Print Thread
I remember the thread about this one #8693773 09/23/22 10:31 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: ntxtrapper] #8693781 09/23/22 10:54 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I saw this on the news this morning. Defense for the policeman saying evidence over whelming supporting not guilty plea, the other side saying evidence overwhelming evidence that justice was not served accusing the all White jury of racism for the not guilty verdict.

Obviously the officer body cam video showed he acted appropriately so did the Wolfe city police department fire the officer a couple of days after the shooting?

texas flag

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: ntxtrapper] #8693792 09/23/22 11:29 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
This was one really flew under the radar, I heard that it was going to trial but hadn’t heard that it had started yet and it appears it was a real quick trial. I’m sure he is far from being done with this as the article said they are going to look at Federal charges and then there will be the lawsuit from the family.

Yes he was fired by the city a couple of days after the shooting.

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: ntxtrapper] #8693796 09/23/22 11:34 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
OJ was found innocent as well, Jury trails are not perfect

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: ntxtrapper] #8693801 09/23/22 11:39 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Federal? How can they try him on the same charges? Double jeopardy?

Make America Great Again

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: RedRanger] #8693806 09/23/22 11:45 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by RedRanger

The jurors are not chosen by one side. Both defense and prosecution participate in the selection process.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: Tbar] #8693809 09/23/22 11:50 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Tbar
Federal? How can they try him on the same charges? Double jeopardy?

A person can be charged by the state and federally. Double jeopardy doesn’t apply. Zero chance he’s going to get a fed case anyway.

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: pegasaurus] #8693816 09/23/22 12:03 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by RedRanger

The jurors are not chosen by one side. Both defense and prosecution participate in the selection process.

Really?

Come one dude that is pretty much common knowledge

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: ntxtrapper] #8693819 09/23/22 12:13 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
He was found not guilty so did the Wolfe City police Dept fire the officer to appease a certain group confused2

https://eparisextra.com/crime/breaking-shaun-lucas-fired-from-wolfe-city-police-department/

BREAKING: Shaun Lucas fired from Wolfe City Police Department

2 years ago Amanda Cutshall

Shaun Lucas, the now-former officer charged with the murder of Jonathan Price has been fired from the police department.

The following statement was just released by Wolfe City officials:

“On October 3, 2020, former Wolfe City Police Officer Shaun Lucas was engaged in an officer-involved shooting which resulted in the death of Wolfe City resident Jonathan Price.
At all times, the City and its police department have fully cooperated with the criminal investigation by the Texas Rangers and the Hunt County District Attorney of Mr. Lucas’s actions.
That investigation resulted in the arrest of Mr. Lucas who has been charged with the murder of Mr. Price. Contemporaneous with the criminal investigation and because Mr. Lucas is a certified peace officer, the City was required to conduct an administrative investigation of Mr. Lucas’s misconduct.

Earlier today Mr. Lucas was terminated for his egregious violation of the City’s and police department’s policies.
As the Mayor and Council of Wolfe City, we want to extend our gratitude that the gatherings in support of Mr. Price and his family have remained peaceful. Wolfe City is a tight-knit community, and we join you in mourning Jonathan’s death and the events of the last week. We also ask that you remember our City employees, many of whom worked with both Mr. Price and Mr. Lucas as we eventually begin the work of healing our town and the community at large.”

texas flag

Re: I remember the thread about this one [Re: Stub] #8693825 09/23/22 12:18 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Stub
He was found not guilty so did the Wolfe City police Dept fire the officer to appease a certain group confused2

https://eparisextra.com/crime/breaking-shaun-lucas-fired-from-wolfe-city-police-department/

BREAKING: Shaun Lucas fired from Wolfe City Police Department

2 years ago Amanda Cutshall

Shaun Lucas, the now-former officer charged with the murder of Jonathan Price has been fired from the police department.

The following statement was just released by Wolfe City officials:

“On October 3, 2020, former Wolfe City Police Officer Shaun Lucas was engaged in an officer-involved shooting which resulted in the death of Wolfe City resident Jonathan Price.
At all times, the City and its police department have fully cooperated with the criminal investigation by the Texas Rangers and the Hunt County District Attorney of Mr. Lucas’s actions.
That investigation resulted in the arrest of Mr. Lucas who has been charged with the murder of Mr. Price. Contemporaneous with the criminal investigation and because Mr. Lucas is a certified peace officer, the City was required to conduct an administrative investigation of Mr. Lucas’s misconduct.

Earlier today Mr. Lucas was terminated for his egregious violation of the City’s and police department’s policies.
As the Mayor and Council of Wolfe City, we want to extend our gratitude that the gatherings in support of Mr. Price and his family have remained peaceful. Wolfe City is a tight-knit community, and we join you in mourning Jonathan’s death and the events of the last week. We also ask that you remember our City employees, many of whom worked with both Mr. Price and Mr. Lucas as we eventually begin the work of healing our town and the community at large.”

BLM came out and said they will not be rioting on this case because the deceased openly expressed his disgust of BLM. Again, it’s not the actual lives that matter

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide