Print Thread
Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training #8621243 06/15/22 11:15 PM
B
Bryan C. Heimann Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Jocko nailed it. I give this podcast my highest recommendation. And especially this episode.

https://youtu.be/a0OXa02j6dE

Regular Guy/regularguy11B/ laid over
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8621246 06/15/22 11:20 PM
P
procraft05 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
The greatest leader I’ve ever met

He said once, he’d run for office if he believed we as a country needed it

We need him to run.

He’s legit

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8622299 06/17/22 02:46 AM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
I sure hope somebody made time to listen to this.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8622305 06/17/22 02:56 AM
HoneyBeez Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I did and he nailed it. Hard to argue with anything he said.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8622311 06/17/22 03:01 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I will finish tomorrow afternoon.

If you can't bedazzle them with your intelligence, just baffle them with B.S.
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8622314 06/17/22 03:07 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Profound...

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8623781 06/19/22 04:32 PM
T
Tortoise2187 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
It's queued up, just waiting on time to listen

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8623796 06/19/22 05:01 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I heard that the shooter fired 140 rounds.

NO excuses.

[Linked Image]

“What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job!” – George Carlin
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8623828 06/19/22 06:20 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
His comments are from a warriors perspective and are absolutely correct. He also points out that it takes extensive training for many to have the mindset to face eminent danger. Unfortunately many LEO’s don’t have the warrior mindset and aren’t sufficiently trained to overcome their fears. To many it’s just a good job that provides what they need for themselves and their family. I would be willing to bet that the average LEO gets their initial training on Active Shooter Response in the Academy or one time in service then doesn’t receive additional training unless there are mandated updates to the protocol. Training of this nature needs to be interactive , force on force, not just classroom/ lectures. Most politicians and administrators have not been willing to bare the cost on a department wide scale. This needs to change!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: reeltexan] #8623837 06/19/22 06:38 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by reeltexan

NO excuses.

That's just it...they (on scene bunch) are full of nothing but excuses!

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: The Dude Abides] #8623849 06/19/22 07:16 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted by reeltexan

NO excuses.

That's just it...they (on scene bunch) are full of nothing but excuses!

And the story just keeps getting worse as the days go by.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: JimBridger] #8624320 06/20/22 03:13 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Pappybear
His comments are from a warriors perspective and are absolutely correct. He also points out that it takes extensive training for many to have the mindset to face eminent danger. Unfortunately many LEO’s don’t have the warrior mindset and aren’t sufficiently trained to overcome their fears. To many it’s just a good job that provides what they need for themselves and their family. I would be willing to bet that the average LEO gets their initial training on Active Shooter Response in the Academy or one time in service then doesn’t receive additional training unless there are mandated updates to the protocol. Training of this nature needs to be interactive , force on force, not just classroom/ lectures. Most politicians and administrators have not been willing to bare the cost on a department wide scale. This needs to change!

I believe this is exactly right when it comes to the LOE side of things. Not sure about on the soldier side but I can say that even at large PDs they do not train or even SHOOT on a regular basis nearly ENOUGH. Hell, my son has told me that it is downright scary watching most LEOs that came out to the shooting range to shoot. He said that many can't hold even a decent group on a silhouette target from minimal range shooting slowly. Now, if they can't do that how are they expected to perform when they have to under extreme pressure.
I've been told that the departments only pay for very, very little ammo for officers to even shoot their damn weapons to become proficient much less shoot enough so that they can use their weapons instinctively if that bad situation that none of them wants comes to be.

I liked this guys point when he said would you rather have 8 cops show up in a very bad situation that are well trained or 10 that are not trained worth a damn!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8624342 06/20/22 03:35 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by Pappybear

I believe this is exactly right when it comes to the LOE side of things. Not sure about on the soldier side but I can say that even at large PDs they do not train or even SHOOT on a regular basis nearly ENOUGH. Hell, my son has told me that it is downright scary watching most LEOs that came out to the shooting range to shoot. He said that many can't hold even a decent group on a silhouette target from minimal range shooting slowly. Now, if they can't do that how are they expected to perform when they have to under extreme pressure.
I've been told that the departments only pay for very, very little ammo for officers to even shoot their damn weapons to become proficient much less shoot enough so that they can use their weapons instinctively if that bad situation that none of them wants comes to be.

I liked this guys point when he said would you rather have 8 cops show up in a very bad situation that are well trained or 10 that are not trained worth a damn!

Your son is100% correct.
Politicians and administrators are great at blaming others for their actions. They are not good at providing the line officers the training to preform the tasks that the public expects. The high expectations are too often created by TV shows and movies.
True professionals like Jacko seek to fix the problem not look for someone to blame.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8624353 06/20/22 03:51 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
All it takes is alot of money

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: HoneyBeez] #8624437 06/20/22 05:57 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by 2Beez
I did and he nailed it. Hard to argue with anything he said.

Agreed.

Hopefully some folks that need to hear this will hear it and
take his advice

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8624449 06/20/22 06:25 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Maybe, just maybe...we can free up some up some of the $$$ billions that we give foreign countries and use it for situations like this. Never mind, I'm expecting too much common sense.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8624471 06/20/22 06:51 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
We used to do some pretty rediculous training.I’ve burned over 5k rounds in a week, making every round count, no full auto fire. Plus some pistol and shotgun range time. But those kinds of ranges were very rare.

What makes a good unit is good subordinate leaders, with good time management. The greatest bulk of our training came from team leaders and squad leaders giving hip pocket classes and running through battle drills with weapons dry firing. Practicing mag changes, all that stuff. Building mock flex linear charges, with a jump rope or 550 cord, stuff like that.

The big ranges, big training missions, that’s not the training it’s the test. Everything is learned in spare time, which here was not very much of. You spend most of your time doing stupid s**t. Things officers dream up or CSM and 1SG. Plus yard work, etc. And a whole lot of maintainsnce of equipment.

They don’t need a big training budget they just need a couple of infantry team leaders, and a good attitude and a little motivation.

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 06/20/22 06:53 PM.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8624478 06/20/22 06:58 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 06/20/22 07:29 PM.

Re: Jocko Willink on Uvalde and law enforcement/training [Re: Bryan C. Heimann] #8624616 06/20/22 10:56 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Rediculous probably isn’t the right word. It was good. This is not SOF either. Airborne infantry.

The resources have always been there. I’ve done stuff with police. Even did a range run by police and it was really good.

So much available, few police departments take advantage.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide