Print Thread
Wildlife Exemption #8797060 02/07/23 04:00 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
As my FIL passed away in late 2021, and his will was probated in 2022, we are now having to re-apply for the wildlife exemption on the property. He previously handled everything tax wise, so I now find myself in unfamiliar territory. The wildlife exemtion form is asking for a TPWD form to be completed with a wildlife management plan. Looking on the TPWD website, I can't find any forms titled as such. Has anybody else applied for wildlife exemption? Did you complete this form, and where did you find it?

Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797062 02/07/23 04:05 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
what county? The counties that I have done the wildlife exemption had them on the CAD website. 1-D-1 Open Space Agricultural Valuation Wildlife Management Annual Report for the year(s) xxxx

at the bottom of each page is listed PWD 888-W7000 (07/08).

do you have copies of your FIL previous years paperwork that he filed? That would be a great place to start as it should show what his plan entailed...

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797065 02/07/23 04:11 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
If need be contact your tpwd biologist for your county. They can answer all your questions and even come out and help u write a plan.

Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797069 02/07/23 04:13 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Navarro County. Yes, I do have the previous 1-d-1, but that is where I found the question. On the 1-d-1 application, it asks that we attach the appropriate TPWD management plan form. I can not find a previous management plan.

Last edited by unclebubba; 02/07/23 04:14 PM.
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797147 02/07/23 06:42 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
my management plan is done in a cover letter (of sorts) that describes what my intentions are in relation to the 1-D-1

~PMK~
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797194 02/07/23 07:52 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Here's the blank forms, in case you need to start from scratch. (I doubt the CAD personnel would even notice. How much, or if, they even look at them is open for debate.)

>Management plan form

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797392 02/08/23 12:58 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I also got that long winded form in the mail. Need to get with it.

For the past 40 years, I’ve provided a typed up document, with pictures, of my efforts and the results.

I worry about this stuff. No way I could afford to pay luxury taxes on my land.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: Dave Davidson] #8797778 02/08/23 04:51 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I also got that long winded form in the mail. Need to get with it.

For the past 40 years, I’ve provided a typed up document, with pictures, of my efforts and the results.

I worry about this stuff. No way I could afford to pay luxury taxes on my land.

I've found it much easier to get the online form, fill out from the convenience of my computer, and then can call up to use for the next year and years to follow as long as they keep using the same form. I also type up a cover letter stating what all I accomplished for the past year, including pictures and even a Google satellite image of the property with the border, areas of food plots, areas of improvements, etc. outlined ... My CAD has thanked me the past several years for making it so much easier for them since I file electronically via email with the Cover Letter and 1-D-1 in PDF format.

~PMK~
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797794 02/08/23 05:08 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
^ Great idea on the cover letter. I'll have to remember that this year. Writing a proper letter is all but a lost art. up

When I turned in my report last year, in person, the head lady snatched it out of the hands of the sweet receptionist lady, opened the envelope, and immediately started thumbing through it, like she was looking for a "gotcha". confused2 I stayed polite and asked about the letter I had received a while before that, stating that they'd try to come on the property, but the gate was locked. (Duh.) The head lady answered "We're required by the state to reevaluate all properties every three years." I wanted to say "But you don't actually ever get around to doing that, do you?" but decided it was in my best interest to stay deferent to the cranky bitch. I told them that they can call me anytime to look at the property. So far, nuthin'.

Gonna also look into filing electronically 'cause I think I'm better off the less direct interaction I have with any government agency. cool

Last edited by Creekrunner; 02/08/23 05:09 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: Creekrunner] #8797816 02/08/23 05:27 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
^ Great idea on the cover letter. I'll have to remember that this year. Writing a proper letter is all but a lost art. up

When I turned in my report last year, in person, the head lady snatched it out of the hands of the sweet receptionist lady, opened the envelope, and immediately started thumbing through it, like she was looking for a "gotcha". confused2 I stayed polite and asked about the letter I had received a while before that, stating that they'd try to come on the property, but the gate was locked. (Duh.) The head lady answered "We're required by the state to reevaluate all properties every three years." I wanted to say "But you don't actually ever get around to doing that, do you?" but decided it was in my best interest to stay deferent to the cranky bitch. I told them that they can call me anytime to look at the property. So far, nuthin'.

Gonna also look into filing electronically 'cause I think I'm better off the less direct interaction I have with any government agency. cool

What a cranky old Karen. Our Tax people are like gold. They tell my wife every year they love how she sets up everything with the pics etc.

Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8797828 02/08/23 05:42 PM
N
NGHTTRN Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Make a call to your county tax assessor. The guy I deal with in Zavala county has been great and makes the 1D1 painless.

BY Ranch, Crystal City TX. South Texas Whitetail
https://huntbyranch.com
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: Creekrunner] #8798065 02/08/23 11:04 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

don't wait too long, I think these are due into the CAD by March 1 ... it used to be by mid May and one year they sent me another letter in March asking if I planned on filing for that year, I called and found out they moved the deadline back to March eeks333 ... I got on the stick pretty quick to get taken care of.

~PMK~
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8809728 02/28/23 04:33 AM
W
woods and plainsman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Jackson Co due mid April but they get busy with tax appraisals and appreciate it to get it to them before mid March for a little time to digest. I filled the form and sent a binder with a word docx including pictures. Hoping its sufficient with the pics of dead coons, coyotes, pigs, bird houses, feeders, overgrown huisache and yaupon. They review for a week and decide if they want to visit the property. Hoping to hear soon.

Read the basic information so you're not a pain in their rump, then give the appraiser a call to get a feel for what they want. Some want a plan every year, others 3 year, others 5.

Someone else had links but here's some I saved -

Main page:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/land/private/wildlife/

Forms PWD 885-W7000 at the bottom of the page:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/land/private/agricultural_land/

How to apply
https://www.wildlifeexemption.com/how-to-apply-for-wildlife-exemption-texas/

Search for bioligist
https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/land/habitats/oak_prairie/regulatory/

Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8810694 03/01/23 07:41 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
interestingly enough, when I first converted my place over from Ag exemption to Wildlife Improvement, I contacted the TPWD Biologist for the county, he came out and walked the property giving me ideas, handed me all the forms to fill out. after I filled them all out, I sent to him to proofread and get some constructive feedback. After I made a few adjustments, I made an appointment with the CAD but upon arrival with all my paperwork filled out, I was informed that the CAD had their own forms and didn't use the TPWD forms hammer ... I went to the lobby with their forms and transferred all the data across and took back to the appraiser who seemed pleased that I got it all done so quickly.

I electronically submitted mine late January and haven't heard anything back, so I sent another email earlier today to insure they received it.

~PMK~
Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8811960 03/03/23 04:47 PM
T
texasgal Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Get in touch with Navarro's TPWD wildlife biologist, he may have a copy or if not either write one for you or help you write it. I live in Navarro Co. and the TPWD guy's here are great.

Re: Wildlife Exemption [Re: unclebubba] #8812836 03/05/23 07:01 PM
N
NGHTTRN Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
1D1 does not need to be as thorough as a TPWD management plan.

You dont have to contact a biologist.

Look up your county CAD website and they'll have the format you need to use for 1D1. Like PMK said, its not the same as the TPWD.

BY Ranch, Crystal City TX. South Texas Whitetail
https://huntbyranch.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide