Print Thread
Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? #8790402 01/29/23 01:38 PM
E
Erie660 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
This is my first post but it looks like theirs some good experience here. I couldn’t pass up the price on the discontinued XG50 so I got into the thermal game. I’ve watched all the reviews and videos before I bought it. I watched Outdoor Legacy review it and at the time it was the next great scope from Pulsar. I also read someone say stay away from the XG50. The scope is working ok for me and it doesn’t hinder the ability to kill some coyotes. My issue is that looking through the view finder on even base magnification it looks grainy. By this I mean it’s like your looking through a window screen or a car window that is really dusty with bigger dust spots. I’ve tried focusing and it doesn’t matter. I has another person look through it that had a XP50 and he said that it isn’t right also. I have a Helion 2 XP50 pro to compare it to and the Helion is a lot better than the scope. I’ve only had the scope for 1 month so I’m wondering if I need to send it in for possible warranty? Thanks

Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: Erie660] #8790486 01/29/23 03:42 PM
R
RHutch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I had the EXACT same issue with a new XG50. Contact Pulsar via SellMark in Mansfield. Phone numbers on their website.
They swapped me out with a new one that seems to be working as it should. I will be sighting it in today.
You could also go back to the dealer you bought it from and they could/should swap it out and they can deal with Pulsar.
I see that you’ve actually used the scope . maybe start with the dealer but you are propably going to be in warranty-land with Pulsar.

Last edited by RHutch; 01/29/23 04:00 PM.
Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: RHutch] #8790543 01/29/23 04:56 PM
E
Erie660 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Originally Posted by RHutch
I had the EXACT same issue with a new XG50. Contact Pulsar via SellMark in Mansfield. Phone numbers on their website.
They swapped me out with a new one that seems to be working as it should. I will be sighting it in today.
You could also go back to the dealer you bought it from and they could/should swap it out and they can deal with Pulsar.
I see that you’ve actually used the scope . maybe start with the dealer but you are propably going to be in warranty-land with Pulsar.

Are you saying it happened to the new XG50 that just came out or the XG50 that was discontinued like the one I have? Thanks

Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: Erie660] #8790565 01/29/23 05:21 PM
R
RHutch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Discontinued.

Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: RHutch] #8790757 01/29/23 09:46 PM
Geedubya Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Ya know the definition of an ex-spurt....

An "ex" is a has been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.

I resemble that remark!

So take this advice with a grain of.............

Do not own a Pulsar unit.

Do own two Bering Optics Thermals, Super Hogster and Super Yoter.

One of the different options on both is the on/off for Auto-Nucing.

On mine the image continually degrades until it is either manually or automatically "Nuc'd". As you mention is is almost like looking through a dirty window screen.

I keep both mine on Auto-Nuc. On the super yoter an image will come up on the upper left of the viewfinder with a countdown. When it gets to zero, the unit "Nucs" and the image comes back "clear".

You might check your optic to see whether you have an auto-nucing option and if so, whether it is activated or not.

Anywho, that is my story and I"m sticking to it!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw Blood
Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: Geedubya] #8790771 01/29/23 10:08 PM
E
Erie660 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Originally Posted by Geedubya
Ya know the definition of an ex-spurt....

An "ex" is a has been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.

I resemble that remark!

So take this advice with a grain of.............

Do not own a Pulsar unit.

Do own two Bering Optics Thermals, Super Hogster and Super Yoter.

One of the different options on both is the on/off for Auto-Nucing.

On mine the image continually degrades until it is either manually or automatically "Nuc'd". As you mention is is almost like looking through a dirty window screen.

I keep both mine on Auto-Nuc. On the super yoter an image will come up on the upper left of the viewfinder with a countdown. When it gets to zero, the unit "Nucs" and the image comes back "clear".

You might check your optic to see whether you have an auto-nucing option and if so, whether it is activated or not.

Anywho, that is my story and I"m sticking to it!

ya!

GWB

I’ve had it on auto nuc since I’ve had it.

Re: Is their something wrong with my Thermion XG50? [Re: Erie660] #8790796 01/29/23 10:51 PM
Geedubya Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted by Erie660

I’ve had it on auto nuc since I’ve had it.

10/4

It's definitely frustrating when stuff does not work as intended.

Ask me how I know!

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw Blood
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide