Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Has THF Ever Considered a #8797277 02/07/23 10:51 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Dedicated HF forum thread for all things HF? Meaning kill pics, game management oriented, HF hunting tips, etc.etc. My thread "Things Condidered Prior To Whitetail Kill and Mental Checklist Priority Order" got me thinking. If it has been considered or even was in place previously, how did it go?????

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797347 02/08/23 12:17 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Sounds like a great idea.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797350 02/08/23 12:20 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
If they are taking requests, I have one id like to add

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797356 02/08/23 12:25 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I would support it.

Although high fence hunting tactics in Texas are not much different than low fence hunting tactics in Texas

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: txtrophy85] #8797370 02/08/23 12:32 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I would support it.

Although high fence hunting tactics in Texas are not much different than low fence hunting tactics in Texas

Reason #47, I won’t go to the thread and have to read ridiculous statements like this.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797371 02/08/23 12:33 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I bought a ranch some years back in Central Texas - was all LF.

We lived there and I decided to see how big I could grow some deer. Goal was not to sell hunts or breed - goal was to have friends and familiy a place to take a trophy buck.

So I high fenced the entire ranch - then proceeded to kill all of the native deer off of it. Took around a year and was not easy - deer get smart when they realize they are being hunted hard but we got the job done.

I then bought three two year old bucks from three different breeders and three does from three different breeders. Set up plenty of feed pens and fed protein and left the deer alone to breed.

We sold the place 4 years later and the herd was just taking off. My summary is this: it takes a lot of $$ to do this stuff with no income off of it. It takes tons of patience and work. It was fun as hell. Would do it again? in a second -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: tlk] #8797376 02/08/23 12:37 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by tlk

We lived there and I decided to see how big I could grow some deer. Goal was not to sell hunts or breed - goal was to have friends and familiy a place to take a trophy buck.

So I high fenced the entire ranch - then proceeded to kill all of the native deer off of it. Took around a year and was not easy - deer get smart when they realize they are being hunted hard but we got the job done.

I then bought three two year old bucks from three different breeders and three does from three different breeders. Set up plenty of feed pens and fed protein and left the deer alone to breed.

We sold the place 4 years later and the herd was just taking off. My summary is this: it takes a lot of $$ to do this stuff with no income off of it. It takes tons of patience and work. It was fun as hell. Would do it again? in a second -

I'd love to have the time and resources to do such a thing. That's awesome! up

[Linked Image]
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797382 02/08/23 12:48 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Would eliminate the mystery and intrigue around wondering if a deer was LF or HF killed. Full transparency...

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797386 02/08/23 12:53 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
why stop at HF?

lets do guided & unguided, private land, public land, eco-logical zone only(Hill country cant compete with panahadle), ranch size, lease price per acre etc.

obviously to define how bad [censored] you really are…

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797393 02/08/23 12:58 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
C'mon Bobo, let's keep this in the real world...

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797395 02/08/23 01:02 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yawn

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8797396 02/08/23 01:03 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
why stop at HF?

lets do guided & unguided, private land, public land, eco-logical zone only(Hill country cant compete with panahadle), ranch size, lease price per acre etc.

I’m in. You go first Bobo.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797398 02/08/23 01:05 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by DQ Kid

how is it not real world?

Ive seen it posted 1000x’s on not just WT’s but also mule deer, elk. How much did that cost? Guided or unguided?

Also why I haven't posted something I've killed in 10 years and why alot of people stop posting pics.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8797399 02/08/23 01:05 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
why stop at HF?

I’m in. You go first Bobo.

find the last animal I’ve killed posted on this forum and I’ll answer.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: kry226] #8797400 02/08/23 01:06 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by tlk

I'd love to have the time and resources to do such a thing. That's awesome! up

Did not want to sell it but we were too far from family and my business - made some good $$ from the sale but still miss that place Here it is a few years ago when it was on the market from someone else who had bought it - special place for sure - have posted this here before so if you have seen it sorry for the repeat

https://www.land.com/property/533.77-acres-in-Bell-County-Texas/7060694/

Last edited by tlk; 02/08/23 01:18 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8797404 02/08/23 01:12 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Ive seen it posted 1000x’s on not just WT’s but also mule deer, elk. How much did that cost? Guided or unguided?

Also why I haven't posted something I've killed in 10 years and why alot of people stop posting pics.

I wouldn't think to hound folks about that stuff but guess there are those that would/will. In my mind just puts all in full context and no more guessing, wondering.

Last edited by DQ Kid; 02/08/23 01:20 AM.
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797410 02/08/23 01:22 AM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
DQ, nothing wrong with posing the question but I think it would go over horribly.
For or against, it would just be too controversial and likely too one sided to get any worthwhile feedback.
You would need a full time MOD assigned to the thread.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797414 02/08/23 01:28 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I wouldn't think to hound folks about that stuff but guess there are those that would/will. In mind just puts all in full context and nore guessing, wondering.

True story, on many forums that have a large out of Texas presence, if you don't kill your deer on OTC public land, then you suck as a person and they will drag you. Private land, well that's not "real hunting". Baiting? Don't even start. High Fence? you may wake up to crosses burning in your front yard.

The hunting community as a whole has turned into a ridiculous circle jerk to make others feel good about their lack of accomplishments. People on another prominent forum are trying to drag the guy who bought the AZ mule deer tag for $725k....calling him dumb and the ever so common "has more money than sense", which is ironic, as if he has $725k to spend on a deer tag, lacking a stout trust fund, has alot of sense.

Hunting isn't and never will be a level playing field, like pretty much everything else in life.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797415 02/08/23 01:28 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

I wouldn't think to hound folks about that stuff but guess there are those that would/will. In my mind just puts all in full context and no more guessing, wondering.

I agree with DQ - keep it simple - if you are against HF then do not post - if you are ok with HF then enjoy the discussion - sides do not have to be taken - I have done both HF and LF and have no problem with either way - again ........... to each his own

You can't fix stupid
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8797417 02/08/23 01:33 AM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
I would support it.

Reason #47, I won’t go to the thread and have to read ridiculous statements like this.

Curious as to why you feel that way.

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #8797419 02/08/23 01:43 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by kwrhuntinglab
I would support it.

It is my opinion that in the majority of hf kills there are no tactics beyond selecting the buck you shoot. LF tactics, that’s pages. To state there is not much difference in the tactics is in my opinion, ridiculous. If there was a page/thread, I wouldn’t read it since to me there would be no relevance to hunting.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: txtrophy85] #8797420 02/08/23 01:43 AM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F

I wouldn't think to hound folks about that stuff but guess there are those that would/will. In mind just puts all in full context and nore guessing, wondering.

True story, on many forums that have a large out of Texas presence, if you don't kill your deer on OTC public land, then you suck as a person and they will drag you. Private land, well that's not "real hunting". Baiting? Don't even start. High Fence? you may wake up to crosses burning in your front yard.

The hunting community as a whole has turned into a ridiculous circle jerk to make others feel good about their lack of accomplishments. People on another prominent forum are trying to drag the guy who bought the AZ mule deer tag for $725k....calling him dumb and the ever so common "has more money than sense", which is ironic, as if he has $725k to spend on a deer tag, lacking a stout trust fund, has alot of sense.

Hunting isn't and never will be a level playing field, like pretty much everything else in life.

Excellent post.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8797425 02/08/23 01:52 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by kwrhuntinglab
I would support it.

It is my opinion that in the majority of hf kills there are no tactics beyond selecting the buck you shoot. LF tactics, that’s pages. To state there is not much difference in the tactics is in my opinion, ridiculous. If there was a page/thread, I wouldn’t read it since to me there would be no relevance to hunting.

you really need to go hunt some high fence places. Majority of high fenced ranches are nothing like that. the ones that are, represent a very small segment of High Fence properties.

hunting a feeder on a low fence property, is the same as hunting a feeder on a high fence property.

Take the feeder away, and the tactics would still be about the same. The Chapparal ranch is high fenced and look at how few big deer they kill there, of course there are no permanent stands or feeding locations. Lots of big, low fence ranches in Webb and Maverick county where feeding is common and you can pretty much shoot a mature buck every time out and if a 170" deer comes in you may pass on it because there are bigger out there. Height of the fence has little to do with it.

Your statement shows a lack of experience and knowledge on the subject.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: DQ Kid] #8797432 02/08/23 02:05 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
@txtrophy85, you’re absolutely right. I have zero experience shooting a captive animal.

Re: Has THF Ever Considered a [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8797439 02/08/23 02:14 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
@txtrophy85, you’re absolutely right. I have zero experience shooting a captive animal.

last HF I hunted was 14k pasture of 21k acres HF …. that was 17 years ago. Was harder then any of my leases, same tactics though not that it is relative to anyones opinion

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide