Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Paluxy] #8657080 08/05/22 01:19 PM
P
PigMoney Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
I haven't bought a vehicle from a dealership since a bad experience at Lawrence Hall Abilene in 2009.

My vehicle purchases are all private sales now. Dealerships are a scam and you're not going to convince me any other way. BUT, I did help my wife purchase her Jeep in April of 2020 in the height of the pandemic. We drove 3 hrs to Arlington, no test drive but a 30 day no questions asked grace period when we could return it, and all the paperwork was laid out on a table and the salesman stayed 20' away as I signed all documents. Literally out of there in 5 minutes (had my own financing from credit union so just signed all the purchase agreement stuff). I actually preferred the way of buying. I've never understood why we even have dealerships anymore. Just tell me the bottom line and I'll either pay or look elsewhere.

Last edited by PigMoney; 08/05/22 01:20 PM.

“We don’t rent pigs!”- Hat Creek Cattle Company
Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: PigMoney] #8657110 08/05/22 01:47 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by PigMoney
I haven't bought a vehicle from a dealership since a bad experience at Lawrence Hall Abilene in 2009.

My vehicle purchases are all private sales now. Dealerships are a scam and you're not going to convince me any other way. BUT, I did help my wife purchase her Jeep in April of 2020 in the height of the pandemic. We drove 3 hrs to Arlington, no test drive but a 30 day no questions asked grace period when we could return it, and all the paperwork was laid out on a table and the salesman stayed 20' away as I signed all documents. Literally out of there in 5 minutes (had my own financing from credit union so just signed all the purchase agreement stuff). I actually preferred the way of buying. I've never understood why we even have dealerships anymore. Just tell me the bottom line and I'll either pay or look elsewhere.

^ This!

Can't stand them either. I'm an educated consumer so I do my research a head of time. Not a fan of all the dealer add like tinted windows or nitrogen in tires. What a joke. Take it out an put regular compressed in.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Creekrunner] #8657203 08/05/22 03:58 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I too have yelled at a finance person in the middle of the showroom floor. Cash deal. It's incredible the games and theatrics they go through. Like no other business on the planet. I'd rather have an enema.

I’d rather go to the dentist than buy a new car or truck.

Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Paluxy] #8657302 08/05/22 06:33 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We always know what we want or looking for and Buy mine over the phone.. They give me a price, send it (email) , If it sounds and looks good, I have them fill out all paper work,, go in and sign, Out in 20 or 30 minutes. Been that way on the last 10 or so I've bought. No hassles. If i have a trade, take it in and leave after they look/drive it and do it over phone and email. Don't hang around in the Stealership. Have bought 9 or 10 in the last 20 years.

Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Paluxy] #8657310 08/05/22 06:53 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
I walked out of the Grapevine Ford F&I manager's office when they said they could not remove the inventory fee ($~700) from an Expedition I was buying. My wife was astounded that we were actually walking out and I said we'll get the exact same vehicle at Park Cities Ford. We barely turned out of the parking lot when the GM called me and said they'd remove that fee if I'd come back.

Total PITA because I was a cash buyer and they refused to make it easy on me to get out of there in a timely manner. In the end got the vehicle for $12k under sticker with rebates and all, so happy in that regard. But, I wouldn't shop with them again. They aren't professional. Sewell in DFW really is a customer focused all the way around, but more expensive.

Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Gringo Bling] #8657315 08/05/22 07:00 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
I walked out of the Grapevine Ford F&I manager's office when they said they could not remove the inventory fee ($~700) from an Expedition I was buying. My wife was astounded that we were actually walking out and I said we'll get the exact same vehicle at Park Cities Ford. We barely turned out of the parking lot when the GM called me and said they'd remove that fee if I'd come back.

Total PITA because I was a cash buyer and they refused to make it easy on me to get out of there in a timely manner. In the end got the vehicle for $12k under sticker with rebates and all, so happy in that regard. But, I wouldn't shop with them again. They aren't professional. Sewell in DFW really is a customer focused all the way around, but more expensive.

I via walked out of grapevine three times over last 12 years. Literally to have them call me as I was signing papers at another dealer. Twice was because of Add-on bump your rate office.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Paluxy] #8657344 08/05/22 07:36 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Bought my daughter a Hyundai a few months ago and the whole process was a nightmare. No inventory anywhere around Houston and the dealerships were basically, this is MSRP, this is our 2K - 5K dealer add-on over MSRP, take it or leave it. The Big Star Hyundai stealership down in Clear Lake was flat out dishonest and I told the sales guy that. Their website had you put in your trade-in details and they gave you an instant quote for the car. I had a low mileage trade that was in excellent condition. Their website valued it at 12K in fair/poor condition. I got to the dealership and they only offered 6K. They wouldn't even match a Carmax quote for 9500. The sales guy hemmed and hawed when I pressed him on the difference and when I told him their bait and switch was flat out BS. He kept trying to say, well KBB only says your trade is worth this. We can't go higher than KBB. I said fine, if KBB is the pricing standard, KBB says your new car is only worth 90% of MSRP; not 10K over it. I I took my checkbook out and told the guy I will write you a check right now for MSRP with no trade, or MSRP-10K with the trade. He said sorry, price is MSRP + TTL + our 3K Big Star stealership package. If you don't like it, we'll sell it to someone else tomorrow. I got up, walked out, and never heard from them again.

Ended up buying a used Hyundai at another dealership.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Car/Truck Dealerships [Re: Paluxy] #8657425 08/05/22 09:15 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
gtrich94, just FYI, always treat the trade-in and the purchase of the new vehicle as two distinct transactions. Every single dealer will lump them together as one transaction. "Well, if I give you $2k more for your trade, I'm going to have to charge you $2k more on the new vehicle." Always negotiate a trade value and new selling price separately. You have to be firm. I had this happen at Uptown CDJR next to Love Field with a Suburban as a trade-in and I told them I'll just sell to Carmax instead. Crazy thing is, they didn't budge, so I sold the Suburban trade-in to Carmax in Irving.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide