Print Thread
Western States Draw Hunts #8631031 06/29/22 03:37 PM
B
Blank Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
B
AZ completed and started charging credit cards yesterday. Idaho finished their's last night and posted on the website. Idaho started sending out emails this morning. Good luck to everyone who applied.

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: Western States Draw Hunts [Re: Blank] #8631061 06/29/22 04:28 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Blank
AZ completed and started charging credit cards yesterday. Idaho finished their's last night and posted on the website. Idaho started sending out emails this morning. Good luck to everyone who applied.

It’s been a depressing year.

I think I only have TX left, out side of raffle/super tags/silver etc

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Western States Draw Hunts [Re: Blank] #8631626 06/30/22 12:21 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
I thought it would end up a depressing year until the Colorado and Wyoming draws came out. I ended up with elk tags in Colorado and Arizona and a Wyoming Pronghorn. Didn’t draw deer or sheep in AZ, but that’s not surprising with the units I chose.

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Western States Draw Hunts [Re: Fitzwho] #8631826 06/30/22 04:27 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Fitzwho
I thought it would end up a depressing year until the Colorado and Wyoming draws came out. I ended up with elk tags in Colorado and Arizona and a Wyoming Pronghorn. Didn’t draw deer or sheep in AZ, but that’s not surprising with the units I chose.

Congrats on the pick up

Picked up LO archery tag in CO, OTC bear tag in NM and will probably grab an OTC archery pronghorn tag in Okla depending on how my bear hunt goes. May try for OTC Jan AZ hunt

What AZ unit did you draw?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Western States Draw Hunts [Re: Blank] #8631981 06/30/22 08:03 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
3-B. Not a top end unit by any means, it's thick and hard to glass, hasn't had a burn to open any of it up. Have spent a little time there running around Show Low, so I am familiar with the unit. I'll probably pick up an AZ lion tag ($75) and a Colorado bear tag ($100) for pocket tags on both my elk hunts.

Colorado's archery pronghorn tags are OTC as well. All the better hunts in the Secondary draw will most likely be given to youth hunters (as they have preference in this draw), but there are some hunts on there that could be worth a look.

Be careful trying to plan on the January OTC deer hunts, my guess is that most of the units will be closed by January since they went to a quota for the OTC archery deer hunts. I would look hard at the August season if you plan on hunting AZ OTC Archery, at least until they go all draw in a couple years. The couple units that are still open in January will likely be crawling with hunters.

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Western States Draw Hunts [Re: Fitzwho] #8632004 06/30/22 08:43 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Fitzwho
3-B. Not a top end unit by any means, it's thick and hard to glass, hasn't had a burn to open any of it up. Have spent a little time there running around Show Low, so I am familiar with the unit. I'll probably pick up an AZ lion tag ($75) and a Colorado bear tag ($100) for pocket tags on both my elk hunts.

Colorado's archery pronghorn tags are OTC as well. All the better hunts in the Secondary draw will most likely be given to youth hunters (as they have preference in this draw), but there are some hunts on there that could be worth a look.

Be careful trying to plan on the January OTC deer hunts, my guess is that most of the units will be closed by January since they went to a quota for the OTC archery deer hunts. I would look hard at the August season if you plan on hunting AZ OTC Archery, at least until they go all draw in a couple years. The couple units that are still open in January will likely be crawling with hunters.

Still an AZ tag.

I know on the quota , it would be spur of moment regardless. First year in a long time and I havent drawn a Jan NM tag

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide