Forums46
Topics537,967
Posts9,731,166
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669048 08/20/22 03:42 AM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
The 18 wheelers in Weatherford drive 40 on I-20. Totally ridiculous and causes more accidents and road rage than most activity. Never understood why they don’t jump on the access roads or simply turn on their flashers. Inconsiderate bastages in my book.

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669104 08/20/22 10:26 AM
R
redhaze Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Don't like the jack wagon trucks with front lifted and can't dim their dang headlights....why not adjust the headlight....oh yeah, not cool.

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Creekrunner] #8669173 08/20/22 01:16 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Bumper girls. Sometimes they're soccer moms. Sometimes just stupid young girls that know they're the center of the universe. 'Never look at the speedometer but know they have to tailgate the next car in front of them.

My wife's car will scoot. It really pisses off the some of the more aggressive tailgaters (usually a guy in a ridiculous jacked-up pickup) when I disappear over the horizon. 'Quite entertaining watching them risk life and limb trying to finally pass me further down the road.

Were you driving slow in the left lane to begin with and then gassed on it when they tried to pass you? If so, that’s a dick move.
Just sayin man.

There you go, making assumptions. Nope. Usually in a situation where I have nowhere to go and the idiot behind me can see cars right in front of me. If I'm given the opportunity, and the cars in front of me move out of the way, I simply enjoy what the car will do. 'Tends to really annoy the less-than-secure types. Thanks for playing.

Wasn’t assuming anything Creek, was more so asking a question, yes I feel your pain in the fact you have nowhere to go and AH behind you is so close you can’t see their headlights. Pisses me off too.

🍻
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Sneaky] #8669204 08/20/22 02:04 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Yeah, what’s with this new trend of turning your hazards on whenever it’s raining? Who started that, and would it be legal to tar and feather them?

I think it's a Yankee thing

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: 603Country] #8669207 08/20/22 02:05 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by 603Country
Volvo drivers. They always drive slow in left or middle lane.

Ditto the Prius

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: reeltexan] #8669230 08/20/22 02:29 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Ya know, it was back when I was commuting to work that the Volvo people constantly irritated me. These days, out here in the country boondocks, I’m in no hurry at all. That said, on these hilly country 2 lane roads, I get passed by idiots in a hurry that pass on uphill roads, across yellow lines - just asking to be killed. Where did these morons learn to drive, and why the death wish?

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669242 08/20/22 02:40 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Slow starters at traffic lights, usually texting at the light.
We have a quick light here by the house. If everyone stays reasonably tight we can get 12 cars through on a cycle, easy. But everyone just lolly-gags through and we usually get 4 cars through with enough space to fit 4 or 5 cars safely between them. It is common to sit through 3 cycles with only a dozen cars queued up.
Now the light leaving my subdivision, these folks know how to GO on green.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669249 08/20/22 02:49 PM
7six2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Seems like people in general (drivers) are slowing down. The cars all have plenty of power nowadays but folks wont speed up to enter the freeway; they wont get moving when the light changes; they lollygag in the passing lanes; they drive slow everywhere EXCEPT the neighborhood streets and parking lots; and they dont check their mirrors before jumping in front of you. If you are that f* scared to drive then stay the f off the highway and take public transportation.

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: reeltexan] #8669255 08/20/22 02:54 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by reeltexan
Originally Posted by 603Country
Volvo drivers. They always drive slow in left or middle lane.

Ditto the Prius

Oh, the Prius is making sure you "comply." They'd turn you into the SS, if they could.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669259 08/20/22 02:56 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
drunk or sober? bolt

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669276 08/20/22 03:13 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Hands down, the ones who wait until the last second to jump into the exit ramp lane where they often cause rear-end collisions when cars already in the line have to stop or suddenly slow to avoid them. And if they can't find a place, they simply slow down or stop in the lane they're in to the left.

The absolute worst place for this is where you have an entrance and exit ramp very close to one another. It creates the situation where drivers in the entrance ramp are trying to accelerate to highway speed in the same area where these jackasses are trying to bring things to a halt.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 08/20/22 03:20 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669359 08/20/22 05:30 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Made a mental note of something else I have to teach the grandkids - watching out first for red light runners when YOUR light turns green. I'm starting to see a whole lot more of it out here where we are. They musta moved here from Houston. Also seeing a whole lot more people roaring up and sticking out past their stop sign into oncoming right-of-way roads. They expect to roll right out onto the street and get pissed when anyone else is there. I've seen several almost t-bones because of this "technique". People are getting nuttier.

I heard about a bad wreck in Junction a couple of weeks ago. A dust storm came up off that guy's hay fields right west of town and covered I10. Some lady decided to just come to a dead stop...on I10. Killed 2.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669397 08/20/22 06:23 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I generally do the speed limit or a little under. Only use the left lane to pass slower vehicles. Can’t stand drivers that ignore Yield Signs when merging onto a highway. People texting and driving piss me off. I got t-boned 2 years ago with my grandson in the car by a young lady that ran a red light while texting. Thankfully we weren’t hurt but my SUV was totaled.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669410 08/20/22 06:37 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Prius then Subaru. If I was Gov of Texas I would ban them both. Would not let them be Registered or charge 5k a year. 99% of people that drive then have had their brains sucked out by some alien being

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669417 08/20/22 06:42 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Subaru is a decent car. I'll give 'em that. 'Wish I owned the dealership in Santa Fe. 'Like taking candy from a baby. $$$ banana2

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Creekrunner] #8669429 08/20/22 06:51 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Subaru is a decent car. I'll give 'em that. 'Wish I owned the dealership in Santa Fe. 'Like taking candy from a baby. $$$ banana2

You made my point.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Guy] #8669455 08/20/22 07:21 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Guy
I drive like a computer would drive, zero emotion, 100% efficient. This means:
* Do not over break...
* Do not over accelerate..
* Set cruse control 5 mph over speed limit, stay in right lane.
* To pass, only when needed, 9 mph over speed limit in left lane.

Agree! My motto too.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: 71Rcode] #8669493 08/20/22 08:42 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Originally Posted by Guy
I drive like a computer would drive, zero emotion, 100% efficient. This means:
* Do not over break...
* Do not over accelerate..
* Set cruse control 5 mph over speed limit, stay in right lane.
* To pass, only when needed, 9 mph over speed limit in left lane.

Agree! My motto too.

I always called it "precision driving"
safer AND you don't get tickets

[Linked Image]

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669513 08/20/22 08:58 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Don't assume your kiddos know the driving laws and this is one example why.

About 6 months ago I was in the car with my my 22 year daughter who was driving, we came up to a 4 way stop sign intersection at the exact same time another car who was to the right of us.
Well my daughter takes off first and once we cleared the intersection I asked her why she did not let the other car go first? She asked me why should she have, me because it is the law.
She gives me the deer in the headlight look and I ask her didn't they teach you that in drivers education and wasn't it on your written driving test and she said No it wasn't or she would have remembered it hammer I assured her it was she must have nodded out on that question.

Me wanting to know how many others are not aware of that law so I called her 23 year old husband and he did not know it either scratch
Later that evening I asked the wife while the daughter was right there and she also said she did not realize that.

Wow wonder what else they missed?

texas flag

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669604 08/20/22 10:05 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Apparently a bunch of people, Stub.

Along the same lines, I can’t stand it when someone has the right of way and insists that you go first. Just stick to the rules and drive, you mutt!

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Sneaky] #8669633 08/20/22 10:50 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Along the same lines, I can’t stand it when someone has the right of way and insists that you go first. Just stick to the rules and drive, you mutt!

This pisses me off. A 4 way and people start giving the go ahead finger move from the right. I also can’t stand slow drivers in the passing lane and people that just shouldn’t be on the road. I’m always in a hurry but rarely drive over 84. I’ll put 90K on a truck every year making sales calls. If everyone would just keep the left lane clear and get out of the way when passing the world would be a better place. When I’m pulling a heavily loaded trailer I’m driving 70 or below, but when I have to pass someone I get around and get the hell out of the way. It’s not hard to be a courteous driver.

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: Sneaky] #8669674 08/20/22 11:58 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

They’re afraid you’re gonna dart out there and crash them.

🍻
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8669693 08/21/22 12:27 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Thundervee

They’re afraid you’re gonna dart out there and crash them.

Once they wave me on and break the rules, it’s a legitimate concern.

Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669711 08/21/22 12:46 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I hear ya man. I have awesome self control driving through downtown Houston twice a day, I surprise myself everyday that I don’t loose my chit on the retarded sonsobitches

Last edited by Thundervee; 08/21/22 12:46 AM.

🍻
Re: What kind of driver are you/ or do you hate the most? [Re: rickym] #8669729 08/21/22 01:14 AM
7six2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
It irritating when your pulling a trailer and everyone assumes your going to be slow or get in their way, so they drive worse to get around you. Pulling my trailer I'll check my mirror before pulling into the left lane to pass and there might be car back there a long ways, but as soon as I put my signal and start my pass they will speed up and suddenly appear on my rear bumper. Then...in spite of my speeding up significantly to make my pass...they'll whip around to my right side and slow back down thus preventing me from returning to the right lane; now I'm the ahole blocking the left lane but I can't get back in and theres now a dozen more cars stacked up behind me. BUT YOU BET that if I fall in behind the f-er that JUST HAD to be in front they will slow down to below the speed we were just at. Now I get to play leap frog again and burn more fuel.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide