Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: ducknbass] #8786614 01/23/23 08:33 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by ducknbass
The public guide hate is funny. Everyone has an excuse, but remember if they get rid of them you’ll have to dig up a new one.

Are we as upset about influencers making money off of a public resource? Should they have a heavy price to pay as well?

All game is owned by the state. So all guides are profiting from a public resource unless you’re pen raising birds or hunting only exotics. So go ahead get anti guide with the hippie lingo of public resource singing this land is my land. Then just keep going until they come after everyone.

I'm actually not against guides or guiding on public land. Im about to go spend 4 days hunting public land with a guide.

I just think some aspects of guiding and waterfowl hunting have gotten out of control and need to get realigned to a more balanced position.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8786728 01/23/23 11:46 PM
L
louisianaman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
L
Ahhh good ole libertarians. ducknbass, should we just have no laws since they will inevitably become more draconian?

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8786809 01/24/23 01:54 AM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Only issues I have with guides on public lakes is, sometimes they kinda try to bully you. Much more so with duck guides than fishing guides. But they also get screwed over by run of the mill hunters a lot as well. So it goes both ways. The fishing guides get followed around like a stray bitch dog in heat. It’s terrible.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: claypool] #8786832 01/24/23 02:17 AM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by claypool
Only issues I have with guides on public lakes is, sometimes they kinda try to bully you. Much more so with duck guides than fishing guides. But they also get screwed over by run of the mill hunters a lot as well. So it goes both ways. The fishing guides get followed around like a stray bitch dog in heat. It’s terrible.

No one makes them take that line of work. I have no pity for either. Not all of them ,but enough think they own the water or shorelines where they build their taco stand duck blinds on PUBLIC water & then bully people who want to hunt in that area. Wish they would clamp down on it.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: BDB] #8787061 01/24/23 02:23 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by BDB
Imagine all our lakes in N Tx with outfitters/guides lining every pocket or bank with their clients.

If you have to use fake scenarios to make a point. Your point sucked. To the back of the line you go.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: louisianaman] #8787063 01/24/23 02:25 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by louisianaman
Ahhh good ole libertarians. ducknbass, should we just have no laws since they will inevitably become more draconian?

No I’m just against stupid laws. Not the good ones, if you can’t differentiate……. up

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8787139 01/24/23 03:59 PM
D
Delta Duckman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Interesting thread on the capabilities and difference of the generations of duck hunters.

In SE Louisiana hunting the Mississippi river delta with thousands of square miles of duck habitat most of it private property is leased to duck hunters here is how it has been going. Last weekend is a good example.

Our duck club (7 of us) has leases that are close to the marina, short boat rides with real nice platform blinds that are brushed up for easy hunting because we do the hard work before the season starts to have it that way. We have a boat in the marina, drive up, get in the boat, go to one if our ready to go blinds and hunt ducks. Most of the season we do real well because the ducks want to be where we are. It's not a coincidence or luck our blinds are where the ducks want to be. The ducks change their ways and when they do you have to get property leased where they want to be. It takes work and money but it is worth it.

During the season the ducks get smart and have a tendency to move out of the interior marsh into the big open water areas, where it is sort of public land, the wild wild west if you will. I happened to go to the boat launch last weekend where there was a boat picking up with three 25 to 30 year old guys who had hunted the open water area. They had 18 gadwall on the strap, impressive. They are the up and coming go getters doing the hard trips using GPS tracking devices because its not easy making 10 mile boat rides in the dark through the marsh delta. No duck blinds, just getting after it. But they do it and its not easy, the hard work pays off for them most of the time.

Happy to see the young guys in the game because they have the same desire we all have to be in this sport. And in time when we roll our of our easier hunting they will be looking to make it easier and do what we are doing now. Seems to be the way it all works.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: Sniper John] #8787167 01/24/23 04:43 PM
S
steventtu Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
S
I consider the 'stache essential gear. Something money can't buy.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: ducknbass] #8787552 01/25/23 02:12 AM
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker

No I’m just against stupid laws. Not the good ones, if you can’t differentiate……. up

Could you get on board of no waterfowl hunting past noon across the board, to include private and public land?

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8787583 01/25/23 03:32 AM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4

Could you get on board of no waterfowl hunting past noon across the board, to include private and public land?

Not just no, but hell no

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8788075 01/26/23 12:33 AM
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
How bout limiting hunting groups to 5 people?

Seeing far to many 20-30 people groups. Even saw one the other day were i lost count in the 40s. Like who the hell wants to hunt with that many people. And with groups that large no one knows who shot what and you are just party limiting which is suppose to be against the law.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8788122 01/26/23 01:34 AM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D

Seeing far to many 20-30 people groups. Even saw one the other day were i lost count in the 40s. Like who the hell wants to hunt with that many people. And with groups that large no one knows who shot what and you are just party limiting which is suppose to be against the law.

Not on private. If you want to hunt in that circus that is your choice. Several state & federal refuges already have that rule. I'm good with it.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: DUKFVR] #8788437 01/26/23 03:16 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DUKFVR

Not on private. If you want to hunt in that circus that is your choice. Several state & federal refuges already have that rule. I'm good with it.

Are you saying 20 to 30 different hunting groups? Or 20-30 people in 1 group?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8788522 01/26/23 04:50 PM
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
20-30 people in 1 hunting group should be a no go in my opinion.

Can you imagine the circus these hunts must be. Social media is full of this crap.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8788544 01/26/23 05:21 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I think they are just joining the groups for pics. Ive hunted geese numerous times out West, and Cranes. Ive never hunted in a group with more than 8.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: Sinkey] #8788779 01/26/23 09:46 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sinkey
I think they are just joining the groups for pics. Ive hunted geese numerous times out West, and Cranes. Ive never hunted in a group with more than 8.

There are some guides down here in SE Tx that routinely hunt over 10 guys on a duck shoot. Can't see how anyone would enjoy that.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8789220 01/27/23 02:52 PM
D
Delta Duckman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
A friend of mine who does not hunt much went to Arkansas two weeks ago for a duck and goose hunt. He told me when they showed up for the hunt there was 22 guys hunting together with one guide. I would have walked out, ridiculous.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8789280 01/27/23 04:05 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
So no guides on public snd big brother telling us how many we can hunt with. Wins the internet. up

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: 2flyfish4] #8789331 01/27/23 05:21 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Some of you folks were on the tit till you started puberty and it shows.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: ducknbass] #8789468 01/27/23 08:59 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BDB
Imagine all our lakes in N Tx with outfitters/guides lining every pocket or bank with their clients.

If you have to use fake scenarios to make a point. Your point sucked. To the back of the line you go.

Yes an extreme example, but who here saw the pressure to come before duck dynasty? I bet you raise your hand.

If don't understand the point I was making, which you did, but don't want to admit because you're anti law, get your a$$ to the back of the line.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: ducknbass] #8789676 01/28/23 03:15 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Some of you folks were on the tit till you started puberty and it shows.

Chill on the insults. It's only a discussion and it's the internet.

Back to the history lesson. So it was 2016 that Kansas banned commercial guides. A lot farther back than I remembered. I was wrong too in that It did include commercial fishing guides. It is only for state or state leased properties though and did not include federal. If anyone ever did the research and follow up article it would be interesting to see how and if anything really changed. It's not just guides that act that way these days.

https://www.cjonline.com/story/spor...-hunts-fishing-public-lands/16582493007/

I did have a similar encounter to one in that article with a guide on a Lake WMA that TPWD leased from the Corps of Engineers. At the access point parking lot a guide cornered me and told us we better not be hunting where he was hunting because he had clients coming to meet him there. I asked him how I am supposed to know where he was hunting. My hunting party was starting to bow up, so I got him away from them, calmed him down and worked with him so not interfere with his operation. We worked together on future hunts too, but his approach with other hunters was a ticking time bomb. He did get into a confrontation with other hunters that season at the same location jumping on other hunters the same way he initially did with us that resulted in GW intervention. Another THF member had a confrontation with the same guide as well. I figured it out when the guide told me about it and it was posted by the THF member here at the same time. The guide gave up that members great wood duck spot to me too. Probably trying to get me to hunt there instead of "his" cove.

Re: Hunting pressure this season [Re: BDB] #8789807 01/28/23 02:27 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by BDB
Originally Posted by BDB

Yes an extreme example, but who here saw the pressure to come before duck dynasty? I bet you raise your hand.

If don't understand the point I was making, which you did, but don't want to admit because you're anti law, get your a$$ to the back of the line.

If the coves fill up from dam to river I don’t care if it’s guides, Barney’s or top hands. It would suck.
If that happens id hope guys started hunting together in big bunches of 100 and leaving me and my dog a spot.
roflmao

John if I lied let me know.

Last edited by ducknbass; 01/28/23 02:29 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide