Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8790604 01/29/23 06:12 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
This act in Memphis goes far beyond proper training. This is a culture that is taught and applauded within that unit. They have a trophy they pass around for the worst beating. When 5 officers all jump in on the whooping vs jumping in to help subdue the guy, that’s an issue. We had a group of officers like that in Dallas, they played a game that I wouldn’t let happen because I had criminals complaining to me about what they were doing. I decided to cover them a few times to see for myself and sure enough, they were being excessive. They no longer work for Dallas.

To think that you can train officers monthly is unrealistic, you’re lucky to be able to train them once every 2 years with everything else they are required to be trained in. It seems we have non stop training that starts every 3 months, it takes that long to run 3,000 officers through the class while offering the class 7 days a week. It’s a scheduling nightmare to make sure you have enough officers in the street to answer calls. Maybe the smaller departments can do it, I don’t know.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8790620 01/29/23 06:32 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by J.G.
How bout lowering the standards for airline pilots?

That has been done as well.

My buddy is a pilot for American Airlines and he is also an expert witness in civil cases dealing with aircraft accidents. Oddly enough he said ex-military pilots with big egos cause more problems than you would think.

There's also a good poster on YouTube that goes by the name of Mentorpilot who is outstanding and he has mentioned the problem that you did.

Recently there's also been a push in academics saying that mathematics is racist and discriminatory because certain groups aren't good at it.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8791146 01/30/23 11:59 AM
J
JimTX Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
J
That was an OUTSTANDING assessment of what is taking place within law enforcement today.

Those in leadership have made promotional or hiring decisions based upon diversity, equity and inclusion the most important factor in the decision making process. No longer is promoting or hiring based upon the "MOST QUALIFIED" for a particular job or position. The term "QUALIFIED" is used by those seeking to promote or hire based upon the flawed decision making process. If a surgeon was going to perform open heart surgery on your child, would you want a surgeon who is "qualified" or would you want a surgeon who is the "most qualified?" The answer is obvious, but that standard is no longer being applied in the promotional and hiring process across the board and it will continue to have profound effects on the overall standing and quality of life for all of us.

blkt2 is also absolutely correct. These events are helping the Federal Government's move toward a national police force. A force that is no longer responsive to the needs and wants of a local community, but rather to the Fed. Government, which will not be of a greater benefit to the citizens as a whole.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: Choctaw] #8791151 01/30/23 12:09 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Choctaw
I probably have more law enforcement experience than almost anyone else on THF. What happened in Memphis is beyond all reason and understanding. Those "officers" are nothing but criminals in uniform. They do not represent me or the people I currently work with or those in my past. They went against not only their training, department policies and state/federal laws but also against any measure of humanity. Murder is murder.

up

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8791194 01/30/23 01:26 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I've been doing this job for 28 years, at this time I'm just speechless at what to say. I'm proud to have served and lasted as long as I have and have done nothing to tarnish myself or my family. But this affects us all, we can be our own worst enemies. When you hire sub-standard people you get sub-standard officers. No amount of training will change that, it will always come down to the persons character and morals.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8791364 01/30/23 05:11 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
I talked to the main Lubbock recruiting officer several years ago (pre-COVID), and he said the largest problem they face is lack of decent candidates. I can only imagine how bad it is now. IMO the only answer is to really up the $.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8791399 01/30/23 06:03 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
I talked to the main Lubbock recruiting officer several years ago (pre-COVID), and he said the largest problem they face is lack of decent candidates. I can only imagine how bad it is now. IMO the only answer is to really up the $.

All this crazy talk about defund the police sure didn't help anything

That was just a stupid and ignorant movement

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8791420 01/30/23 06:30 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I was watching a popular talk show on social media last week and one of the participants said there was an unsubstantiated assertion that the victim was having an affair with the wife of one of those officers.

If you watch that video with the thought that this might have been a retribution for such transgressions (let’s teach that MF a lesson for messing with my wife), it does seem to make more sense. Even the, “reckless driving” assertion that wasn’t very obvious to others from local surveillance cameras could be explained from the standpoint of a bogus stop to accomplish said beat down.

I’m sure the 5 involved did not intend for the victim to die, but they sure seemed to want to inflict a lot of pain on that person for some reason.

We see many incidents on the news of gang violence that are often for a similar reason.

Just a thought.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: GNTX] #8791455 01/30/23 07:10 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by GNTX
I was watching a popular talk show on social media last week and one of the participants said there was an unsubstantiated assertion that the victim was having an affair with the wife of one of those officers.

If you watch that video with the thought that this might have been a retribution for such transgressions (let’s teach that MF a lesson for messing with my wife), it does seem to make more sense. Even the, “reckless driving” assertion that wasn’t very obvious to others from local surveillance cameras could be explained from the standpoint of a bogus stop to accomplish said beat down.

I’m sure the 5 involved did not intend for the victim to die, but they sure seemed to want to inflict a lot of pain on that person for some reason.

We see many incidents on the news of gang violence that are often for a similar reason.

Just a thought.

That would be a crazy wrinkle to this ordeal.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: GNTX] #8791460 01/30/23 07:14 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Just a thought.

OAN or Newsmax? I'm not buying that theory...

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8791461 01/30/23 07:15 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Just a thought.

That would be a crazy wrinkle to this ordeal.

Surely, that would come out in the trial, if true.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: RedRanger] #8792015 01/31/23 01:58 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Yep. I have two adult sons and neither showed any interest in following me into law enforcement. Instead they went out and got normal jobs.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: Choctaw] #8792414 01/31/23 09:37 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Yep. I have two adult sons and neither showed any interest in following me into law enforcement. Instead they went out and got normal jobs.

And I talked mine out of going that direction.

Re: From a veteran Police Officer [Re: J.G.] #8792428 01/31/23 10:06 PM
B
B1Hunter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Could not agree more with the OP! Bet we will never hear from the progressive media on the "defunding" consequences to our police forces.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide