Print Thread
Processing Frisco/Plano area #8680700 09/04/22 03:02 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Starting to look for a good deer processor in my area. The Outpost quit doing it, so looking for one fairly close to me.
Frisco, Plano, North Dallas??

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680708 09/04/22 03:13 PM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Never used them but

https://www.yeolebutchershop.com/game-processing

I’ve found most in the area will only process a skinned deer. Very few will let you drop off a gutted deer.

Last edited by scottfromdallas; 09/04/22 03:15 PM.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680720 09/04/22 03:29 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Hirsch in Plano
Hunters choice in Sanger
Kuby's in Dallas.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680805 09/04/22 05:41 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
i would take it quartered

thanks

now i just need to find a hunt confused2

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680836 09/04/22 06:34 PM
D
Daniel Boone Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
I know it is a little bit of a drive for you but I use Bluebonnet Meat Processing in Trenton. Absolutely the cleanest and most proficient I have ever used and you are guaranteed to get "your" deer back. I have taken deer, antelope and elk to them and they have never let me down.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Daniel Boone] #8680898 09/04/22 08:57 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
I know it is a little bit of a drive for you but I use Bluebonnet Meat Processing in Trenton. Absolutely the cleanest and most proficient I have ever used and you are guaranteed to get "your" deer back. I have taken deer, antelope and elk to them and they have never let me down.

this is where The Outpost was sending their customers. I heard it was good

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8680913 09/04/22 09:32 PM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Starting to look for a good deer processor in my area. The Outpost quit doing it, so looking for one fairly close to me.
Frisco, Plano, North Dallas??

Go to bluebonnet they did a steer for us last January my favorite place now.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8681851 09/06/22 02:59 AM
B
Bdontexoma Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I saw that Bluebonnet was not doing wild game processing anymore on a local taxi’s FB page.

Any truth to that?

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8682527 09/07/22 02:49 AM
D
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Yep, called them today and they said they were not going to do wild game processing anymore. They said that they were too busy taking care of local ranchers and their cattle. Guess I am in the market now for a new processor now.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8682770 09/07/22 02:32 PM
B
Bufford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
That's no good. I took all my animals to Bluebonnet......

"HERE THERE IS NO FAILURE, JUST VARIED DEGREES OF SUCCESS!!"
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Daniel Boone] #8682860 09/07/22 04:19 PM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
Yep, called them today and they said they were not going to do wild game processing anymore. They said that they were too busy taking care of local ranchers and their cattle. Guess I am in the market now for a new processor now.

With stupid beef prices and the Wu Flu everyone is having their beef processed. Had one done in January and glad I did. I'll get a cow elk in November and maybe a deer if needed I'm set.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683042 09/07/22 08:28 PM
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Bad move on bluebonnets part

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683043 09/07/22 08:28 PM
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I’ll go to Hess or Fischers now I guess

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683245 09/08/22 02:01 AM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
https://hunterschoicellc.com/

Hunters Choice in Sanger does a pretty good job. I've been using them for 4-5 years now and they do good work pretty fast. Have had zero issues.

Last edited by chalet; 09/08/22 02:02 AM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683275 09/08/22 02:41 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Kuby's will do you right.

[Linked Image]
Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8683334 09/08/22 04:52 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

Can’t go wrong with Kubys.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Roll-Tide] #8683372 09/08/22 11:30 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I took one to Ye Ole Butcher shop. Took several several months. Never again. Good burger though.

11/21/2021
I wanted to try their deer processing, so I went by yesterday and had a ribeye sandwich and fries. It was really good. Had a fried pie (coconut) and drove around back and dropped my deer off.

For what it’s worth, he said I would get my deer back. The product I saw looked good. We will see in the processing.

But lunch was solid.

I know it was to late, but I tried to warn you!

11/21/2021
Originally Posted by Stub
They do have good food up

I used them I think 3 times for deer processing about 8-10 + years ago I believe it was a father and son operation, really nice folks but it had to be the worse deer processing ever.

On all 3 occasions I only took the Back Straps, & Tenderloins out and had everything else processed, all 3 times they never had my deer processed close to when they said it would be done and there were challenges..

I brought a huge doe in there one time and got back about 2/3 of a grocery sack of meat and they had no explanation why.
Another time dropped off a doe I get back like 3 full sacks of meat, get home and it turns out they gave me part of some one else's order and yes I brought it back.

Brought a good sized buck that field dressed 148 lbs taken off my brother inlaw high fence ranch.
I ordered a lot of different sausages and asked the father how much he would charge based off the weight, he gave me a firm price and he wrote it down.
Come back and the son wanted to charge me quite a bit more had to go back and forth even though I showed him in writing the price, dad finally came in and honored it.

When I dropped the buck meat off to be processed I also asked them if they knew a good taxidermy to do a shoulder mount? Dad said yes use this guy a lot, so I left my buck with them .hammer

Finally got it back and it was a disaster, my buck had a beautiful double white throat patch which was not there, the mold they used was very small.
The mount started deteriorating after a couple of years, the buck mount is in our climate controlled storage facility and looks like it is 60 years old.
Turns out the guy they sent it to is a fish taxidermist name Ron Kelly out of Lake Fork.

I hoe they do a lot better job of processing for the dad really seems like a great guy. Now when I shoot a deer I process most of it myself, if I want some really good sausages/links I take it to Cinnamon Creek off Old Denton Rd, they are great.

Last edited by Stub; 09/08/22 11:38 AM.

texas flag

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Stub] #8683415 09/08/22 01:09 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

11/21/2021
I wanted to try their deer processing, so I went by yesterday and had a ribeye sandwich and fries. It was really good. Had a fried pie (coconut) and drove around back and dropped my deer off.

For what it’s worth, he said I would get my deer back. The product I saw looked good. We will see in the processing.

But lunch was solid.

11/21/2021

I used them I think 3 times for deer processing about 8-10 + years ago I believe it was a father and son operation, really nice folks but it had to be the worse deer processing ever.

On all 3 occasions I only took the Back Straps, & Tenderloins out and had everything else processed, all 3 times they never had my deer processed close to when they said it would be done and there were challenges..

I brought a huge doe in there one time and got back about 2/3 of a grocery sack of meat and they had no explanation why.
Another time dropped off a doe I get back like 3 full sacks of meat, get home and it turns out they gave me part of some one else's order and yes I brought it back.

Brought a good sized buck that field dressed 148 lbs taken off my brother inlaw high fence ranch.
I ordered a lot of different sausages and asked the father how much he would charge based off the weight, he gave me a firm price and he wrote it down.
Come back and the son wanted to charge me quite a bit more had to go back and forth even though I showed him in writing the price, dad finally came in and honored it.

When I dropped the buck meat off to be processed I also asked them if they knew a good taxidermy to do a shoulder mount? Dad said yes use this guy a lot, so I left my buck with them .hammer

Finally got it back and it was a disaster, my buck had a beautiful double white throat patch which was not there, the mold they used was very small.
The mount started deteriorating after a couple of years, the buck mount is in our climate controlled storage facility and looks like it is 60 years old.
Turns out the guy they sent it to is a fish taxidermist name Ron Kelly out of Lake Fork.

I hoe they do a lot better job of processing for the dad really seems like a great guy. Now when I shoot a deer I process most of it myself, if I want some really good sausages/links I take it to Cinnamon Creek off Old Denton Rd, they are great.

I have to 2nd Cinnamon Creek's quality; maybe not the cheapest but everything I've had from there has been "top notch" taste and quality wise....

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: DQ Kid] #8683464 09/08/22 02:19 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid

11/21/2021

But lunch was solid.

11/21/2021

I have to 2nd Cinnamon Creek's quality; maybe not the cheapest but everything I've had from there has been "top notch" taste and quality wise....

Funny story about a deer I had processed at Cinnamon Creek.

Took a nice size buck in there I had removed the backstraps only. This time I was going to Big Dog it and splurge. I had about 90% of that meat done in all kinds of sausages and links, the other 10% chili meat. Gal said it would be a $100.00 deposit and you pay the balance when you pick it up up

About a month later they call and I go up there to pick it up, when it is my turn in line I tell the gal my name she looks up my order and says that will be $327.00.
Long silence out of me with the had to be deer in the headlights look on my face, I mutter don't you need to take my $100.00 deposit off of that amount?
She replied I already have, me eeks333

It was $427.00 well spent for everything was really very good.

Last edited by Stub; 09/08/22 02:20 PM.

texas flag

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8688407 09/15/22 09:05 PM
J
jdangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Another Cinnamon Creek vote...I typically have a deer made into sausages, meat sticks, slim jims....snack food, so I expect to pay more for processing, but I have always been happy with the result. The have chipotle chedder sausage sticks that are really good and I like their bacon wrapped backstrap medallion things they do.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8688972 09/16/22 02:38 PM
D
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Now that Bluebonnet Meats is no longer doing game processing, I am trying to find a good place before my hunting season starts up. I came thru Muenster the other day and stopped at Fisher Meats and the guy gave me a tour of their processing facility and a price sheet. Everything looked pretty good but I am just wondering if anyone on here has ever used them before. I get most of mine ground into hamburger and do the backstraps myself so I am not too concerned about getting sausage made.

Re: Processing Frisco/Plano area [Re: Buzzsaw] #8689313 09/16/22 09:32 PM
Y
YassirSanchez Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Y
My biggest issue is do I get back MY deer and only my deer?

I love Fishers I Muenster but I heard they are doing just a few every weekend these days.

You can’t go wrong with Kubys or Syracuse if you are on the east side of the metro mess.

“Life’s hard. It’s harder if your stupid.”

John Wayne
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide