Print Thread
Day pack recommendations #8658710 08/07/22 04:03 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
I have an old game winner day pack from academy that I’ve been using for the last 10 years or so. It’s still serviceable but it’s showing it’s age, some zippers are broke,etc. been looking at various day packs for the last few weeks,

From what I’ve found, the Kuiu divide is showing to meet my needs; good external pockets, light weight, tough fabric, and a waist belt which I’ve grown quite fond of.

https://www.kuiu.com/products/divide-1500-buckskin?variant=41065446146206

This is my “every time I’m in the field pack “ that carry’s my knifes, jet boil, binos, rangefinders, water bottles, Snacks and a mountain house, flash lights, and a few other odd items.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on a similar pack?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8658778 08/07/22 06:25 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I have a badlands superday that works well. I will look at the kuiu divide to see the differences. Have had the superday for a long while and while not worked hard, it shows no signs of wear and they have a lifetime warranty. Ziopers are still flawless and lots of little pockets for stuff. There is also the 2200 from badlands that is slightly bigger and there is some new stuff they are coming out with too. Decent brand for a day pack

Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659171 08/08/22 11:37 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I have Badlands, use it identically to what you describe. You won't be disappointed. The quality of the zippers is what sets it apart. I'm in NW Texas and the red dirt dust is what causes zippers to fail. Badlands zippers are larger gauge, and the material they're made from seem impervious to the fine dust. All the other features are what you would expect from a great quality pack.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659271 08/08/22 01:36 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I have an old game winner day pack from academy that I’ve been using for the last 10 years or so. It’s still serviceable but it’s showing it’s age, some zippers are broke,etc. been looking at various day packs for the last few weeks,

From what I’ve found, the Kuiu divide is showing to meet my needs; good external pockets, light weight, tough fabric, and a waist belt which I’ve grown quite fond of.

This is my “every time I’m in the field pack “ that carry’s my knifes, jet boil, binos, rangefinders, water bottles, Snacks and a mountain house, flash lights, and a few other odd items.

I run the venture 2200. I had the 1800 and sent it back.

When I say I run. I carry venture for work, plane travel, Disney, not just hunting. I see the Venture being more versatile due to the size and frame sheet.

I still use the Badlands Axis a lot just due to way the lid opens, it creates a bucket . Especially if in a tree or mule, but zippers sux. It was a Cabelas special addition.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659357 08/08/22 03:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I will say i dont think you can go wrong with either a kuiu or badlands. Both are great quality and i have been very pleased with everything i have gotten from both companies. I bought my badlands a ling time ago, well before i knew to look to other western companies. I might look harder at companies like kuiu if i were going to do it again, but having said that the badlands superday does everything i meed for a day pack. I really like how it has a drop down rifle holder that you then strap the rifle onto the back, can work the same way for tripods, or other linger items . Plus, the fabric is waterproof.

Its a tough call, but the best thing is both companies will allow you to return within 30 days so buy both and see which you like and return the one you dont.

Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659455 08/08/22 05:54 PM
J
jdangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I have the same one and use it for the same things.. been happy with it, straps are really comfortable, and I like the waist belt as well

Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659467 08/08/22 06:24 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
SpecOps - The Pack. I have used the same pack for about 15 years and it still is showing minimal wear despite riding in my truck most of the time it is not otherwise in a buggy, deer blind, or being hauled somewhere on a plane.

The zippers are very heavy duty and work even when the pack is coated in heavy dust and sand, which is common where I hunt.

The fabric is heavy duty cordura, which resists snags on mesquite and thorn brush and has not torn on me, which has been a surprise more than once.

When filled, the space between the two outer pockets makes a nice rifle rest.

When it is dirty or has blood on it, toss it in the washing machine with some scent free Arm & Hammer detergent and it comes out looking nice and ready to go again.

Also, it is made in America.

Highly recommend it.

https://specops.us/pack-tactical-cyb.html

Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8659490 08/08/22 06:55 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
The QT&QY pack on Amazon is surprisingly functional for about $37. Hardly a premium product, but cheap enough that it doesn’t matter.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Day pack recommendations [Re: txtrophy85] #8665438 08/16/22 02:44 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Got the Kuiu pack today.....so far I'm liking it alot. It has the "bucket" system that Bobo spoke of that is great for carrying jet boil, fuel, jacket, etc....whatever doesn't need to be zipped up. Fabric is a Cordura and seems to be fairly tough...time will tell.

it has a very handy pocket system and the dual water bottle holders is nice. I'm thinking this will work great for a replacement for my last bag. The only nitpick I can think of is the other pack came with a built-in rain fly, i ordered on amazon for this one.

Gonna load it up tonite and tomorrow with my hunting essentials but at first blush I'm happy with my purchase.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide