texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Neil12w, Muff, Byron Head, eatsleephunt55, mike rig
70396 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,618
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 63,923
stxranchman 59,968
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics613,140
Posts11,371,590
Members85,396
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Processing Frisco/Plano area #8680700 09/04/22 03:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
Starting to look for a good deer processor in my area. The Outpost quit doing it, so looking for one fairly close to me.
Frisco, Plano, North Dallas??


SPACE FOR RENT


Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680708 09/04/22 03:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4,733
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4,733
Never used them but

https://www.yeolebutchershop.com/game-processing

I’ve found most in the area will only process a skinned deer. Very few will let you drop off a gutted deer.

Last edited by scottfromdallas; 09/04/22 03:15 PM.



Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680720 09/04/22 03:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,219
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,219
Hirsch in Plano
Hunters choice in Sanger
Kuby's in Dallas.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680805 09/04/22 05:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
i would take it quartered

thanks

now i just need to find a hunt confused2


SPACE FOR RENT


Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680836 09/04/22 06:34 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
D
Daniel Boone Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
I know it is a little bit of a drive for you but I use Bluebonnet Meat Processing in Trenton. Absolutely the cleanest and most proficient I have ever used and you are guaranteed to get "your" deer back. I have taken deer, antelope and elk to them and they have never let me down.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Daniel Boone] #8680898 09/04/22 08:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 28,972
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
I know it is a little bit of a drive for you but I use Bluebonnet Meat Processing in Trenton. Absolutely the cleanest and most proficient I have ever used and you are guaranteed to get "your" deer back. I have taken deer, antelope and elk to them and they have never let me down.

this is where The Outpost was sending their customers. I heard it was good


SPACE FOR RENT


Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680913 09/04/22 09:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,244
A
angus1956 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
A
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,244
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Starting to look for a good deer processor in my area. The Outpost quit doing it, so looking for one fairly close to me.
Frisco, Plano, North Dallas??

Go to bluebonnet they did a steer for us last January my favorite place now.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8681851 09/06/22 02:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 868
B
Bdontexoma Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
B
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 868
I saw that Bluebonnet was not doing wild game processing anymore on a local taxi’s FB page.

Any truth to that?

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8682527 09/07/22 02:49 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
D
Daniel Boone Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
Yep, called them today and they said they were not going to do wild game processing anymore. They said that they were too busy taking care of local ranchers and their cattle. Guess I am in the market now for a new processor now.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8682770 09/07/22 02:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,708
B
Bufford Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,708
That's no good. I took all my animals to Bluebonnet......


"HERE THERE IS NO FAILURE, JUST VARIED DEGREES OF SUCCESS!!"
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Daniel Boone] #8682860 09/07/22 04:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,244
A
angus1956 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
A
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,244
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
Yep, called them today and they said they were not going to do wild game processing anymore. They said that they were too busy taking care of local ranchers and their cattle. Guess I am in the market now for a new processor now.

With stupid beef prices and the Wu Flu everyone is having their beef processed. Had one done in January and glad I did. I'll get a cow elk in November and maybe a deer if needed I'm set.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683042 09/07/22 08:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,149
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,149
Bad move on bluebonnets part


"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683043 09/07/22 08:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,149
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,149
I’ll go to Hess or Fischers now I guess


"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683245 09/08/22 02:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,351
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
C
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,351
https://hunterschoicellc.com/

Hunters Choice in Sanger does a pretty good job. I've been using them for 4-5 years now and they do good work pretty fast. Have had zero issues.

Last edited by chalet; 09/08/22 02:02 AM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683275 09/08/22 02:41 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 22,187
HoneyBeez Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 22,187
Kuby's will do you right.


[Linked Image]
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683334 09/08/22 04:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 14,829
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 14,829
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

Can’t go wrong with Kubys.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Roll-Tide] #8683372 09/08/22 11:30 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,000
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,000
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

Can’t go wrong with Kubys.




11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I wanted to try their deer processing, so I went by yesterday and had a ribeye sandwich and fries. It was really good. Had a fried pie (coconut) and drove around back and dropped my deer off.

For what it’s worth, he said I would get my deer back. The product I saw looked good. We will see in the processing.

But lunch was solid.



I know it was to late, but I tried to warn you!


11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Stub
They do have good food up

I used them I think 3 times for deer processing about 8-10 + years ago I believe it was a father and son operation, really nice folks but it had to be the worse deer processing ever.

On all 3 occasions I only took the Back Straps, & Tenderloins out and had everything else processed, all 3 times they never had my deer processed close to when they said it would be done and there were challenges..

I brought a huge doe in there one time and got back about 2/3 of a grocery sack of meat and they had no explanation why.
Another time dropped off a doe I get back like 3 full sacks of meat, get home and it turns out they gave me part of some one else's order and yes I brought it back.

Brought a good sized buck that field dressed 148 lbs taken off my brother inlaw high fence ranch.
I ordered a lot of different sausages and asked the father how much he would charge based off the weight, he gave me a firm price and he wrote it down.
Come back and the son wanted to charge me quite a bit more had to go back and forth even though I showed him in writing the price, dad finally came in and honored it.

When I dropped the buck meat off to be processed I also asked them if they knew a good taxidermy to do a shoulder mount? Dad said yes use this guy a lot, so I left my buck with them .hammer

Finally got it back and it was a disaster, my buck had a beautiful double white throat patch which was not there, the mold they used was very small.
The mount started deteriorating after a couple of years, the buck mount is in our climate controlled storage facility and looks like it is 60 years old.
Turns out the guy they sent it to is a fish taxidermist name Ron Kelly out of Lake Fork.

I hoe they do a lot better job of processing for the dad really seems like a great guy. Now when I shoot a deer I process most of it myself, if I want some really good sausages/links I take it to Cinnamon Creek off Old Denton Rd, they are great.

Last edited by Stub; 09/08/22 11:38 AM.

texas flag








Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Stub] #8683415 09/08/22 01:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,487
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,487
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

Can’t go wrong with Kubys.




11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I wanted to try their deer processing, so I went by yesterday and had a ribeye sandwich and fries. It was really good. Had a fried pie (coconut) and drove around back and dropped my deer off.

For what it’s worth, he said I would get my deer back. The product I saw looked good. We will see in the processing.

But lunch was solid.



I know it was to late, but I tried to warn you!


11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Stub
They do have good food up

I used them I think 3 times for deer processing about 8-10 + years ago I believe it was a father and son operation, really nice folks but it had to be the worse deer processing ever.

On all 3 occasions I only took the Back Straps, & Tenderloins out and had everything else processed, all 3 times they never had my deer processed close to when they said it would be done and there were challenges..

I brought a huge doe in there one time and got back about 2/3 of a grocery sack of meat and they had no explanation why.
Another time dropped off a doe I get back like 3 full sacks of meat, get home and it turns out they gave me part of some one else's order and yes I brought it back.

Brought a good sized buck that field dressed 148 lbs taken off my brother inlaw high fence ranch.
I ordered a lot of different sausages and asked the father how much he would charge based off the weight, he gave me a firm price and he wrote it down.
Come back and the son wanted to charge me quite a bit more had to go back and forth even though I showed him in writing the price, dad finally came in and honored it.

When I dropped the buck meat off to be processed I also asked them if they knew a good taxidermy to do a shoulder mount? Dad said yes use this guy a lot, so I left my buck with them .hammer

Finally got it back and it was a disaster, my buck had a beautiful double white throat patch which was not there, the mold they used was very small.
The mount started deteriorating after a couple of years, the buck mount is in our climate controlled storage facility and looks like it is 60 years old.
Turns out the guy they sent it to is a fish taxidermist name Ron Kelly out of Lake Fork.

I hoe they do a lot better job of processing for the dad really seems like a great guy. Now when I shoot a deer I process most of it myself, if I want some really good sausages/links I take it to Cinnamon Creek off Old Denton Rd, they are great.

I have to 2nd Cinnamon Creek's quality; maybe not the cheapest but everything I've had from there has been "top notch" taste and quality wise....

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: DQ Kid] #8683464 09/08/22 02:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,000
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,000
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

Can’t go wrong with Kubys.




11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I wanted to try their deer processing, so I went by yesterday and had a ribeye sandwich and fries. It was really good. Had a fried pie (coconut) and drove around back and dropped my deer off.

For what it’s worth, he said I would get my deer back. The product I saw looked good. We will see in the processing.

But lunch was solid.



I know it was to late, but I tried to warn you!


11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Stub
They do have good food up

I used them I think 3 times for deer processing about 8-10 + years ago I believe it was a father and son operation, really nice folks but it had to be the worse deer processing ever.

On all 3 occasions I only took the Back Straps, & Tenderloins out and had everything else processed, all 3 times they never had my deer processed close to when they said it would be done and there were challenges..

I brought a huge doe in there one time and got back about 2/3 of a grocery sack of meat and they had no explanation why.
Another time dropped off a doe I get back like 3 full sacks of meat, get home and it turns out they gave me part of some one else's order and yes I brought it back.

Brought a good sized buck that field dressed 148 lbs taken off my brother inlaw high fence ranch.
I ordered a lot of different sausages and asked the father how much he would charge based off the weight, he gave me a firm price and he wrote it down.
Come back and the son wanted to charge me quite a bit more had to go back and forth even though I showed him in writing the price, dad finally came in and honored it.

When I dropped the buck meat off to be processed I also asked them if they knew a good taxidermy to do a shoulder mount? Dad said yes use this guy a lot, so I left my buck with them .hammer

Finally got it back and it was a disaster, my buck had a beautiful double white throat patch which was not there, the mold they used was very small.
The mount started deteriorating after a couple of years, the buck mount is in our climate controlled storage facility and looks like it is 60 years old.
Turns out the guy they sent it to is a fish taxidermist name Ron Kelly out of Lake Fork.

I hoe they do a lot better job of processing for the dad really seems like a great guy. Now when I shoot a deer I process most of it myself, if I want some really good sausages/links I take it to Cinnamon Creek off Old Denton Rd, they are great.

I have to 2nd Cinnamon Creek's quality; maybe not the cheapest but everything I've had from there has been "top notch" taste and quality wise....


Funny story about a deer I had processed at Cinnamon Creek.

Took a nice size buck in there I had removed the backstraps only. This time I was going to Big Dog it and splurge. I had about 90% of that meat done in all kinds of sausages and links, the other 10% chili meat. Gal said it would be a $100.00 deposit and you pay the balance when you pick it up up

About a month later they call and I go up there to pick it up, when it is my turn in line I tell the gal my name she looks up my order and says that will be $327.00.
Long silence out of me with the had to be deer in the headlights look on my face, I mutter don't you need to take my $100.00 deposit off of that amount?
She replied I already have, me eeks333

It was $427.00 well spent for everything was really very good.

Last edited by Stub; 09/08/22 02:20 PM.

texas flag








Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8688407 09/15/22 09:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 71
J
jdangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 71
Another Cinnamon Creek vote...I typically have a deer made into sausages, meat sticks, slim jims....snack food, so I expect to pay more for processing, but I have always been happy with the result. The have chipotle chedder sausage sticks that are really good and I like their bacon wrapped backstrap medallion things they do.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8688972 09/16/22 02:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
D
Daniel Boone Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
Now that Bluebonnet Meats is no longer doing game processing, I am trying to find a good place before my hunting season starts up. I came thru Muenster the other day and stopped at Fisher Meats and the guy gave me a tour of their processing facility and a price sheet. Everything looked pretty good but I am just wondering if anyone on here has ever used them before. I get most of mine ground into hamburger and do the backstraps myself so I am not too concerned about getting sausage made.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8689313 09/16/22 09:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 26
Y
YassirSanchez Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
Y
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 26
My biggest issue is do I get back MY deer and only my deer?

I love Fishers I Muenster but I heard they are doing just a few every weekend these days.

You can’t go wrong with Kubys or Syracuse if you are on the east side of the metro mess.


“Life’s hard. It’s harder if your stupid.”

John Wayne
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3