Page 1 of 2 1 2
Suppressor AGGRAVATION #8656020 08/04/22 04:21 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Finally, after starting this process in 2017, I have my free suppressor from the SiCo buy one get one free deal. Some of it was my fault as I didn’t have time in 2021 to go get fingerprinted or have a new picture, but that was after SiCo took over a year to produce the free suppressor and SWFA over a year to notify me they have it.

Fast forward to today, after picking up the free one, I call Scheels to ask about my free Octane 45. As luck would have it, they have no recollection of it. I called SiCo, they gave me the serial number, date shipped, and date received by Scheels. Called Scheels back, gave them the serial number… nothing. Great, here we go again. bang

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656070 08/04/22 11:50 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Dammit that sucks. You’ve had the worst luck with the BOGO I’d say don’t do it next year lol.

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656116 08/04/22 12:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
SWFA having ATF problems, this could be part of it. SWFA should have record of transfer to Scheels. Scheels should have record of receiving from SWFA.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: J.G.] #8656123 08/04/22 12:55 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by J.G.
SWFA having ATF problems, this could be part of it. SWFA should have record of transfer to Scheels. Scheels should have record of receiving from SWFA.

2 different suppressors. He got the one from SWFA then did the BOGO deal again for another free suppressor through Scheels. He’s a gluten for punishment rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656137 08/04/22 01:18 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Must be user error. confused2 Judd and I already have our BOGO suppressors from an order we did in December. up

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656148 08/04/22 01:31 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Been going on for a while.

Customer Frustrations: The SilencerCo BOGO Suppressor Deal

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/14/silencerco-bogo/

Make America Great Again

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BarneyWho] #8656156 08/04/22 01:38 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
Must be user error. confused2 Judd and I already have our BOGO suppressors from an order we did in December. up

You both have your original and BOGO? I have neither. I still haven't got my 4473 mailed back for my original - how did you get all that turnaround done so quickly?

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656160 08/04/22 01:42 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Silencer Central for my next one.

Sorry BigP for your troubles. hope they find it.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: patriot07] #8656229 08/04/22 02:54 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by patriot07

You both have your original and BOGO? I have neither. I still haven't got my 4473 mailed back for my original - how did you get all that turnaround done so quickly?

Man Judd and I quit kindergarten because of recess…….we don’t play!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656306 08/04/22 04:00 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Sorry for the hassle BigPig but I gotta know, how is it that a police officer doesn’t have time to get printed/pics? Is there a regulation against that?

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656347 08/04/22 04:40 PM
G
George S Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
It sounds like the people at Scheel's are dolts. Go there and demand that they locate the can or you are calling in the ATF for an audit.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: P_102] #8656809 08/05/22 01:39 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by P_102
Sorry for the hassle BigPig but I gotta know, how is it that a police officer doesn’t have time to get printed/pics? Is there a regulation against that?

We don’t finger print for the public. I usually have to go to one of the Ident places, which requires an appointment and I’m terrible about being able to plan more than 3 days in advance.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BarneyWho] #8656810 08/05/22 01:40 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

I bought mine 2 days before efile went active, so I’m playing the waiting game. confused2

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656822 08/05/22 01:51 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BigPig

We don’t finger print for the public. I usually have to go to one of the Ident places, which requires an appointment and I’m terrible about being able to plan more than 3 days in advance.

I roll my own finger prints. At least now you can do them digital for form 4’s but ignorantly you can’t for Form1’s which is why I haven’t SBR’d my Scorpion yet.

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: KRoyal] #8656831 08/05/22 01:58 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by KRoyal

I roll my own finger prints. At least now you can do them digital for form 4’s but ignorantly you can’t for Form1’s which is why I haven’t SBR’d my Scorpion yet.

BP is looked at same as us. He as to go through the same process we all do and it does not have to make sense is what I think P102 was touching on.

[Linked Image]
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8656889 08/05/22 02:42 AM
D
duckhunter76 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Finally, after starting this process in 2017, I have my free suppressor from the SiCo buy one get one free deal. Some of it was my fault as I didn’t have time in 2021 to go get fingerprinted or have a new picture, but that was after SiCo took over a year to produce the free suppressor and SWFA over a year to notify me they have it.

Fast forward to today, after picking up the free one, I call Scheels to ask about my free Octane 45. As luck would have it, they have no recollection of it. I called SiCo, they gave me the serial number, date shipped, and date received by Scheels. Called Scheels back, gave them the serial number… nothing. Great, here we go again. bang

Congratulations on finally getting yours, I probably will never see my BOGO from 2017. Crossfire Defense Flower Mound received it and went out of business without any notification. I finally tracked down David Vaught the failed owner of Crossfire defense in 2020. He sent me a pic of it telling me its in his personal safe he no longer has a FFL or SOT and cannot transfer it to a dealer. If he ever get back in the industry he will transfer it but until then I'm out of luck. The ATF told me "not their problem" SICO said it is not their problem also.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: duckhunter76] #8656896 08/05/22 02:50 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by duckhunter76

Congratulations on finally getting yours, I probably will never see my BOGO from 2017. Crossfire Defense Flower Mound received it and went out of business without any notification. I finally tracked down David Vaught the failed owner of Crossfire defense in 2020. He sent me a pic of it telling me its in his personal safe he no longer has a FFL or SOT and cannot transfer it to a dealer. If he ever get back in the industry he will transfer it but until then I'm out of luck. The ATF told me "not their problem" SICO said it is not their problem also.

Wow that is insane. I had on kind of like that. I did a website for a guy in return I got a suppressor. After a year and a half I finally got the suppressor and the owner asked me to bring every gun I’d put it on to check the threads. It actually fit on my 308 I was using it on. I let BigPig use it one night and it was no where close to fitting his threads. Morgan retreaded the suppressor for me, but I don’t use it much it’s a bad design and is no where near what my YHM 30 Phantom is sound suppression wise.

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: Bee'z] #8656899 08/05/22 02:52 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by 2Beez

BP is looked at same as us. He as to go through the same process we all do and it does not have to make sense is what I think P102 was touching on.

I know LEO’s are same as us. I’m saying I do my own finger prints. Got the dye and finger print cards in my safe. I’ve been arrested enough times I know how to do it rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: BigPig] #8657025 08/05/22 12:01 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
I got the email yesterday that my BOGO from November of 21 finally shipped to my FFL. Hoping I get the call early next week to go get it on eform.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: duckhunter76] #8657169 08/05/22 03:14 PM
G
George S Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G

If the former FFL transferred it to himself via a Form 4, he stole your can, i.e., theft. He can certainly transfer it you via Form 4 as an individual.

If he just took it while it was on a Form 3, I believe that he is in illegal possession of the can, i.e., a federal rap.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: duckhunter76] #8657266 08/05/22 05:50 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

I'd be contacting a lawyer and starting with a letter and moving onward from there.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: patriot07] #8657289 08/05/22 06:18 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

I'd be contacting a lawyer and starting with a letter and moving onward from there.

Agreed, I'm not sure how the ATF can say its not their problem. This is one of very few cases the ATF is actually needed LOL.

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: KRoyal] #8657471 08/05/22 09:54 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O

Agreed, I'm not sure how the ATF can say its not their problem. This is one of very few cases the ATF is actually needed LOL.

Wait, you think they'd actually help a lowly citizen? Lol

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: George S] #8664830 08/15/22 02:44 PM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by George S
It sounds like the people at Scheel's are dolts. Go there and demand that they locate the can or you are calling in the ATF for an audit.

Yeah... You can't just "call in the ATF for an audit" that's not how any of this works. roflmao

YOU (meaning you personally) can report whatever supposed malfeasance you want by a dealer and it almost certainly will NOT result in an audit. In fact, the ATF will PROBABLY act very polite and act like they care while they stare at the ceiling as they're on the phone with you, then do absolutely nothing.

Re: Suppressor AGGRAVATION [Re: George S] #8664843 08/15/22 02:53 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by George S

If he just took it while it was on a Form 3, I believe that he is in illegal possession of the can, i.e., a federal rap.

You're not exactly correct. Depends if his business was a Dba or an LLC. Dba can sign them out of their A&D book without going on 4473 or a Form 4. LLC on the other hand...4473 and a Form 4 is required.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide