Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: 603Country] #8699718 10/01/22 06:48 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 603Country
A year or so ago I went to Burger King for a chicken sandwich. Nobody in the place eating and apparently nobody working. I stood there a while, never saw a human, and then left. Sent a nasty (honest) email to their headquarters. Told them they had spent a lot of money putting in the new BK, and it was not going to survive at this level of ‘nobody home’. They listened. Next time in there, service was top notch.

Every now and then I crave a BK Original Chicken Sandwich. You guys can verbally torture me, but the craving will probably never die.

Haven’t had one forever, used to be a favorite of mine.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: 68rustbucket] #8699730 10/01/22 07:16 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by 603Country
A year or so ago I went to Burger King for a chicken sandwich. Nobody in the place eating and apparently nobody working. I stood there a while, never saw a human, and then left. Sent a nasty (honest) email to their headquarters. Told them they had spent a lot of money putting in the new BK, and it was not going to survive at this level of ‘nobody home’. They listened. Next time in there, service was top notch.

Every now and then I crave a BK Original Chicken Sandwich. You guys can verbally torture me, but the craving will probably never die.

Haven’t had one forever, used to be a favorite of mine.

I remember when the Whopper was good. Always enjoyed the smell outside when they were cooking fresh. Haven't been in years. Fast food is so expensive now for what you get and how you're treated, it's better just to go to an actual restaurant.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: Hudbone] #8699749 10/01/22 08:01 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Hudbone
When they kill off all the Mom and pop stores there will be no customer service.

I seem to always agree with Hud.
Declining customer service used to bother me but now it seems Ive just adjusted my expectations. I would rather do that then go through life frustrated and complaining. It probably has to do with being retired now and just not being in a constant rush all the time.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8699881 10/02/22 01:00 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Again, today at Lowe’s, buying exterior sheating, they had the isle with all the carts closed off because they had a forklift on that isle. The employees were stacking 2x4’s by hand. I asked for a cart, they told me to wait. I moved the barrier and got the cart I needed and went about my way. Loaded 10 sheets alone, proceeded to checkout where the lady couldn’t figure out how to ring them up. She asked the same guys, still counting 2x4’s, and they just looked and turned around.

They were so kind as to stand inside and watch me load the sheets by myself until another customer offered to help. Home Depot isn’t any better. God forbid you need something from the tool zone that’s behind a cage.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8699922 10/02/22 01:58 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Do you really want someone who doesn’t know what they are doing fixing up your cowboy hat for you? It’s not a cheeseburger anyone can put together a burger it’s a hat that requires steam and know how and experience to make it look right.

I needed in the locked case. I’ll shape it myself.
now that’s completely understandable. How could a manager on duty or someone there not have access to the key?

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8699931 10/02/22 02:14 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
^ No different than the ammo case at Walmart.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: The Dude Abides] #8699937 10/02/22 02:18 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
^ No different than the ammo case at Walmart.

Last time I bought ammo at WM, I had to go to the sewing section to find anyone and had to wait for the key holder to come open the damn case. Then they took it back to the sewing section to check me out!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8699946 10/02/22 02:33 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
It’s been dead for a decade or more

I remember calling direct tv 15 years ago

I cannot understand middle eastern over the phone, my brain just don’t sieve

Tones are too deep and fast, I got passed around 3 or 4 times

Cancelled that S

Idk what we have know, wife handles it.

I quit

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700001 10/02/22 10:15 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
You guys are pretty much talking about chain stores. Most expect the best selection, cheapest price and top notch customer service. Seldom does it work that way.

Lowes and Home Depot used selection and pricing to pretty much destroy local building supply dealers and here is where you find yourselves.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: Davis300] #8700140 10/02/22 04:49 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
When I experienced this exact same issue at B of A, I politely step out of line and ask the other agents to assist. When they refuse I ask for manager and then when they still refuse to open another line and help, I get vocal for all to hear about piss poor service, lack of attention, over paid staff standing around, immediately request full cash withdrawal of my multiple accounts and tell them I will tell everyone I know they should move banks and avoid this location. And I have done just that. Same at grocery stores, Academy about asking for addtional check out clerks when the only one open line is backed up and other employers clearly standing around including mgr. Most of the time they open right up another line. If not, I give the mgr my .02 drop merchandise at his feet and walk out. I don't curse but do get my point across so maybe the next customer has a better experience.

I was at a Chuey's early for dinner with wife. Mgr was at hostess stand having employee meeting, hostess could not even get us around them to sit us. I stopped, asked mgr to step aside and suggested he take his staff to back of house for his meetings, pay attention to paying guests which he never he noticed we were standing right beside him trying to be seated. I've seen mgr's bless out their employees in public...

Geez, customer service is just generally aweful. I do go out of my way to award good customer service and will tell management about certain good wait staff.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700265 10/02/22 09:44 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
my favorite is "Virtual Assistant" - really?

my next favorite is how these companies hide their phone numbers on their websites - if you do find a number and call they try to direct you to their website -

That is all of the downside to poor customer service nowdays

The upside is that if you are in business for yourself and provide excellent customer service then you will thrive -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: tlk] #8700270 10/02/22 09:48 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by tlk
my favorite is "Virtual Assistant" - really?

my next favorite is how these companies hide their phone numbers on their websites - if you do find a number and call they try to direct you to their website -

That is all of the downside to poor customer service nowdays

The upside is that if you are in business for yourself and provide excellent customer service then you will thrive -

I find those virtual assistant popups super annoying.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: TLew] #8700346 10/02/22 11:17 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TLew
If y’all want a bank with customer service, there’s a reason why I’ve been with Plainscapital for over 2 decades. Not a lot of branches outside of Lubbock but they have them scattered

I have had my business accounts at plains for 15 years. No real complaints but they have a ton of turnover. I think I have had six different bankers. A few of them that are no longer there I am friends with and they all say it is a bad place to work.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700352 10/02/22 11:23 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
One of the worst experiences for me was a stay at a Fairfield inn. I had five rooms for 2 weeks. Didn’t get any special weekly discount rate I was paying full regular price each day for all five rooms. They came and cleaned our rooms one time the entire two weeks we were there and that was at 7pm while I was in the room trying to relax. It was a shame. Brand new hotel that was really nice but horrible management. I think we were paying over $200 per night per room.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700397 10/03/22 12:19 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I think "housekeeping" and janitors have gotten away with the most with the Covid excuse. And they're not gonna want to go back to doing things the way they used to be.

My father-in-law died at an in-patient hospice facility in the San Antonio Medical Center this past February. It was nice and the nursing and physician staff was excellent. My only problem with the place was that there were several nice sitting areas out in the lobby, but no, no, no, you can't sit there 'cause of Covid. (Signs all over the chairs and couches.) With family coming in and out, you need an area, away from the dying family member, to sometimes sit and talk. I saw the janitor when he came through the rooms once. Surly little sumbitch. And, it was quietly announced that Covid isn't spread over inanimate surfaces. realmad

Last edited by Creekrunner; 10/03/22 12:24 AM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8700645 10/03/22 11:12 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by Stub
Customer service went to hell in a handbasket when these countries started answering the customer support/help calls from our country bang

[Linked Image]

That’s putting blame in the wrong place. Went to hell when USA corporations started moving call centers offshore.

You are correct! The blame should be directed at our US Corps moving them offshore!

Back to my point about what makes it terrible customer service is the people in other countries answering the phones especially the ones in the south Asia region that speak very poor English and have terrible listening skills!

texas flag

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700661 10/03/22 11:41 AM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I called CS to cancel a virus protection subscription for my phone. I had a malicious app that i found on my own without the help of the virus protection. I got Brenda in India and eventually I had to hang up because of her heavy accent and background noise. I told her I needed someone that spoke English. Called back later and got Joe in India but his accent was not as bad as Brenda's. I hate calling CS for almost any company because just getting through to talk to a live person is a PIA.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: angus1956] #8700687 10/03/22 12:29 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by angus1956
Stopped at Chicken Express in Sherman Wednesday for a quick lunch ordered the 2 piece Chicken tender meal it was $7.45. Asked the kid for my drink cup he said the 2 piece Chicken tender meal does not come with a drink? He said a drink was $2.00, I said I'm not paying almost $10.00 for 2 Chicken tenders a side and a drink. I got my money back and we parted ways.
That's just crazy.

Stopped at Bush's Chicken in Hamilton on Friday, 2 four piece tenders, fries, and a biscuit, no drinks, $20. FJB.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700717 10/03/22 01:14 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
If you want really bad customer service to the the Baylor Scott and White ER in McKinney.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700727 10/03/22 01:26 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I hate it when you can't speak to someone. You have to communicate with a computer.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: jetdad] #8700731 10/03/22 01:32 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by jetdad
I hate it when you can't speak to someone. You have to communicate with a computer.

And when you do get connected with a live person, they ask the same damn questions you just answered!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: Jimbo1] #8700738 10/03/22 01:40 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by jetdad

And when you do get connected with a live person, they ask the same damn questions you just answered!

86-year-old mother-in-law is a recent widow, so of course, there's a lot going on you have to call about. Someone has to be on every call with her 'cause she has no idea when she's talking to a computer. Funny and sad at the same time.

Last edited by Creekrunner; 10/03/22 01:46 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700745 10/03/22 01:46 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I can't stand it. Fighting a tar baby comes to mind when they force you to do it.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: BigPig] #8700760 10/03/22 02:21 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
All of the complaints about customer service at fast food restaurants are hilarious. If you're spending less than $10 on a meal, you might want to temper your expectations.

Re: Customer service is dead [Re: Gringo Bling] #8700774 10/03/22 02:31 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
All of the complaints about customer service at fast food restaurants are hilarious. If you're spending less than $10 on a meal, you might want to temper your expectations.

I see your point. However it wasn’t that way two years ago. This is a direct reflection on labor supply imo. Supply decreases, Hourly price goes up, service decreases because these businesses just need a warm body.
My question is where did every low wage, young worker go in two years?. They didn’t retire obviously.

On another note, I knew a guy that that always made the same comment when getting bad service at any restaurant/bar….”it’s ok, if they were smart they wouldn’t work here.”

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide