rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tenyearsgone
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I’m a hoarder. No problems.

You’re just the problem.

So you are blaming him because you don't keep an inventory of bullets? Because you expect manufacturers to be reliable enough to keep you in bullets when you buy just a box at a time? He is not the problem.

Re: why no bullets [Re: rickt300] #8784747 01/20/23 11:05 PM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by rickt300

You’re just the problem.

So you are blaming him because you don't keep an inventory of bullets? Because you expect manufacturers to be reliable enough to keep you in bullets when you buy just a box at a time? He is not the problem.

After Obama years, if you didn’t stock up during Trump’s early years, it’s your own fault. Shelves were full and prices were cheap.

Re: why no bullets [Re: scottfromdallas] #8784802 01/21/23 12:56 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
After Obama years, if you didn’t stock up during Trump’s early years, it’s your own fault. Shelves were full and prices were cheap.

100% correct.

2019 was a great year!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8784832 01/21/23 01:48 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I am glad we have a new bullet Manufactuing company , here in NE Texas. Some don't like mono's but they sure beat not having any. Saw a video a week or so back LEHIGH is producing nearly 400,000 per week.

Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8784851 01/21/23 02:23 AM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I’m ok for the guns I have had, but sucks not being able to get stuff for new guns. Nosler can kiss my azz.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: why no bullets [Re: J.G.] #8784873 01/21/23 03:01 AM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

100% correct.

2019 was a great year!

I stocked up on lots of stuff after the Clinton induced shortage. Of course the bullets are old school compared to todays but still shoot. Kept a lot of those in reserve.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8784954 01/21/23 10:42 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I stocked up between 2012 and 2018.

I too am part of the problem I guess.

Pass the gravy.

Re: why no bullets [Re: tenyearsgone] #8785129 01/21/23 05:04 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

You’re just the problem.

I'm also one of the problematic prepared people. And I'm trying to further prepare thus making myself more problematic.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8785230 01/21/23 08:26 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I think there’s an ant and grasshopper message in here somewhere.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: why no bullets [Re: syncerus] #8785302 01/21/23 10:56 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by syncerus
I think there’s an ant and grasshopper message in here somewhere.

Exactly!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: why no bullets [Re: rickt300] #8785653 01/22/23 04:53 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rickt300

You’re just the problem.

I have a good stock of components, but I don't hoard them. The current state of lack of reloading component availability is directly due to people like him who hoard or purchase just to resell. If people would buy only what they needed, things wouldn't be the way they are. In short, reloaders are their own worst enemy. Additionally, it's normal to expect manufacturers to be reliable, but they can't if others have adopted a "eff you, I got mine" mindset. Powders like H4350 are still a little difficult to find, but I'm not going to keep purchasing it every time I see it because according to my calculations, I have enough to last for 2-3 barrels of my 6.5 CM rifle. I leave it on the shelf for others.

Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8785723 01/22/23 07:11 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Most reloaders that keep components on hand buy in times of plenty. They have been through times of short supply in the past. They buy in bulk to get the best price. They are not buying much right now. They are not paying today’s inflated prices for short supply items. They are not panic buying. They are not scalping. They are not supporting the scalpers. They are not part of the problem.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 01/22/23 07:15 PM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: why no bullets [Re: Smokey Bear] #8785751 01/22/23 08:16 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Most reloaders that keep components on hand buy in times of plenty. They have been through times of short supply in the past. They buy in bulk to get the best price. They are not buying much right now. They are not paying today’s inflated prices for short supply items. They are not panic buying. They are not scalping. They are not supporting the scalpers. They are not part of the problem.

I don't get how people don't understand this.

Re: why no bullets [Re: unclebubba] #8785765 01/22/23 08:36 PM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Well said Smokey

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: why no bullets [Re: kmon11] #8785792 01/22/23 09:15 PM
J
jlsbassman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by kmon11
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Well said Smokey

The only thing I disagree with is somebody is buying it up. When you see a brick of primers hit the shelf, five minutes later they’re gone, even at $100 a brick. When a pound of $50 Varget gets close to the shelf it’s gone. I feel like that is the problem. Manufacturers have found it doesn’t matter what they price it at there’s going to be somebody buying it. Leave it on the shelves for a while and maybe the prices will go down.

Re: why no bullets [Re: jlsbassman] #8786256 01/23/23 12:34 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

This is true. People that buy up mass quantities to resell are generally not even re-loaders. Look at the STUPID high prices on ammo for sale in two ads that have been relisted on this site at least a half dozen times over the last THREE YEARS.

Originally Posted by jlsbassman
The only thing I disagree with is somebody is buying it up. When you see a brick of primers hit the shelf, five minutes later they’re gone, even at $100 a brick. When a pound of $50 Varget gets close to the shelf it’s gone. I feel like that is the problem. Manufacturers have found it doesn’t matter what they price it at there’s going to be somebody buying it. Leave it on the shelves for a while and maybe the prices will go down.

You could then say the manufacturer is getting more from their product by creating its own shortage. Supply chain issues are not the fault of the end customer.

Pass the gravy.

Re: why no bullets [Re: GasGuzzler] #8786309 01/23/23 02:01 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

This is true. People that buy up mass quantities to resell are generally not even re-loaders. Look at the STUPID high prices on ammo for sale in two ads that have been relisted on this site at least a half dozen times over the last THREE YEARS.

You could then say the manufacturer is getting more from their product by creating its own shortage. Supply chain issues are not the fault of the end customer.

Racial tension akin to the 1960’s, distrust and lack of support for law enforcement, combined with media and political attacks on the second amendment by the current administration manifested in millions of new gun owners. Market has out paced supply. Hornady appears to be seizing the lions share of the expanding market.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: why no bullets [Re: Smokey Bear] #8786527 01/23/23 06:13 PM
H
HenryL Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Racial tension akin to the 1960’s, distrust and lack of support for law enforcement, combined with media and political attacks on the second amendment by the current administration manifested in millions of new gun owners. Market has out paced supply. Hornady appears to be seizing the lions share of the expanding market.

Hornady 100% has placed themselves in the most favorable possible position...They already had a foot up on the competition with new plant they opened up a few years pre-pandemic ... then the crazy happened and they dropped a bunch of money and added another 20% of space to ramp up production (like an extra 30,000 SQFT). They took a gamble and spent the money and it's paying off by raining money down on them as they seize massive amounts of the market.

Mind you, it could have went the other way for them; if it ended up being a short term supply/demand issue and not a more complicated long term issue, they could have lost their a$$e$. Other manufacturers decided to sit and wait to see what happens and ended up doing nothing but watching their market share get smaller and realizing there was nothing they could do about it because ramping up takes time and money....too little, too late. I'm sure most of them are kicking themselves in the a$$ or pretending they did the right thing so that they don't wake up feeling like idiots every single day. For the time being though - they're all making good money.... but it's got to feel like a kick in the balls to realize how much more you could be making if you just showed some balls at the start of all this and took the expansion risk.

I have no doubt we will 100% continue to see the rise of Hornady as the preeminent bullet manufacturer (not that they were small before this lol) and everyone else will fight for the scraps.

Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8786573 01/23/23 07:26 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
According to announcements in the American Riflemen, Norma is building an ammo plant in Savannah, and Fiocci is building another plant in Little Rock. Capitalism at its best.

😃

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8786981 01/24/23 12:36 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Some of the newly planned factories are not just Capitalism, it's the import bans. Never been a Hornady fan boy (nothing wrong with them but as a caster and reloader I never really needed them) but if they are filling the gaps, more power to them. Like I said, the only aftermarket bullets I really ever need are for 5.56X45 and I got grosses of Hornady copies when they were less than $0.10 each. The .30-30 "hunting" bullet that is the best is made by Sierra and has been nearly impossible to find for at least five years, way before the "shortage". My Ranch Dog cast .30-30 bullet is likely just as good anyway and I stocked up on the Sierra almost ten years ago.

Pass the gravy.

Re: why no bullets [Re: GasGuzzler] #8787248 01/24/23 06:42 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

I think the hoarders buying up all the powders to sell at insane prices tend to be loaders themselves because with so many powders out there, you have to have a working knowledge of the segment to know which powders are the top. There’s what, 4 variations of 4350? I’ve seen plenty of loaders on Discord buying powder they load and selling excess.

Re: why no bullets [Re: allenintexas] #8787540 01/25/23 01:55 AM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
You know I have 2lbs of IMR4350 and 2lbs of H4350 that just sit on the shelve because I always find something I like better rather than use it. What are y’all using it in?

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: why no bullets [Re: machinist] #8787575 01/25/23 03:09 AM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by machinist
You know I have 2lbs of IMR4350 and 2lbs of H4350 that just sit on the shelve because I always find something I like better rather than use it. What are y’all using it in?

Every time I’ve used either of those in a 308 or 30-06 based cartridge I haven’t been disappointed.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: why no bullets [Re: redchevy] #8787585 01/25/23 03:36 AM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Redchevy I don’t load either of those so I guess that is why I haven’t used it.

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: why no bullets [Re: machinist] #8787857 01/25/23 06:29 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by machinist

6.5 man bun.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide