:08 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yes, it was! I so wanna post a quote or two from that thread! roflmao

-Cody "He rapes goats"

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807839 02/25/23 01:19 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
The Shooting Turtles thread, Cody's Lama and Dustin shooting the paint cans are all classics. There was a good one about Emus as well.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807854 02/25/23 01:47 AM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
Well, this thread took an interesting turn. roflmao

I just reread the turtle thread. Classic!

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: kry226] #8807861 02/25/23 01:58 AM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by kry226
Well, this thread took an interesting turn. roflmao

I just reread the turtle thread. Classic!

Link please sir!

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807909 02/25/23 02:57 AM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: TKM] #8807961 02/25/23 05:40 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Staffordshire Terriers, Aka pit bulls.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: TKM] #8807962 02/25/23 05:46 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: ntxtrapper] #8807970 02/25/23 07:00 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Posting about alligators killing people is a much more acurate comparison than I think you intended.

Re: Hunter attacked by dogs [Re: Sneaky] #8807971 02/25/23 07:21 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Posting about alligators killing people is a much more acurate comparison than I think you intended.

I kill the alligators too. If some rabbits show up that have been bred to be killing machines, they will be next.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide