Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,039
Posts9,719,701
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. #8733947 11/14/22 05:20 PM
shooterwalter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me.

I am in north Kaufman County and second year for CWD Protocols.

Never saw any information about results from last year. Were there any results or findings?

From what I see it just drives people to not hunt like me to old to skin, de-head and quarter leaving spinal cord and hide at kill location. Butcher can only take quarters and he used to skin and do all.

Next what I see is lots of people just taking deer home and processing at home.

Next I think this is driving the underground butchers to have a business.

Next where to those heads, hides and spinal cords go for the home under ground butcher and if it makes a difference.

Just this old man's observations and thoughts.

Happy hunting

Last edited by shooterwalter; 11/14/22 05:22 PM.

www.poetryshootingclub.com

Gun Dog Training, Flighty Quail

Guided/Unguided Quail Hunting

Group Events/Parties

700 Yard Range

CLOSE TO DALLAS

Take a youth shooting

214-728-2755

By appointment always and you shoot in private.

Re: CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. [Re: shooterwalter] #8734084 11/14/22 07:37 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
My personal and professional opinion are they are dumb, accomplish nothing positive and create fear and doubt in the uninformed hunting public.

Big thumbs down to TPWD and their handling of CWD

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. [Re: shooterwalter] #8734295 11/14/22 11:22 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Originally Posted by shooterwalter

From what I see it just drives people to not hunt like me to old to skin, de-head and quarter leaving spinal cord and hide at kill location.

Damn I hope I never get that old. Last year I did a DIY spot and stalk for black bear in CO and brought it out by myself. The year before I took a buck on public land at Lake Meredith and quartered/field prepped it and packed the entire buck out in one load a distance of 3.2 miles. Last month I stalked down a big pronghorn buck in CO and quartered/field prepped it and hauled it out to my truck on my back and I'll be 60 this year.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. [Re: shooterwalter] #8734727 11/15/22 02:25 PM
D
doggit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
pretty much like forcing people to wear a mask. I personally think, and I'm no expert. that buzzards and mexican eagles can spread it from eating an infected deer then flying over and crapping in your water trough like they like to do. But don't hear anything about that transmission vector because they can't control the skies. And everyone would be shooting them on site.

Re: CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. [Re: txtrophy85] #8734832 11/15/22 04:16 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
My personal and professional opinion are they are dumb, accomplish nothing positive and create fear and doubt in the uninformed hunting public.

Big thumbs down to TPWD and their handling of CWD

This x100

TPWD has completely screwed the pooch with their MIS-handling of CWD....all in an effort to destroy the deer breeding industry (which they basically have). Ironically, it's the deer breeders that might save the day, because several of them are now seriously focused on breeding CWD resistant strains of deer.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: CWD Zone and Protocols? Doing any good?? Any bad?? Seems like a big dud burger to me. [Re: shooterwalter] #8735687 11/16/22 04:00 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
TPWD employees have to have something to do. Nothing ever changes much---opening date is the same, ending date is the same, and bag limit is the same, etc. If they did not chase their tail once in a while like they are doing with this CWD, they would be at the coffee shop all morning.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide