Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: The Dude Abides] #8664894 08/15/22 03:50 PM
G
George S Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

You're not exactly correct. Depends if his business was a Dba or an LLC. Dba can sign them out of their A&D book without going on 4473 or a Form 4. LLC on the other hand...4473 and a Form 4 is required.

Learn something new every day.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8666264 08/17/22 12:32 AM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I messaged OP to let him know but he hasn’t responded, so just to be clear-

-The “dolts at Scheels” know exactly where the can is. It is in transit from SiCo. It’s listed as a “delayed” status with FedEx in Salt Lake City.

-SiCo doesn’t assign you your S/N, they send us a list of who they are for along with a box of suppressors, they aren’t “assigned” to you. For example, today we received about 15 BoGo cans, along with a list of about 15 people who they are for. We can choose any S/N to go to anyone on that list. I state this because the OP’s claim he gave us the S/N is demonstrably false or misleading, whether that be due to misunderstanding or something else

-It’s an outright lie by either the OP or whomever he talked to at SiCo that he got a delivery date, because they HAVENT BEEN DELIVERED, as stated above

This info has been personally verified by myself as well as 3 people at SiCo tody, and has been shared with the OP

I know some of you are perfectly content to sit behind your computer screen and call names and threaten to “have us audited,” but you’d look a LOT smarter if you just stayed out of things that didn’t concern you

Last edited by Roughneck913; 08/17/22 01:26 AM.
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: Roughneck913] #8666303 08/17/22 01:18 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Roughneck913

-The “dolts at Scheels” know exactly where the can is. It is in transit from SiCo. It’s listed as a “delayed” status with FedEx in Salt Lake City.

-SiCo doesn’t assign you your S/N, they send us a list of who they are for along with a box of suppressors, they aren’t “assigned” to you. For example, today we received about 15 BoGo cans, along with a list of about 15 people who they are for. We can choose any S/N to go to anyone on that list. I state this because the OP’s claim he gave us the S/N is demonstrably false or misleading

-It’s an outright lie by either the OP or whomever he talked to at SiCo that he got a delivery date, because they HAVENT BEEN DELIVERED, as stated above

This info has been personally verified by myself as well as 3 people at SiCo tody, and has been shared with the OP

I know some of you are perfectly content to sit behind your computer screen and call names and threaten to “have us audited,” but you’d look a LOT smarter if you just stayed out of things that didn’t concern you

Do you work at scheels? Your story is interesting, because when I filled out my NFA paperwork, we had to put the serial number on the form. The serial number was assigned when I filled out the form. The stamp is assigned to a specific serial number. So, what gives?

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: unclebubba] #8666310 08/17/22 01:23 AM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by unclebubba

-SiCo doesn’t assign you your S/N, they send us a list of who they are for along with a box of suppressors, they aren’t “assigned” to you. For example, today we received about 15 BoGo cans, along with a list of about 15 people who they are for. We can choose any S/N to go to anyone on that list. I state this because the OP’s claim he gave us the S/N is demonstrably false or misleading

Do you work at scheels? Your story is interesting, because when I filled out my NFA paperwork, we had to put the serial number on the form. The serial number was assigned when I filled out the form. The stamp is assigned to a specific serial number. So, what gives?

Once you fill out the form 4, sure, it’s assigned that point, but by the dealer. That can only happen AFTER the suppressor has arrived at the dealer, which is beyond what we are talking about in this situation

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: Roughneck913] #8666314 08/17/22 01:28 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

Once you fill out the form 4, sure, it’s assigned that point, but by the dealer. That can only happen AFTER the suppressor has arrived at the dealer, which is beyond what we are talking about in this situation

So, you're saying Wade hasn't even filled out his form 4? From his post, I gathered that he had already filled it out and been approved.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: Roughneck913] #8666318 08/17/22 01:37 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

-SiCo doesn’t assign you your S/N, they send us a list of who they are for along with a box of suppressors, they aren’t “assigned” to you. For example, today we received about 15 BoGo cans, along with a list of about 15 people who they are for. We can choose any S/N to go to anyone on that list. I state this because the OP’s claim he gave us the S/N is demonstrably false or misleading, whether that be due to misunderstanding or something else

I don’t know why SiCo would’ve given me a serial number if it wasn’t assigned. The first BOGO I did with them they sent me an email when my suppressor shipped, with serial number. So when I’m told by the manufacturer that it shipped on X date, with X serial number, and I then call the retailer and they have no recollection of it, it sure makes one doubt the retailer. I don’t know who the “dolts” at Scheels are, I know the guy that assisted me with the initial suppressor purchase gave me such an uneasy feeling that I left and came back a few days later.

Thanks for clearing something up though, based on your PM, I gather that it’s stuck in transit? That would explain why SiCo said they shipped it and Scheels has no idea where it is.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: unclebubba] #8666321 08/17/22 01:41 AM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R

So, you're saying Wade hasn't even filled out his form 4? From his post, I gathered that he had already filled it out and been approved.

There are two different suppressors mentioned here and I think you may be mixing them up. I’m going to are back from this thread. The OP can address this to the level he feels comfortable. He has all the pertinent info. I’ve probably overstepped where I should have in terms of what I shared, but I wanted to make clear where the issue actually lies here, which is with FedEx, which I’m sure shocks everyone here to a great degree lol

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8666352 08/17/22 02:30 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I'm not going to say Roughneck is incorrect, but I can guarantee this......I've bought two cans through Silencer Shop and the local dealer kiosk setup. SilencerShop did the Trust, and the trust absolutely has a serial number listed on it, specifically for me. As a matter of fact the name of the trust has included the specific serial number both times. Not sure how you can say that the dealer can assign whatever serial number he wishes? My local dealer had my can within 10 days of me buying the trust, can, and tax stamp, as had it stored just waiting for tax stamp approval.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8666388 08/17/22 03:16 AM
duckhunter175 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I'm going to step in and give a '2nd' to BigPig on the feeling with Scheels and suppressors.

When they opened and then started stocking up on suppressors it took them MANY months to get their company wide electronic systems straight to where they could even process a true trust and not just some 'single shot' style trust. So I waited and waited because I was well invested into my Scheels card, points, and wanted to purchase a suppressor from them. The others I own were purchased on the same trust and through a different LGS that is very reputable and informative with NFA items with zero issues, easy communication.

Anways- I wasn't thrilled with how long it took them to get their stuff together but when they did I was assured there would be no issues with a purchase. I called them once to check in because I was going to be out of communication (and the country) for awhile. I left an email address just in the event my can arrived while I was away and they tried to contact me. When I checked in after the trip... nada, not even a record of my info on file from the previous call and a standard response of 'we will call you when it gets here'...

We are closing in on month 17-- I haven't had an item take anywhere close to this long before and I'm certainly not in the warm fuzzy area regarding this transaction because of the above mentioned Scheels system issues and possible delays. I do acknowledge that it could just be the ATF and the crap shoot of approval and hope that is the case and not something worse.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: Jgraider] #8666397 08/17/22 03:45 AM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by Jgraider
I'm not going to say Roughneck is incorrect, but I can guarantee this......I've bought two cans through Silencer Shop and the local dealer kiosk setup. SilencerShop did the Trust, and the trust absolutely has a serial number listed on it, specifically for me. As a matter of fact the name of the trust has included the specific serial number both times. Not sure how you can say that the dealer can assign whatever serial number he wishes? My local dealer had my can within 10 days of me buying the trust, can, and tax stamp, as had it stored just waiting for tax stamp approval.

You are talking about suppressors you BOUGHT from a dealer (or from silencershop depending on how you look at it) not a BOGO suppressor from a manufacturer. Those SNs were assigned by Silencershop, not by the suppressor manufacturer to a specific customer because they are facilitating the trust and form 4 while SiCo is doing neither of those things. You are talking about a form 4, and trust, which of course have the S/N. We are talking about a suppressor that was redeemed directly on a manufacturers rebate who is sending out thousands of them across the country (a dozen or so a week to our store alone) Which is yet to have a form 4 filed on it. Literally nothing in common with OP’s post, but carry on.

I have all the facts from the customer, the mfg, and the store, and spent almost an hour on the phone with SiCo and fedex today resolving this and somehow you all still know more than me about how this process goes. Whenever this batch gets released by FedEx I’ll see if I can take a picture of exactly how it comes in if I can blur all the info I’d need to and it still make sense.

And I’m sorry you’ve been waiting 17 months. It’s sucks, and the NFA is stupid and annoying, not much else I can tell you. I don’t know the specifics of you suppressor, but you are still several months short of our longest one. If it makes you feel better, call the NFA branch and ask what the deal is. They’ll tell you it’s “pending”, just like the several hundred other ones we have been waiting on for a year+, but at least you know they have all your stuff then. No one at ATF will confirm this officially, but tons of resources (people) have been pulled off paper form processing and put on E-file, and I have it on good authority that that is the main reason paper forms submitted in the year leading up to E-file (basically 2021) are taking FOREVER.

I’m not sure where your info on the “not processing trusts” deal is coming from, but I’d say there is a miscommunication there. The system we use is the same at all stores, and it’s been running regular trust paperwork for about 18 months longer than the Texas store has even been open, so I’d say there is a misunderstanding there somewhere

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8666400 08/17/22 03:52 AM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
If I had to guess, they just gave you one number out of the batch. If I remember right there are 11-12 of the exact same suppressors in that box, all going to the same place, so they probably just picked one to use as a reference point in case you called again so they could look up the info on that shipment easier.

I wasn’t reference you with the “dolts” comment, rather the other commenter who decided name calling and threatening audits was a more appropriate actions.

Your tracking info shows it’s “delayed” by FedEx in Salt Lake, with a little note that says part of the box may have been damaged (the big box with all the suppressors in it, not the box any individual can is in most likely) . I’d say that makes it a coin toss on whether it continues it’s journey to us, or gets sent back to SiCo to be repackaged and reshaped. FedEx is finicky about that.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8668534 08/19/22 07:10 PM
duckhunter175 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
The deal on not processing trusts came direct from the gun counter, in person at the TX store very shortly after opening. I was told this when I brought in my paperwork that it would be a few months before the ‘system’ would be able to process my trust (Willi Trust) and they could only do the individual ‘single shot’ trusts for the time being. I was told this on one other occassion before being able to actually make my purchase.

Sounds like you work there behind the counter; if thats the case maybe you or someone who has been there since the opening could illuminate what the issue or confusion couldve been.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8733157 11/13/22 04:32 AM
duckhunter175 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Well-- here is the somewhat hilarious and still aggravating conclusion to this suppressor saga.

Refer to my previous posts in this thread: When I posted on 8/17/22 I had previously gone to the store in person the first week in June right before departing on my trip. I had the serial number to my item, which was checked, I was told it was not approved yet. So- I called the gun counter and asked that a sticky note to put on my box with my email and directions to email me if it arrived while I was out of the country because I would not have phone service.

Upon return I physically went to the store on 8/8 and checked the status of my suppressor and was told it was not approved yet.....and theyd be sure to call me soon as they get it. It is a 40+ minute one way drive to the store so I'm not dropping in weekly though it turns out I should've.

Well- called the ATF line once or twice to check the status and the wait was crazy long and I didn't get through.

Today I went back in- asked to speak to someone at the gun counter who does the suppressors because at this point I wanted to see the proof from Scheels that the paperwork was correctly submitted to the ATF because I did not believe it should be 18 months of waiting game.

Well- the assistant store manager who was working the area today came out with a Dead Air box that had a stickey note of date 6/7 and something I couldn't quite read. Then he tells me they called me in June (I'm assuming 6/7 when I was gone) and since they couldn't leave a voicemail there was no way to get back in touch with me--- He had ZERO record about the email address and ZERO info about me coming to the store in August. They also had not called me since then-- I am not sure how much money I've spent there, online account and I have their Visa card and you have to leave contact info with the NFA paperwork, my trust, etc etc so I have a hard time believing there is not a way to make contact.... but basically that can has been sitting at Scheels since June!! bang bang I will still go there for convenient items as needed but I will not order a firearm or get another suppressor from them.

It is home now and I'll be heading to the range so that is a happy ending in my book.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: duckhunter175] #8733649 11/14/22 04:41 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by duckhunter175
Well-- here is the somewhat hilarious and still aggravating conclusion to this suppressor saga.

Refer to my previous posts in this thread: When I posted on 8/17/22 I had previously gone to the store in person the first week in June right before departing on my trip. I had the serial number to my item, which was checked, I was told it was not approved yet. So- I called the gun counter and asked that a sticky note to put on my box with my email and directions to email me if it arrived while I was out of the country because I would not have phone service.

Upon return I physically went to the store on 8/8 and checked the status of my suppressor and was told it was not approved yet.....and theyd be sure to call me soon as they get it. It is a 40+ minute one way drive to the store so I'm not dropping in weekly though it turns out I should've.

Well- called the ATF line once or twice to check the status and the wait was crazy long and I didn't get through.

Today I went back in- asked to speak to someone at the gun counter who does the suppressors because at this point I wanted to see the proof from Scheels that the paperwork was correctly submitted to the ATF because I did not believe it should be 18 months of waiting game.

Well- the assistant store manager who was working the area today came out with a Dead Air box that had a stickey note of date 6/7 and something I couldn't quite read. Then he tells me they called me in June (I'm assuming 6/7 when I was gone) and since they couldn't leave a voicemail there was no way to get back in touch with me--- He had ZERO record about the email address and ZERO info about me coming to the store in August. They also had not called me since then-- I am not sure how much money I've spent there, online account and I have their Visa card and you have to leave contact info with the NFA paperwork, my trust, etc etc so I have a hard time believing there is not a way to make contact.... but basically that can has been sitting at Scheels since June!! bang bang I will still go there for convenient items as needed but I will not order a firearm or get another suppressor from them.

It is home now and I'll be heading to the range so that is a happy ending in my book.

I got a phone calls last week from Scheels that my purchase from December 2021 is ready for pickup.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8733993 11/14/22 06:12 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BigPig

I got a phone calls last week from Scheels that my purchase from December 2021 is ready for pickup.

banana2 banana2 banana2

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8734024 11/14/22 06:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Wonder why both mine only took 4 months and yours took 12?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8734078 11/14/22 07:27 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

#defundthepolice rofl

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8734136 11/14/22 08:32 PM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Probably paper vs efile. I bought this like 3 days before efile went live bang And other unmentionable reasons

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8734226 11/14/22 10:13 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I e filed one in March, today is 242 days and nada.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8734688 11/15/22 01:28 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

This makes me feel better. I did my paperwork last Dec.as well. Got an email from the place yesterday saying that mine is still waiting on the ATF to finish their part and that currently, they are receiving stamps from paperwork submitted between Dec. 2020 and May of 2021. Made me think I had 8-12 months left at least.

[Linked Image]
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8735889 11/16/22 08:35 PM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Placed another suppressor i jail today, used the efile, was told it’s talking as long as paper forms currently.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread