Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: Hudbone] #8770749 12/31/22 11:17 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I do know this, people want to pay for an insurance Kia and want to collect like its a Caddy.

That's likely because over the life of a policy, some of us pay in 23 times the value of the item and we never collect. My wife drives a 20 year old Yukon Denali and my GMC is a 2007. I have paid well over the value on both but I keep insurance because I have to. That is why insurance is a scam...necessary scam. Not much different than property taxes, driver licenses, vehicle registration, HOA's, etc.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: GasGuzzler] #8770760 12/31/22 11:54 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
I do know this, people want to pay for an insurance Kia and want to collect like its a Caddy.

That's likely because over the life of a policy, some of us pay in 23 times the value of the item and we never collect. My wife drives a 20 year old Yukon Denali and my GMC is a 2007. I have paid well over the value on both but I keep insurance because I have to. That is why insurance is a scam...necessary scam. Not much different than property taxes, driver licenses, vehicle registration, HOA's, etc.

Earth to Gas I, the life of a policy is one year and you pay a fraction of the value of that possession to protect it and others. Insurance is not an investment. You ain't accumulating no interest. You are renting coverage typically with an annual term. Adding up your annual costs year after year is a fool's chase and one not worth running. What's the point?

Earth to Gas II, you don't have to purchase insurance. If insurance is such a scam, don't buy it and go and tender a bond to the state. If nothing goes wrong, you'll come out way ahead. Just what could happen anyway? Put on your big boy pants and get out there. Go do it big boy. Don't be scammed. Don't allow yourself to be such a victim.

It's quite a shame that insurance gets dragged into other costs so necessary to run society. I guess just about everything would be better if there were no insurance, no property taxes, no HOA fees, no vehicle registrations and who in tarnation needs a drivers license. What were they thinking when they came up with that?

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8770766 12/31/22 12:13 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
You're making sense now. The world was fine without all that for ever. You used a naughty word. Society is an evil concept. None of those costs are necessary.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8770770 12/31/22 12:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Who needs any attempt at civilized society? Just let the savages rule. Simplistically naive.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: Greg] #8770779 12/31/22 01:09 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Greg
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
If you aren’t switching insurance agents and companies every 2 years at most, you are getting hosed.

Wrong

I get discount for being long time member, Discount for multiply policies

It’s sure good to check. One of the quotes I got the other day was for Mercury for Auto & Home. The small discount I got by keeping the same carrier for both ended up being $Me243 more than when I had him break it up to Mercury for home and Progressive for auto like the other girl did. This would have been my 4th year with Allstate for home and Auto and they didn’t really start jacking the rates until last year.

Everyone’s insurance needs are different, but it really paid for me to look. And I won’t wait 4 years next time.

Mercury is fairly new to Texas. I got a quote from them earlier in the year. House was lower and truck was higher then my rates at the time. They also cover things like plumbing and appliances if you choose those options. My agent is starting to offer them.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: Stump_jumper] #8771778 01/01/23 10:57 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
Originally Posted by Greg
Originally Posted by RedRanger
If you aren’t switching insurance agents and companies every 2 years at most, you are getting hosed.

Wrong

I get discount for being long time member, Discount for multiply policies

It’s sure good to check. One of the quotes I got the other day was for Mercury for Auto & Home. The small discount I got by keeping the same carrier for both ended up being $Me243 more than when I had him break it up to Mercury for home and Progressive for auto like the other girl did. This would have been my 4th year with Allstate for home and Auto and they didn’t really start jacking the rates until last year.

Everyone’s insurance needs are different, but it really paid for me to look. And I won’t wait 4 years next time.

Mercury is fairly new to Texas. I got a quote from them earlier in the year. House was lower and truck was higher then my rates at the time. They also cover things like plumbing and appliances if you choose those options. My agent is starting to offer them.

Mercury Homeowners is new-ish to Texas but I have written auto and commercial lines through them for 20 years. No complaints and have written my personal insurance with them.

Also regarding claims, all carriers have horror stories and most come down to the adjuster and the customer understanding exactly what the policy covers. Very few read their policy, fewer people understand and that is why your agent is important.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8771886 01/02/23 02:30 AM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Wade,
First get with insurance carrier and demand a reinspection with their G.A. (general adjuster), be sure to have your own qualified and informed contractor visit with you and inspect your damage first (same for auto and building roof). Have your contractor/body shop mgr present when the insurance carrier returns for reinspection. I agree with Hud and just must be missing something on the denial of the windshield and the spray foam and i've been handling claims for over 30 years. I am not an agent or undewriter. Good luck but overall insurance is not a scam but you have a choice.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772143 01/02/23 04:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
A client actually reviewed his policy renewals. These policies were originally secured in 2018 and and he came up with questions on various uncovered properties, types of "equipment", ATVs & golf carts, jewelry, roadside assistance and an automatic exclusion on his lovable mastiff. Just a glimpse of what it takes to really find things out. I am so glad he asked these questions.

PROPERTIES:

832 A.... is covered on a separate policy through Foremost. It is providing $1,000,000 premises liability.
There was a $1,000,000 GL Policy through UFG for the Walnut lots and some additional lots in the Estates. This cancelled for non-payment of premium several years ago. I am thinking we need to supply a new policy for the IRA properties and continue to keep it separate and especially so if speculative investment properties such as the ...... lots and new Loop property ( I never knew about that one). I will get that going.

EQUIPMENT:

Listed equipment is covered for liability and for theft, fire, collision , upset (ie: fly off a trailer) & such wherever it takes place. Your listed equipment includes and is limited to -

2016 Polaris, Ranger Crew $8,000 ACV - $250 Deductible and a 2016, Kubota Skid Steer SSV 75 $27,000 ACV - $250 Deductible

ATVS & GOLF CARTS:

Sticky wicket and how much do you want to spend? ATVs/4 Wheelers are covered as Unscheduled Personal Property (UPP) for fire & theft (not collision), but there is a $2,500 limitation. If needed, this limitation can be increased. Caveat, if the claim occurs at the ranch your $12,005 deductible will apply. Liability for these types of machines only applies on listed properties. Streets don’t qualify as a listed property. If the loss takes place off premises, your Off Premises UPP coverage is subject to a $72,300 limit.

You can secure an ATV policy (it’s a motorcycle “variant”) through Progressive. It will cover liability when being used off premises and will also provide for collision in addition to theft & fire.

Golf carts are covered as UPP for fire & theft, but not collision. There is no on premises limitation as there is w/4 wheelers. Liability for these types of machines only applies on listed properties and while used for golfing. Streets don’t qualify as a listed property. If the loss takes place off premises, your Off Premises UPP coverage is subject to a $72,300 limit.

We can provide off premises liability coverage for golf carts on your current liability policy. We would need as much descriptive info on a listed unit as possible – yr, make, model and serial #.

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE:

Your AAA is better than what we are providing. Keep that and we will delete Roadside Assistance from your policy. It’ll only net you a $30 annual savings, but is duplicitous and not necessary.

JEWELRY:

You have the following listed -

Ladies 18 kt YG diamond Engagement ring. $30,795.00
Gents 18 kt YG and Stainless Rolex Perpetual Datejust watch $11,500.00
jewelry Ladies 18 kt YG and Stainless Rolex oyster Perpetual Datejust watch. $11,000.00

Just a note – these appraisals are from December of 2018 and are now 4 years old.

People get caught off guard with the mastiff issue. The problem is they drool like a politician looking at a bag of unmarked bills. They can create quite the slip and fall issue.

We appreciate your thorough review and subsequent questions. If you come up with anything else and /or desire to see the impact of any changes, simply so advise. We remain here to help.

Hud

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772149 01/02/23 04:19 PM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Progressive seems to be the only one that will insure SxS’s without ungodly high premiums. I initially called my Allstate agent and told him what I have and what I wanted as for coverage. He came back with almost $500 a month. Progressive is about $65 a month for better coverage.

Equally as frustrating is the vintage car insurance. One policy I reviewed stated I couldn’t drive it in the rain.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772162 01/02/23 04:34 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I like Progressive for my Pro Mule DX. $106 annually full coverage w/$500,000 liability.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: 68rustbucket] #8772188 01/02/23 05:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I like Progressive for my Pro Mule DX. $106 annually full coverage w/$500,000 liability.

Not possible. Look at the policy again.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: 68rustbucket] #8772371 01/02/23 09:43 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A

Are you sure?

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772412 01/02/23 10:54 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BigPig
Progressive seems to be the only one that will insure SxS’s without ungodly high premiums. I initially called my Allstate agent and told him what I have and what I wanted as for coverage. He came back with almost $500 a month. Progressive is about $65 a month for better coverage.

Equally as frustrating is the vintage car insurance. One policy I reviewed stated I couldn’t drive it in the rain.

Hagerty for the vintage cars.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772426 01/02/23 11:22 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m sure. I do need to up my coverage on accessories since I added the custom dog box on the back.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 68rustbucket; 01/02/23 11:55 PM.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8772427 01/02/23 11:25 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I use Hagerty for the ‘68, State Farm didn’t want to do an agreed value policy.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: 68rustbucket] #8772472 01/03/23 12:31 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I’m sure. I do need to up my coverage on accessories since I added the custom dog box on the back.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That there is a keeper.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: 68rustbucket] #8772519 01/03/23 01:35 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

I use Hagerty for the ‘68, State Farm didn’t want to do an agreed value policy.

Yeah, Hagerty makes it easy.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8772605 01/03/23 02:33 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

There’s better companies. Go read the policy. I’m a pretty sure that was the company that had in the policy that if we encounter rain we are to pull over and seek shelter if possible.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772614 01/03/23 02:39 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

There’s better companies. Go read the policy. I’m a pretty sure that was the company that had in the policy that if we encounter rain we are to pull over and seek shelter if possible.

Not on mine. No restrictions on how often/far/when it can be driven.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: BigPig] #8772634 01/03/23 02:49 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

It wouldn’t matter, I don’t take the Bronco out if there’s a chance of rain.

Re: Insurance stupidity [Re: Hudbone] #8772737 01/03/23 05:21 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Not possible. Look at the policy again.

I have 3 SxS's insured with Farm Bureau. They are $83, $166, $180 per year. $250 deductible.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide