Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Aziak vs RRS cinch #8648815 07/25/22 09:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
So there was a tiny itty bitty debate on which Bino adaptor was the best for glassing off a tripod. DStroud introduced a contender, that I hadn’t seen so…

So I now own both.

First review RRS cinch-$45
I’ve used RRS cinch now for over a year.
Cheap, light, adjustable and easy to change to any position or options you want. Base fits arca attachment well. The fluid head doesn’t need a lot of tighting due to width of base. If you have smaller enclose bino harness, it takes two second to move it up the barrel of the Bino’s if need be. But that’s also con, being it may need to be moved up.

So pro’s
One size fits all-works with all types of binos and combo units
Easy adjustment, not only for different bino barrel sizes but position(if a little off center, it takes two seconds to re-adjust).
Has More material from arca base then azaik(less tension needed to steady)
Robust and beefy

Cons-
Can be too bulking for some enclosed bino harnesses and may need to be moved up the barrel To accommodate(two second fix)
Weights a touch more the Aziak(if you are literally an ounce counter)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Next up Aziak. 36.99

I honestly didn’t think I would like it when I saw it. But for same cost as RRS, I figured why not. I was surprised. My biggest concern was lack of acra base size. I felt the little footprint would have lots of play, in in a tripod head. It had some but not enough to really worry about,

Pluses:
It’s a poly material not aluminum(plus in my mind). Poly type material isnt affected by elements as much and has a little more give when sliding into an aluminum base.
Small foot print, more stream line the Cinch.
If your Bino’s fit the harness then this will fit too. No second thought or need to adjust.
Attach and forget
Will work with all types of Bino’s and combo units

Cons-
Not one size all. Barrel/model specific
Once on its on- you will need an Allen wrench to change position or location
This is a just a guess but being it’s not as robust, durablity MAY be less then cinch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All and all don’t think you can go wrong with either. DStroud thank you for the recommend.

If you want a one device multi bino adaptor go cinch(run 10x then change over to 15x’s in 4 seconds)
You want least intrusive, ultra ultra light, set and forget go Aziak

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8648825 07/25/22 09:41 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks. I got the cinch other day after seeing both kinds from DStrouds. It seems “good enough” for me. I wish it was a hair bigger and I could use on my big camera. Maybe tweak it and apply some duct tape…..

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8648861 07/25/22 10:06 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by freerange
Thanks. I got the cinch other day after seeing both kinds from DStrouds. It seems “good enough” for me. I wish it was a hair bigger and I could use on my big camera. Maybe tweak it and apply some duct tape…..

Does your camera have a screw hole in the bottom?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8648903 07/25/22 10:49 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Yes it does but it is under the bottom of the camera body. It’s a huge zoom(125x) so when it goes out the pivot point is far to the front so it’s not stable at the intended place. With a little ingenuity and duct tape (Hud tape) it works. But the tape isn’t taught so it’s not entirely stable.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8648927 07/25/22 11:12 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Yes it does but it is under the bottom of the camera body. It’s a huge zoom(125x) so when it goes out the pivot point is far to the front so it’s not stable at the intended place. With a little ingenuity and duct tape (Hud tape) it works. But the tape isn’t taught so it’s not entirely stable.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You just need a longer plate to balance. See below or just google “long arca plate”

https://www.amazon.com/HITHUT-Unive...hy=9027222&hvtargid=pla-664342297138

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8648941 07/25/22 11:26 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Bobo that’s great. I keep reinventing the wheel with baling wire and duct tape and it usually works ok. But as I keep forgetting-anything you want is out there if you know where to look. Internet research comes slowly for some of us olds.
THF comes through again. Can’t quite picture it on the cam but I guess it will work.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8648987 07/26/22 12:13 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Bobo that’s great. I keep reinventing the wheel with baling wire and duct tape and it usually works ok. But as I keep forgetting-anything you want is out there if you know where to look. Internet research comes slowly for some of us olds.
THF comes through again. Can’t quite picture it on the cam but I guess it will work.

Same principle you have going now but stiffer. The screw at the base of the camera(one you have the thin metal tied too) attaches the longer rail to it.

Same premise for the ultra large spotting scope(95-115mm)

Called long rail or balance rail

[Linked Image]

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8648994 07/26/22 12:21 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
This is good info!

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649025 07/26/22 12:58 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im about to order that balance rail thingy. It looks like its designed for the tripod head to attach direct to the rail. Mine wont do that. Ill have to use the rail like I did the metal strip and put a bolt down away from camera and attach my quick detach plate. Then that will attach to the tripod head. If it doesnt work theres always duct tape. Ill have to order the 5.6" one. Thanks Bobo.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8649038 07/26/22 01:08 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Im about to order that balance rail thingy. It looks like its designed for the tripod head to attach direct to the rail. Mine wont do that. Ill have to use the rail like I did the metal strip and put a bolt down away from camera and attach my quick detach plate. Then that will attach to the tripod head. If it doesnt work theres always duct tape. Ill have to order the 5.6" one. Thanks Bobo.

It’s just a long quick connect plate, that’s basically what it is. Check the width on you current connect plate. Not all arca Swiss plates are exact same size but they are close.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649054 07/26/22 01:27 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
For me it’s not just width but length and width. 1 5/8” squared.
It’s not like a slip and slide you can go back and forth on. My male has to go in the female just right……
edit...fyi, the one on the cinch fits my tripod head(not exactly but it works.)
[Linked Image]

Last edited by freerange; 07/26/22 01:34 AM.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8649066 07/26/22 01:44 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
For me it’s not just width but length and width. 1 5/8” squared.
It’s not like a slip and slide you can go back and forth on. My male has to go in the female just right……
edit...fyi, the one on the cinch fits my tripod head(not exactly but it works.)
[Linked Image]

Ohhhh. I got it now. Your head is not open all they way through like mine are

[Linked Image]

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649070 07/26/22 01:49 AM
M
MacDaddy21 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Bobo, have you tried the OutdooIrsmans Binocular Adapter and stud? That's my favorite way to attach binos to a tripod. Zero bulk added to the binos so no interference with a bino harness.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649083 07/26/22 01:59 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Bobo, like most of my hunting stuff, I’ve had this tripod setup for decades so never knew any different. I can make the rail work with mine.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649127 07/26/22 03:04 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
BOBO, is your tripod a sirui as well?
I am looking at a combo sirui traveller VC with the VA-5 head. Good price on a conbo on amazon right now. Total weight is 3+ lbs so very portable but reviews well.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: MacDaddy21] #8649130 07/26/22 03:12 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by MacDaddy21
Bobo, have you tried the OutdooIrsmans Binocular Adapter and stud? That's my favorite way to attach binos to a tripod. Zero bulk added to the binos so no interference with a bino harness.

Yes and some how lost the post after it came of the arca plate in a middle of a hunt. Before that incident I had a pin come out of the bridge of my Bino’s(think that was vortex pin), I ran one(outdoors man and vortex) for about 12 plus years. It’s a good product just to many parts for me now. I switched to the bog BBR Binocular Rest for a while, but it’s pretty heavy. Found cinch beginning last year and used it for 3 mule deer, and an elk hunt. So 30-40 days solid glassing. Very very happy with it.

The cinch or the Aziak IMO is a lot simpler with less moving parts to loose or put up/get out. With either the cinch or Aziak, it’s just like a spotting scope with plate attached. You hardly notice it’s there and don’t have to take any thing on or off every time you want to glass. You flawlessly move from sliding bino in/out, to moving spotter in/out then move to rifle in/out.

Like I said is not that the outdoorsmen is a bad product, it and the vortex posts just have a lot more moving parts and aren’t as adaptable or universal (ranging bino or non/ hinged bino).

Now if you glass a lot out of a utv(like flip open the window and start glassing, The bod pod sticks with the bbr rest is super quick and efficient. Just make sure you preset your stick height

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: Texas buckeye] #8649133 07/26/22 03:35 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
BOBO, is your tripod a sirui as well?
I am looking at a combo sirui traveller VC with the VA-5 head. Good price on a conbo on amazon right now. Total weight is 3+ lbs so very portable but reviews well.

No I have a couple tripods (Artcise, bog pod, vanguard, vortex and silk). As far as heads I have one ball head that might be an old vortex(it’s very light duty) and two sirui va-5 heads. I’ve tried to move to all sirui a
Arca Swiss plates style heads so everything is universal. Va-5 is the best weight to performance to budget option ive found in my opinion.

You can definitely tell the difference in carbon tripods from like 2vets or RRS then the others, just like Outdoorsmen is why higher end then Vanguard on aluminum. I just haven’t needed the performance to weight to cost formula yet.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649160 07/26/22 04:54 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Pulled the trigger on the sirui combo. Thanks for opening that can of worms for me cheers

Thats not true at all. been eyeing something for a while and your (and several others) input convinced me this isnt rocket science. Will see how that combo works out. Gotta go get an adapter for my old school cortex talons….not stepping up that game just yet.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649406 07/26/22 03:46 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Universal, interchangeable, flexibility is what it’s about for me. I use the same tripod plate for multiple cameras, spotter and binos and leave them on. Then I have multiple tripod heads they all attach to. Definitely the tripod but other uses for multiple applications. I have C clamps that I had rigged up to except separate tripod heads that I attach to 3 windows in blind. I can quick detach cameras and spotter from window to window in seconds. I also have pvc attached to each side of tripod and then attach tripod head to monopod and it slides into pvc and once again quick detach any optic. The C clamps can work on parts of a vehicle etc.
It’s all about speed and ease of function.
I would include pic of the cinch which is interchangeable with the quick detach system but after just a week it is lost!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649411 07/26/22 03:56 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I hope that didn’t seem off topic. I was showing how the cinch can be used in multiple applications in a quick detach system. Whether it’s cinch or whatever, it’s the universal switching out that keeps the stuff being used instead of staying in a gear bag or closet.
Hard to see but this is the pvc attached to tripod that excepts my monopod which had the same tripod head that works with cinch and my other optic plates.
Attached with a small radiator hose clamp, but added duct tape just to make sure(and to keep Hud on his toes.)
[Linked Image]

Last edited by freerange; 07/26/22 03:58 PM.

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: freerange] #8649421 07/26/22 04:13 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Universal, interchangeable, flexibility is what it’s about for me. I use the same tripod plate for multiple cameras, spotter and binos and leave them on. Then I have multiple tripod heads they all attach to. Definitely the tripod but other uses for multiple applications. I have C clamps that I had rigged up to except separate tripod heads that I attach to 3 windows in blind. I can quick detach cameras and spotter from window to window in seconds. I also have pvc attached to each side of tripod and then attach tripod head to monopod and it slides into pvc and once again quick detach any optic. The C clamps can work on parts of a vehicle etc.
It’s all about speed and ease of function.
I would include pic of the cinch which is interchangeable with the quick detach system but after just a week it is lost!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Love it!!!

Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8649799 07/27/22 01:54 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Good info, thanks Bobo!

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8650315 07/27/22 09:24 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Just to make sure we covered this thoroughly here is another new bino holder for those that like The Outdoorsman style.

https://tricerusa.com/collections/frontpage/products/gtp-bs

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Aziak vs RRS cinch [Re: DStroud] #8650438 07/27/22 11:49 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by DStroud
Just to make sure we covered this thoroughly here is another new bino holder for those that like The Outdoorsman style.

https://tricerusa.com/collections/frontpage/products/gtp-bs

These types of bino adapters will work well for modern binos with a single hub central hinge. But my old school binos don’t have the ability to use an adapter like that so something like the RRS or Aziak cinch would be necessary.

Vortex Talon HD. Great glass for their price, not sure why they got rid of them. Don’t plan to get rid of them for now

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide