Extreme Tracker
Never send it back, just deduct it from the bill and don’t go back bolt

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738078 11/19/22 03:39 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I refuse to send food back. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738080 11/19/22 03:40 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Never sent food back, mainly out of fear from the horror stories I’ve heard about what happens if you do. I have had an item changed/removed from my bill, though. Glad it worked out for you.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738089 11/19/22 03:48 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I never send food back and I refuse to pay for it.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738129 11/19/22 04:30 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
So if you don't send food back that is not correct, you eat it and then tell them to remove it from the bill and you enjoy a free meal? Sounds like a nice scam. If you don't eat it, do you starve while your wife or GF enjoys their meal??

If the cooks are messing with food, the order taker is a piece of trash and can't listen in the first place and in on it. The cooks are busy wherever I worked.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738142 11/19/22 04:47 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I don’t care for a strip either. The bad side of a porterhouse imo.
I may have sent food back once in the last 5-10 years.

Re: Sending food back [Re: Txduckman] #8738267 11/19/22 09:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Txduckman
So if you don't send food back that is not correct, you eat it and then tell them to remove it from the bill and you enjoy a free meal? Sounds like a nice scam. If you don't eat it, do you starve while your wife or GF enjoys their meal??

If the cooks are messing with food, the order taker is a piece of trash and can't listen in the first place and in on it. The cooks are busy wherever I worked.

Ridiculous comment.

No, I know within the first few bites as to whether or not the food is cooked correctly or appealing to my taste. If I don’t like it then they can take it away. Yea, I will sit there and finish my drink. I’m not starving, will eat later.

Restaurant food is far to expensive today for me to sit there and accept a mediocre meal.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738271 11/19/22 09:45 PM
R
Ranch Dawg Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
So you really ended up with a Number One For A Cop ! 😳

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738281 11/19/22 10:14 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I will eat what I don't want to before sending it back. Not worth it to me and definitely don't want to make myself the center of attention with my dining companions.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738561 11/20/22 05:35 AM
1971snipe Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
It's a personal hard fast rule of mine, never to return food to the kitchen, ever. Receiving a wrong order, including wrong steak type, has nothing to do with the food itself. But I was once half finished with a plate of skewered grilled shrimp at Stingaree in Crystal Beach, although I had ordered grilled tuna, when the manager suddenly appeared at our table with grilled tuna in a to-go box. "You can either eat this now, or take it to go", he said. He apologized, picked up our check and also offered us free dessert. I still tipped the young waitress, and insisted to the manager I didn't intend to get her in trouble. It was really embarrassing.

Another slightly embarrassing moment, at another place, another time, was when a guy at our table argued about his glass of whisky, and the bar tender brought the bottle to our table, along with a glass. He cleaned the glass, and poured the whisky while standing at our table.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738563 11/20/22 05:43 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Meh… I don’t care, if I’m paying $55 for a steak, bring the right damn steak or else I’ll send it back. Don’t stand there and argue with me telling me it’s a ribeye when clearly it’s a strip. I knew from the second I stuck my fork in it and cut it that it wasn’t a ribeye.

The other thing that gets on my nerves is waiters that don’t write down the order then get offended when I tell them it’s wrong, which is what happened last night.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738568 11/20/22 06:31 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
A guy that works for me is the worlds pickiest eater. I have never seen anyone remotely as picky as him. Virtually everything he orders has to be customized in some way and if it isn’t right he will send it back over and over and over again. On the plus side he is super polite and a big tipper but there is no telling how much crap has been done to his food over the years.

We travel for work and eat at restaurants and usually everyone pays for their own meal. If they put up with his requests bring him what he wants he almost always tips a $20 just for himself on meals that usually aren’t that much for the meal.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738585 11/20/22 11:58 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I try at all costs not to send food back.

I do disagree on your opinion of the NY strip. A good thick cut NY strip can be as good as any ribeye or fillet. The last strips we got out of a show steer we had butchered were phenomenal. I typically prefer the tenderloin/fillet, ribeye then strip. The strip out of this steer was my favorite.

In general though my favorite steaks are.

1. Tenderloin/fillet
2. Ribeye
3. NY strip
4. Sirloin

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8738626 11/20/22 02:01 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Better path would have been to point out that it was not what you ordered but you understand mistakes happen. Once she started arguing you could have just thrown out that you are a butcher and pretty well know your cuts. If she kept arguing then just chat with the manager. You would have gotten the steak free in the end and had $55 of ammo money. Instead, you likely got a “handpicked” $55 steak with garlic butter (dandruff and mucus). Never send your food back ever. Like Kroyal, Ive seen what happens first hand. Cooks are arrogant and dont like to be called out for mistakes whether its their fault or the server.

Re: Sending food back [Re: BradyBuck] #8738627 11/20/22 02:02 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I try at all costs not to send food back.

I do disagree on your opinion of the NY strip. A good thick cut NY strip can be as good as any ribeye or fillet. The last strips we got out of a show steer we had butchered were phenomenal. I typically prefer the tenderloin/fillet, ribeye then strip. The strip out of this steer was my favorite.

In general though my favorite steaks are.

1. Tenderloin/fillet
2. Ribeye
3. NY strip
4. Sirloin

Nope smile

1. Ribeye
2. Ribeye
3. Ribeye
4. Ribeye

Re: Sending food back [Re: The Dude Abides] #8738719 11/20/22 05:06 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

Ridiculous comment.

No, I know within the first few bites as to whether or not the food is cooked correctly or appealing to my taste. If I don’t like it then they can take it away. Yea, I will sit there and finish my drink. I’m not starving, will eat later.

Restaurant food is far to expensive today for me to sit there and accept a mediocre meal.

Not rediculous at all. You order fajitas and the guy brings enchiladas, your going to want what you ordered or you are an iidiot. Stay home and cook it yourself.

I've never sent food back due to taste though. Only if it is plain wrong cause the server was a moron. 99.99% it's right though.

Few months ago we got home and the Chick Fil A sandwich didn't have a piece of chicken in it! That was hilarious.

Re: Sending food back [Re: Txduckman] #8738753 11/20/22 05:50 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Ridiculous comment.

Not rediculous at all. You order fajitas and the guy brings enchiladas, your going to want what you ordered or you are an iidiot. Stay home and cook it yourself.

I've never sent food back due to taste though. Only if it is plain wrong cause the server was a moron. 99.99% it's right though.

Few months ago we got home and the Chick Fil A sandwich didn't have a piece of chicken in it! That was hilarious.

You do you and I'll do me. Use spell check before you post. Red line below misspelled word. Makes you look just a little more intelligent.

Wrong food...

Yes, if the food is wrong it goes back and off my bill. I do NOT re-order. If they cannot follow simple instructions then they don't deserve my business.

Horrible taste...

So if the food is too salty for example you sit there and choke it down? F'k that. It goes back and off my bill. I do NOT re-order.

Good luck!

Last edited by The Dude Abides; 11/20/22 05:51 PM.

Re: Sending food back [Re: The Dude Abides] #8739913 11/22/22 06:32 AM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T

Ridiculous comment.

You do you and I'll do me. Use spell check before you post. Red line below misspelled word. Makes you look just a little more intelligent.

Wrong food...

Yes, if the food is wrong it goes back and off my bill. I do NOT re-order. If they cannot follow simple instructions then they don't deserve my business.

Horrible taste...

So if the food is too salty for example you sit there and choke it down? F'k that. It goes back and off my bill. I do NOT re-order.

Good luck!

Thank you for that spelling tip. Hate to disappoint a random stranger on the internet. cowboy

Re: Sending food back [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8739973 11/22/22 01:50 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Spit is the special ingredient.

In law enforcement we're used to all kinds of special sauces accompanying our food.

Re: Sending food back [Re: Choctaw] #8739981 11/22/22 02:01 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Spit is the special ingredient.

In law enforcement we're used to all kinds of special sauces accompanying our food.

sadly these days police are much like lawyers, people hate them till they need one. much respect for Law men.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8739996 11/22/22 02:22 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Big pig done bankrupt a Rockwall landmark with his steak return!

Re: Sending food back [Re: ducknbass] #8740033 11/22/22 03:01 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Boots burger ftw.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Sending food back [Re: BigPig] #8740053 11/22/22 03:18 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Giant meh on boots. The most overrated thing in the county.

Re: Sending food back [Re: ducknbass] #8740111 11/22/22 04:36 PM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Sending food back [Re: ducknbass] #8740113 11/22/22 04:37 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Giant meh on boots. The most overrated thing in the county.

you shut your filthy pie hole! wife

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide