ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Bongino had a good take today. Basically said this is in no way a training issue. No one in any agency would train someone to do this and no amount of additional training will fix it. Today another cop was relieved of duty over it. I suspect that the entire department will need to be purged and rebuilt from the ground up.

Actually it’s typically 1 or 2 folks in a unit that rots the rest of the apples within the unit. The others do whatever corruption/behavior is occurring several times and don’t get caught, so each time they are even worse than before. Zero chance the entire agency will be scrapped.

Possibly, but I see similarities with NOPD when the FBI got involved.

Young officers working in the hood can get the “It’s us against them” mentality which is likely what led to this. I place plenty of the blame on their first line supervisor. That person should have known what’s going on within the unit.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8791655 01/30/23 11:38 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
finally got a WHITE cop involved in the beat down roflmao

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: ntxtrapper] #8791682 01/31/23 12:12 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Bongino had a good take today. Basically said this is in no way a training issue. No one in any agency would train someone to do this and no amount of additional training will fix it. Today another cop was relieved of duty over it. I suspect that the entire department will need to be purged and rebuilt from the ground up.

Actually it’s typically 1 or 2 folks in a unit that rots the rest of the apples within the unit. The others do whatever corruption/behavior is occurring several times and don’t get caught, so each time they are even worse than before. Zero chance the entire agency will be scrapped.

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often for what seems to be worse transgressions and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: DocHorton] #8791685 01/31/23 12:15 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by DocHorton

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Same can be said for the Federal Government.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8791687 01/31/23 12:15 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
No doubt, Jimbo.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: DocHorton] #8791702 01/31/23 12:36 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases.

Anyone in law enforcement who doesn't get complained on by criminals or the families of criminals isn't doing their job.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: DocHorton] #8791820 01/31/23 03:06 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often for what seems to be worse transgressions and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Short staffed already, and having the worst time ever recruiting young people.

Young people do not want to be in law enforcement. Obama created the war on cops, and since then they have been scrutinized at every turn. Some good officers have had some major problems defending their actions they used to legitimately protect themselves from harm.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Buzzsaw] #8791966 01/31/23 12:33 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Rumor has it he is the kingpin behind the whole beat down bolt

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8791971 01/31/23 12:36 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Buzzsaw] #8791972 01/31/23 12:40 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Looks like a goofy retard

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8792006 01/31/23 01:39 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W

Very good assessment of the story. I have had the same questions myself, and believe that if the media isn’t reporting the rest of the story, it’s usually because it doesn’t fit the narrative of what they want to portray.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Buzzsaw] #8792014 01/31/23 01:57 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

Won’t be long until it’s spun that he gave all orders or coordinated the whole shindig.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Davis300] #8792017 01/31/23 02:00 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Davis300

Won’t be long until it’s spun that he gave all orders or coordinated the whole shindig.

While wearing his white hood

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8792041 01/31/23 02:33 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger

Very good assessment of the story. I have had the same questions myself, and believe that if the media isn’t reporting the rest of the story, it’s usually because it doesn’t fit the narrative of what they want to portray.

yeah, great "story" written by a guy who seems to specialize in UFO's.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: RedRanger] #8792051 01/31/23 02:46 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by RedRanger

roflmao

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Hudbone] #8792056 01/31/23 02:50 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I had to read it again…..didn’t see anything about UFO’s in it?

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Buzzsaw] #8792175 01/31/23 04:45 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by RedRanger

roflmao

Right? The media ain't happy if they can't scream "racism". From what I understand the white officer was only at the initial stop, not at the beat down.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8792180 01/31/23 04:47 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I had to read it again…..didn’t see anything about UFO’s in it?

google the author's name.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8793098 02/01/23 05:22 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I was eating at McD's for breakfast some time back. This guy in the drive-through must have had something wrong with his order because he tries to cut 90 degrees over to a parking space. Another guy is zipping through and has to slam on the brakes. Well road rage ensues. Zippy gets out of his pick up and starts pounding on the hood of the 90 degree turn guy. The 90 degree turn guy then jumps out of his car, knife in hand and goes after zippy. Zippy throws his hands sort of in the air, kicks 90 degree and then slugs him. 90 falls down and zippy jumps on top punching the guy in the head as hard as he can, 90 is pretty out of it and his face is a bloody mess. All while I'm sitting inside munching on my biscuit and sipping my morning coffee. A couple of guys ran outside and pulled zippy off 90 degrees not realizing 90 had pulled a knife on Zippy. I was sort of concerned because 90 degree, blood all over his eyes could have ended up stabbing one of the "helpers" ALL FOR WHAT? In any event a half dozen police cars pull up. The situation is explained and 90 degree gets the blame for making the bad turn and pulling the knife. 90 is loaded into an ambulance and hauled away while the cops start sort of joking with Zippy gets a pat on the back and just drives away.
I think there are a lot of angry folks out there. One snarl and the fight is on. I report, you decide. smile

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8793109 02/01/23 05:30 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Worthless article

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8794409 02/03/23 04:49 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

Not a single white guy

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8794421 02/03/23 06:17 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Memphis had an officer shot in the head today. Not a word in the news.

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: Roll-Tide] #8794543 02/03/23 03:00 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Memphis had an officer shot in the head today. Not a word in the news.

Terrible.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...ast-memphis-one-person-dead/69867493007/

From the article:

"Both the person killed and the two officers were Black, McAlister said."

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8794547 02/03/23 03:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yep, terrible it is. As someone said before, "The environment which led to that beating must be, plain & simple, mind numbing.".

Re: Memphis, Tn [Re: BigPig] #8795308 02/04/23 07:05 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Well something ought to be done. I think some kind of knockout dart or drug. Then handcuff the perp and put him in a paddy wagon.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide