Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Alone #8658108 08/06/22 07:08 PM
Tbar Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Watched a recording of the final show this morning.

I was pulling for Karie Lee. She had the best attitude through the whole thing.

She punched out leaving the winner Juan Pablo.

I really like these shows and look forward to next season.

Make America Great Again

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658117 08/06/22 07:20 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yeah, I was good with either Kari Lee or Juan Pablo winning it. That 57 yr old women was a tough one. She showed up those younger dudes like a boss.

🍻
Re: Alone [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8658120 08/06/22 07:22 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Yeah, I was good with either Kari Lee or Juan Pablo winning it. That 57 yr old women was a tough one. She showed up those younger dudes like a boss.

been impressed with a number of the women on the show. They have had some real tough girls on there, my hat goes off to them.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658182 08/06/22 09:09 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My question is, who here thinks they could do it?

The solitude I could do.

Building what I need early on, I could do.

The constant quest for food would be difficult for anyone. Fish and wild edibles seem to me the best bet.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658187 08/06/22 09:14 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I do not like it when someone just gives up and tries to starve out the rest like Juan Pablo.

So I was pulling for Kari…

I liked the other guy but he’s a Dr. So he’ll be fine..

No way I could do it, I think there are a lot of people who think they could but there are very few who have that type of mental toughness.

Even if you have the skills, the fact you always have an out and your brain can make up any excuse to justify ending the hardship and suffering.

I would love to go do it for 2-3 weeks. Build a shelter, fire, secure drinking water/fire, hunt, fish and eat. Then go home….

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658196 08/06/22 09:30 PM
B
BayouGuy Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
B
I was pulling for Kari Lee also. Admire her joyful approach to life immensely.

If you can't laugh at yourself, give me a call. I'll gladly laugh at you.

"I keep trying to see Nancy Pelosi's and Chuck Schumer's point of view,
but I can't seem to get my head that far up my [censored]." Senator John Kennedy, Louisiana
Re: Alone [Re: J.G.] #8658207 08/06/22 10:08 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by J.G.

The solitude I could do.

The constant quest for food would be difficult for anyone. Fish and wild edibles seem to me the best bet.

I don’t know that I could do the solitude. I don’t know how to scavenge for food like a lot of them do. I don’t think I’d be 1st out. But I don’t know if I’d leave the champ.

Some of it is luck of the draw on where you’re dropped.

Re: Alone [Re: J.G.] #8658213 08/06/22 10:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by J.G.

The solitude I could do.

No wife or little kids absolutely. With, I’d Make it maybe a month before I tape out missing them

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658221 08/06/22 10:41 PM
C
ChrisB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
I hate it when it's just a starvation game. There was nothing for them to eat in the end.

Re: Alone [Re: BradyBuck] #8658240 08/06/22 11:04 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I do not like it when someone just gives up and tries to starve out the rest like Juan Pablo.

So I was pulling for Kari…

I liked the other guy but he’s a Dr. So he’ll be fine..

No way I could do it, I think there are a lot of people who think they could but there are very few who have that type of mental toughness.

Even if you have the skills, the fact you always have an out and your brain can make up any excuse to justify ending the hardship and suffering.

I would love to go do it for 2-3 weeks. Build a shelter, fire, secure drinking water/fire, hunt, fish and eat. Then go home….

That’s the thing for me. Having have way out would just tempt me, if I absolutely had to do it and had no other choice I think I could do it, but with that tap out button it would suck.

I fast every Monday and by the end of the day when hunger really sets it boy is it hard with a fridge full of groceries taunting me lol. One day of no food isn’t bad, but some of those people that go several days or even weeks without eating got some will power.

[Linked Image]

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658281 08/06/22 11:40 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I am a Texas Water Safari finisher. It is of course in no way anything like Alone, but the number one reason people drop out of that 260 mile marathon canoe race is purely mental. It is known as the toughest canoe race in the world. Lack of sleep, dehydration, burning muscle, hallucinating, eating nothing but energy bars and gel, sun sickness, inner fights within teams, and more. Those checkpoints late in the race are very tempting to just say F it and quit. It is like fighting an inner demon at times. Most racers do not finish, but IMO, most who drop out did have the physical ability to at least finish if they could have gotten through the mental battles. Now all we are fighting for in that race is the pride of winning or finishing and a patch. Not a half a million dollars and many get to see their loved ones at every checkpoint, its days not months, so that may not be a fair comparison. Still I have seen contestants in Alone that I also thought might could have won if they could have beaten the mental part of it.

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658282 08/06/22 11:42 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I could not do it for more than a few weeks. Mentally I would be wondering what’s going on back home and missing the family.

Love the show but a few things are working to their disadvantage….they have to abide by local game laws and seasons. This really turns the table on people being able to survive long term when they cannot kill a animal they have an opportunity at or need a second of.

Clay Hayes could have killed more deer but law prevented him from doing so.

Also, a person who is truly surviving would be mobile and migrate with the herds. You wouldn’t just stay in one spot

Re: Alone [Re: Sniper John] #8658292 08/06/22 11:59 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Sniper John
I am a Texas Water Safari finisher. It is of course in no way anything like Alone, but the number one reason people drop out of that 260 mile marathon canoe race is purely mental. It is known as the toughest canoe race in the world. Lack of sleep, dehydration, burning muscle, hallucinating, eating nothing but energy bars and gel, sun sickness, inner fights within teams, and more. Those checkpoints late in the race are very tempting to just say F it and quit. It is like fighting an inner demon at times. Most racers do not finish, but IMO, most who drop out did have the physical ability to at least finish if they could have gotten through the mental battles. Now all we are fighting for in that race is the pride of winning or finishing and a patch. Not a half a million dollars and many get to see their loved ones at every checkpoint, its days not months, so that may not be a fair comparison. Still I have seen contestants in Alone that I also thought might could have won if they could have beaten the mental part of it.

That’s a tough race John. Pretty cool to say you finished it. I’ve done some kayaking with a guy that did it once solo and missed one of the times.

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658317 08/07/22 12:30 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
I'd be ok till the snow began to fly, but no food after that.
Those are some tough people.

It would suck to know you finished second.

Re: Alone [Re: ducknbass] #8658321 08/07/22 12:36 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by ducknbass

That’s a tough race John. Pretty cool to say you finished it. I’ve done some kayaking with a guy that did it once solo and missed one of the times.

We finished a 75 hour race in the oldest heaviest boat in the race. 4th in novice and almost got 3rd. The third place novice crew passed us in the bay and had new found energy because they had been fighting and wanted to finish asap to get away from each other. We were unable to keep up with them. We got 2 hours sleep in the canoe the first night unplanned , 4 hours planned laying in wet cold grass the second night, and paddled strait through on the third night. I hallucinated river people during the latter stages. The third night we passed professional racers in race canoes who at the start of the race had looked at our canoe and told us we would never finish. We arrived at the seawall during the banquet. EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and ran to the seawall as we closed in. Everyone yelling and cheering, kids jumping in the water to swim out and greet us. All despite us being only the 36th boat in overall. It was the coolest moment.

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658358 08/07/22 01:24 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If ever you read the books written by the SEALs that have published books, it is all mental.

A whole lot of guys that earn the Trident don't look like anything special, physically. But in their minds, they cannot be broken. Throw in Rangers, Delta, Force Recon, P.J.'s, Snipers from every branch, and many others I am leaving out. Lots and lots of mental toughness across the board. Guys are forced to stop due to injuries many times. They are really hurt, but they won't quit. So a proctor has to step in and make them stop.

I tip my hat to all of them. They are a breed apart.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Alone [Re: Sniper John] #8658363 08/07/22 01:29 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ducknbass

We finished a 75 hour race in the oldest heaviest boat in the race. 4th in novice and almost got 3rd. The third place novice crew passed us in the bay and had new found energy because they had been fighting and wanted to finish asap to get away from each other. We were unable to keep up with them. We got 2 hours sleep in the canoe the first night unplanned , 4 hours planned laying in wet cold grass the second night, and paddled strait through on the third night. I hallucinated river people during the latter stages. The third night we passed professional racers in race canoes who at the start of the race had looked at our canoe and told us we would never finish. We arrived at the seawall during the banquet. EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and ran to the seawall as we closed in. Everyone yelling and cheering, kids jumping in the water to swim out and greet us. All despite us being only the 36th boat in overall. It was the coolest moment.

flehan

Re: Alone [Re: Sniper John] #8658366 08/07/22 01:30 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Is this the same race that a few years ago a dude died doing because he drank too much water? He was a member on TBH at the time. I just can’t remember if this was the same race or a different one.

🍻
Re: Alone [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8658382 08/07/22 01:49 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Thundervee

Is this the same race that a few years ago a dude died doing because he drank too much water? He was a member on TBH at the time. I just can’t remember if this was the same race or a different one.

That’s it.

Re: Alone [Re: Tbar] #8658946 08/07/22 11:32 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Watching the series now, seems like this season has a good group of people, no real turds in the bunch.

Really pulling for all of them, they all have unique stories regarding background and reason for being there

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide