Forums46
Topics537,994
Posts9,731,542
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop #8738828 11/20/22 08:36 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738892 11/20/22 10:38 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
It seems that the standards for acceptance into the Dallas police department might have been lowered a tad…. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738903 11/20/22 11:11 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Don’t talk bad about the Po Po on here regardless of what they do or you’ll hurt a few peoples feelings.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738939 11/21/22 12:05 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
He’s already been terminated, as he should be. You know you really [censored] up when the chief comes in on a Saturday to terminate you.

This is why I don’t drink in public, or around other cops, and don’t mess with another man’s girl. Pretty simple to me.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738953 11/21/22 12:34 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
A Policemen's worst enemy a bad Cop, glad this one is gone.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738957 11/21/22 12:39 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Should have kept his bullet in his pocket.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8738969 11/21/22 12:52 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Not the first time and sure won't be the last time that alcohol use ruined a police career. I have always found it interesting though, that if the guy had been employed in almost any other career, he wouldn't be fired right now and it wouldn't be in the news. Life in the fishbowl.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8738975 11/21/22 01:05 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Not the first time and sure won't be the last time that alcohol use ruined a police career. I have always found it interesting though, that if the guy had been employed in almost any other career, he wouldn't be fired right now and it wouldn't be in the news. Life in the fishbowl.

City Manager?
Judge?
Dist. attorney?
City Council?

I believe pretty much anyone on the tax payer dollars would be in the news in this scenario.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: Superduty] #8738987 11/21/22 01:20 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Superduty

City Manager?
Judge?
Dist. attorney?
City Council?

I believe pretty much anyone on the tax payer dollars would be in the news in this scenario.

Most of those except for a city manager are elected so good luck firing them. For that list news, most likely, which is why I said "Almost". The water department, equipment services, streets, library, parks ect ect employees are paid by tax dollars too. They do stuff like this and it sure doesn't make the news. Just an observation....

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8738990 11/21/22 01:25 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You feel that one employee holding a gun to a coworker’s head in an Uber wouldn’t result in firing said employee in any other industry?

I would’ve been fired immediately, no questions asked, at 100% of the jobs I’ve held for this exact thing.

Should he have kept his employment after being arrested? I’m not sure I follow what you’re trying to say here.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8739000 11/21/22 01:46 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

You feel that one employee holding a gun to a coworker’s head in an Uber wouldn’t result in firing said employee in any other industry?

I would’ve been fired immediately, no questions asked, at 100% of the jobs I’ve held for this exact thing.

Should he have kept his employment after being arrested? I’m not sure I follow what you’re trying to say here.

Absolutely not. He should be fired immediately which he was. Folks get arrested for all kinds of offenses and their employer doesn't even know they were arrested if they keep their mouth shut about it. It's just an observation about employers not conducting criminal background checks after the employment process. Cops have to live their lives like being in a fishbowl because of the continuing checks that take place. Ours was once a year but I would rather see it every quarter so nothing gets missed.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8739004 11/21/22 01:54 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
We had a guy get a DWI in another state and he never told them he was an officer. He bonded out and came back like nothing happened. He went back there to court 6 months later and got probation. He lasted 2 more years until it finally got caught in a check and when they called him down he promptly retired. He should have never made it that long.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8739008 11/21/22 01:56 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I can assure you it ain’t just cops. Hell, if I get more than 3 moving violations in 3 years, I’ll get fired. And they don’t have to look it up. They’ll be notified.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8739011 11/21/22 01:59 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
FD & PD are held to a different (higher) standard than other government positions/professions. It is what it is.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: The Dude Abides] #8739017 11/21/22 02:10 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
FD & PD are held to a different (higher) standard than other government positions/professions. It is what it is.

As they should be. I was just surprised at the number of times I found out some guy still had their job after being arrested for shooting someone in an offense.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8739025 11/21/22 02:23 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Absolutely not. He should be fired immediately which he was. Folks get arrested for all kinds of offenses and their employer doesn't even know they were arrested if they keep their mouth shut about it. It's just an observation about employers not conducting criminal background checks after the employment process. Cops have to live their lives like being in a fishbowl because of the continuing checks that take place. Ours was once a year but I would rather see it every quarter so nothing gets missed.

In no way did your post come off that way, but I appreciate the clarification. Cops get arrested by cops. They’re responsible for enforcing the law. It’s not unreasonable to think that law enforcement officers who break the law, especially a firearm offense against another officer, is going to make the news.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8739032 11/21/22 02:30 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We had a guy get a DWI in another state and he never told them he was an officer. He bonded out and came back like nothing happened. He went back there to court 6 months later and got probation. He lasted 2 more years until it finally got caught in a check and when they called him down he promptly retired. He should have never made it that long.

I just don’t think this example supports your original gripe. That happens at private companies all the time, too. Public sector employees, especially law enforcement, are and should be under a microscope. And two years isn’t exactly a good example. That’s a long time to be living in a “fishbowl.”

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8739041 11/21/22 02:48 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

I just don’t think this example supports your original gripe. That happens at private companies all the time, too. Public sector employees, especially law enforcement, are and should be under a microscope. And two years isn’t exactly a good example. That’s a long time to be living in a “fishbowl.”

That was supposed to be a bad example rather than the rule.

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8739043 11/21/22 02:49 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

City Manager?
Judge?
Dist. attorney?
City Council?

Most of those except for a city manager are elected so good luck firing them. For that list news, most likely, which is why I said "Almost". The water department, equipment services, streets, library, parks ect ect employees are paid by tax dollars too. They do stuff like this and it sure doesn't make the news. Just an observation....

Those other departments are not entrusted with near as much lives and personal property of the citizens as Police and Fire are. The level of standards of trust in us must be maintained.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: ntxtrapper] #8739047 11/21/22 02:52 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Our DLs and criminal history are checked quarterly. Standing orders to notify your immediate supervisor, upon returning to duty if you were arrested.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: Ol Thumper] #8739087 11/21/22 03:40 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Don’t talk bad about the Po Po on here regardless of what they do or you’ll hurt a few peoples feelings.

You still butt hurt over that stupid comment you made over the recruits getting run over while running on the road?

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: J.G.] #8739114 11/21/22 04:18 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by J.G.

City Manager?
Judge?
Dist. attorney?
City Council?

Those other departments are not entrusted with near as much lives and personal property of the citizens as Police and Fire are. The level of standards of trust in us must be maintained.

Exactly. I get that police have a tough job, but I’m failing to see the comparison to a private finance person here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: GusWayne] #8739115 11/21/22 04:19 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by procraft05
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

You still butt hurt over that stupid comment you made over the recruits getting run over while running on the road?

He should be.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: NORML as can be] #8739129 11/21/22 04:44 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Another woman? Never fails

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Dallas police officer arrested for shooting at another cop [Re: Buzzsaw] #8739137 11/21/22 05:12 AM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Another woman? Never fails

if its got tits or wheels, its gonna give ya problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide