Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
The prototype at SHOT show was very limited

Only ran in 1 color palette (white hot)
Ran out of focus travel so couldn’t focus on close objects in the expo hall

IF ATN can get the product to production and it performs as advertised then they’ll have a winner.

Based on the previous generations of thermal from ATN I’d venture to say it’s a tall hurdle for them to leap….

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8791335 01/30/23 04:34 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
ATN customer service and prior products have earned the hate they get.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8791339 01/30/23 04:38 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I've never owned any ATN products, but based on thier reviews, I'll buy this sometime between never and over my dead body.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: Judd] #8791343 01/30/23 04:43 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by Judd
ATN customer service and prior products have earned the hate they get.

I know. I own an ATN 4K. I had to use their customer service. My buddy has the same product but the higher magnification version and his has been flawless on his .308 rifle. I mainly bought mine for mounting on a pellet rifle to take out the rats in my back yard at night, living in the city. I mounted it on my 450 BM upper for some testing and it worked for several rounds then lost the ability to focus at any distance. 450 BM does have a lot of recoil, but their web site clearly stated the scope is rated for it. They replaced the scope at no charge, even though it was slightly out of warranty.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: unclebubba] #8791345 01/30/23 04:46 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I've never owned any ATN products, but based on thier reviews, I'll buy this sometime between never and over my dead body.

Yep, they have had some issues for sure. But it’s always important to remember that satisfied customers don’t feel the need to speak out as much as unsatisfied customers.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8791394 01/30/23 05:55 PM
T
Tim9880 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Hopefully this will cause a price drop in 640 thermals from reputable manufacturers. That would be the best thing ATN could do. Doubt it though.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8791515 01/30/23 08:17 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GNTX

I remember when ATN showed up at SHOT with a not-fully functional X-Sight that was going to change the world. Digital Day/night vision at a fraction of the cost of regular digital day/night vision. It did. ATN gained thousands of haters.

Originally Posted by Tim9880
Hopefully this will cause a price drop in 640 thermals from reputable manufacturers. That would be the best thing ATN could do. Doubt it though.

From the article of the OP...
While some of you will read this and scream about the price, consider that this is the second-ever 1280 thermal riflescope on the civilian market, and it costs $12,500 less than the competition.

Given that the ATN isn't on the market, it isn't $12,500 less than the competition. The point here is that they can drive down the price if the product isn't actually on the market.

If ATN can make a function $5k 1280 res thermal that works well, then they will definitely drive down the price. The question is, can they do it?

Yep, they have had some issues for sure. But it’s always important to remember that satisfied customers don’t feel the need to speak out as much as unsatisfied customers.

Obviously, there are a lot of very unsatisfied customers on this forum and elsewhere. ATN stays in business by making cheap thermal and NV. They actually used to make a reasonably good product, though their CS has seemingly sucked forever.

You can go just about anywhere on the internet other than ATN sights and find a significant number of people who are dissatisfied with ATN and it is disproportionately high compared to the number of people who are dissatisfied with other brands.

I am all for getting a bargain, but is $5500 worth the risk of dealing with ATN CS? If I buy the I-Ray/I-Ray USA version or any such product, I know that Tyler at I-Ray USA/UNV will take care of me.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8791590 01/30/23 09:50 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
I am all for getting a bargain, but is $5500 worth the risk of dealing with ATN CS? If I buy the I-Ray/I-Ray USA version or any such product, I know that Tyler at I-Ray USA/UNV will take care of me.

I actually went with IRay for my thermal. Maybe you can get Tyler to answer the phone, because I can’t ever get then to return phone calls. So to me, the CS at IRay USA is non-existent at the moment.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8791857 01/31/23 04:02 AM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker

I actually went with IRay for my thermal. Maybe you can get Tyler to answer the phone, because I can’t ever get then to return phone calls. So to me, the CS at IRay USA is non-existent at the moment.

This is shocking. I obviously deal direct but sometimes when I want to talk to a tech, I call the regular customer service number "just because" and a huge amount of the time they pick up the phone and answer and have no idea who is on the other end the line before I say hello. I've had no recent customer complaints with anyone not being able to get a hold of iRay via phone or email. If it's really that bad I'd reach out to your dealer and have him get someone in service to call you. There are a lot of good companies struggling right now with service because of various issues but iRay hasn't been one of them?

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: Outdoor Legacy] #8792034 01/31/23 02:22 PM
GNTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy

This is shocking. I obviously deal direct but sometimes when I want to talk to a tech, I call the regular customer service number "just because" and a huge amount of the time they pick up the phone and answer and have no idea who is on the other end the line before I say hello. I've had no recent customer complaints with anyone not being able to get a hold of iRay via phone or email. If it's really that bad I'd reach out to your dealer and have him get someone in service to call you. There are a lot of good companies struggling right now with service because of various issues but iRay hasn't been one of them?

I bought it from you guys, so you are the dealer. And I have no problem with the excellent service and consultation you and Hans gave me when i bought it last year.

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8792058 01/31/23 02:52 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
You won't find ATN at Outdoor Legacy, and there is a very good reason for that, several I suspect.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: GNTX] #8792080 01/31/23 03:15 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker

I bought it from you guys, so you are the dealer. And I have no problem with the excellent service and consultation you and Hans gave me when i bought it last year.

Well thank you! Shoot me a message with your info or give us a call. I'll make sure someone at iRay gives you a call.

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: For all of the ATN haters out there… [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8792084 01/31/23 03:16 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
You won't find ATN at Outdoor Legacy, and there is a very good reason for that, several I suspect.

That is a 100% factual statement. In 2014 and 2015 I learned all I needed to first hand dealing their optics.

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide