Print Thread
30% Off Elk backpack #8657297 08/05/22 06:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Gohunt has 30% off
[Linked Image]

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8657323 08/05/22 07:12 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z
Thanks Bobo for spending my money smile ani

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8657332 08/05/22 07:25 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Yea, I spent almost 4K today, partially due to this forum. But I think the forum helped me get it right so I don’t keep throwing money at the issues.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: freerange] #8657337 08/05/22 07:32 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by freerange
Yea, I spent almost 4K today, partially due to this forum. But I think the forum helped me get it right so I don’t keep throwing money at the issues.

cheers

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: ZK-315] #8657342 08/05/22 07:33 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ZK-315
Thanks Bobo for spending my money smile ani

Ha, I try smile If you need anything in particular PM me and I’ll keep an eye out.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8657360 08/05/22 08:03 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z
I had a Metcalf I sold earlier this spring to give the Beartooth 80 a shot. Then you had to go an post that discount code. Got one ordered haha.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: ZK-315] #8657536 08/05/22 10:59 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
I had a Metcalf I sold earlier this spring to give the Beartooth 80 a shot. Then you had to go an post that discount code. Got one ordered haha.

Well if it makes you feel any better I’ve bought three pairs of random pants and returned them trying to find a substitute for my favorite discounted and discontinued Prana Zion’s

Just bought and returned a pair of outdoor vitals pants , that appeared to be a Kuiu/Zion combo knock off. They sucked.

I’m really at a lose

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8657679 08/06/22 01:54 AM
T
Theringworm Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Well if it makes you feel any better I’ve bought three pairs of random pants and returned them trying to find a substitute for my favorite discounted and discontinued Prana Zion’s

Just bought and returned a pair of outdoor vitals pants , that appeared to be a Kuiu/Zion combo knock off. They sucked.

I’m really at a lose

There is.currently no replacement for the Zion. Everything I have tried is either too thin/light of a material or too thick/heavy. Prana had a really great thing going.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8657776 08/06/22 03:17 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Did FR finally pull the trigger on some leicas? Or a scope? Or a barrel? Way too many options….

BOBO, it hurts going from a 50 dollar pair of good pants to over 100 for a so-so pair. Not a lot of options out there to take the zion’s place. I now have 2 pair of territorys, 2 pair satus, and 2 pair zions to play with. The stone glacier dehaviland pant looks promising but the price is steep! Haven’t punched that yet, not sure i will. But they seem similar to the kuiu attacks with a slightly different layout. Since i have a pair of attacks and a pair of axis pants from them, i am not sure i can justify the dehaviland pants until something breaks.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: Texas buckeye] #8657866 08/06/22 12:41 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Did FR finally pull the trigger on some leicas? Or a scope? Or a barrel? Way too many options….

BOBO, it hurts going from a 50 dollar pair of good pants to over 100 for a so-so pair. Not a lot of options out there to take the zion’s place. I now have 2 pair of territorys, 2 pair satus, and 2 pair zions to play with. The stone glacier dehaviland pant looks promising but the price is steep! Haven’t punched that yet, not sure i will. But they seem similar to the kuiu attacks with a slightly different layout. Since i have a pair of attacks and a pair of axis pants from them, i am not sure i can justify the dehaviland pants until something breaks.

The regular dehaviland pants are very thick. I have a pair for late season. I wore them last year on my Co Mule deer hunt. Great pant but very narrow temp range. I’d look at the ultra lights first.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: Theringworm] #8657873 08/06/22 12:58 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Theringworm

I’m really at a loss

There is.currently no replacement for the Zion. Everything I have tried is either too thin/light of a material or too thick/heavy. Prana had a really great thing going.

What I’m finding out, I get employee pricing on Prana, think last time I wore jeans was for a funeral. Really starting to stress, as Im wearing out my last few pants.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8660032 08/09/22 01:01 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z

I’m really at a lose

Ha. I hear that. I've been looking for something similar. I have a couple of pairs of attacks which i love, but they're a little warm until about late November / December here in Texas. I got a pair of Tiburon's last year but they had zero flex to them and didn't seem very durable, so off they went.
Have you tried the wrangler mens outdoor zip cargo pants from walmart? They are a decent cheaper option.

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: ZK-315] #8660406 08/09/22 11:34 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal

I’m really at a lose

Ha. I hear that. I've been looking for something similar. I have a couple of pairs of attacks which i love, but they're a little warm until about late November / December here in Texas. I got a pair of Tiburon's last year but they had zero flex to them and didn't seem very durable, so off they went.
Have you tried the wrangler mens outdoor zip cargo pants from walmart? They are a decent cheaper option.

No but I’m going to try them. Probably going to pick up a pair of the Kuiu Katana pants also

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8660456 08/10/22 12:48 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B

I’m really at a lose

They discontinued those pants? I would like to have a couple more ?

Re: 30% Off Elk backpack [Re: Brother in-law] #8660462 08/10/22 01:02 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

I’m really at a lose

They discontinued those pants? I would like to have a couple more ?

they came out with a Prana Zion 2.0 and the new one is crap.

With all the negative feedback I bet they eventually bring them back

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide