Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618861 06/13/22 12:01 AM
R
R83steve Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
What determines competency? I’m not talking about a real psychiatric problem, I’m talking about folks that may not have the same view as others. Like the other thread talking about the white Christian nationalist that were arrested for intent to disturb a riot in Idaho?

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: R83steve] #8618866 06/13/22 12:08 AM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by R83steve
What determines competency? I’m not talking about a real psychiatric problem, I’m talking about folks that may not have the same view as others. Like the other thread talking about the white Christian nationalist that were arrested for intent to disturb a riot in Idaho?

You better be able to sue the life out of any SOB that turns someone in because they want to get even or were mad at someone. realmad

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sailor] #8618869 06/13/22 12:13 AM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Sailor
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989
Roughly 35 million dollars from the NRA to the 10 Senators who drew this garbage up on the Republican sides. Romney the highest at over 13 million alone. Seems the NRA has been duped.

https://elections.bradyunited.org/t...HsOOo-AIVZmxvBB1ECAs1EAAYASAAEgJef_D_BwE

They ain't been duped... The NRA, has become just another money generating scam.
They're part of the problem... If you think, they have your 2nd ammendement gun rights
as their first interest. You just ain't been paying attention...

This...100 f*cking percent! Pay attention NRA kool-aid drinkers. This man speaks the truth.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Texas Dan] #8618891 06/13/22 12:38 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Firearms, magazines, and ammo were left alone and the focus put on where it should be, messed up people and kids who really shouldn't have access to a firearm. There are no silver bullets but this will likely prove firearms were never the source of the problem.

Has no impact on adults and kids who keep their nose clean at home, work, and school.

How can you say that??? At 18 you are considered an "adult". But under this proposed new law they cant buy firearms? You would think if you were an adult in the eyes of the law then you would have full Constitutional rights. But I guess all adults are not created equal under our new Constitution.
hammer

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JCB] #8618895 06/13/22 12:41 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JCB
Firearms, magazines, and ammo were left alone and the focus put on where it should be, messed up people and kids who really shouldn't have access to a firearm. There are no silver bullets but this will likely prove firearms were never the source of the problem.

Has no impact on adults and kids who keep their nose clean at home, work, and school.

How can you say that??? At 18 you are considered an "adult". But under this proposed new law they cant buy firearms? You would think if you were an adult in the eyes of the law then you would have full Constitutional rights. But I guess all adults are not created equal under our new Constitution.
hammer

18 yo can still buy firearms with this change. It's just that any juvenile record is included in the check.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618897 06/13/22 12:43 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

18 yo can still buy firearms with this change. It's just that any juvenile record is included in the check.

I see. Still not a fan. I thought they were moving the age of purchase to 21 like they were trying to do all along.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JCB] #8618899 06/13/22 12:44 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

I see. Still not a fan. I thought they were moving the age of purchase to 21 like they were trying to do all along.

They knew that had no chance, just like banning AR's.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618901 06/13/22 12:48 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yeah, go ahead and give them that. That will not only solve gun crimes, but it will also satisfy their urge to remove all guns from the public.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JCB] #8618902 06/13/22 12:49 AM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

At 17 in Texas you are considered an adult.

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: luv2brode] #8618905 06/13/22 12:51 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by luv2brode
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

You still need a parent to sign you up for the military at 17.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8618906 06/13/22 12:52 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Yeah, go ahead and give them that. That will not only solve gun crimes, but it will also satisfy their urge to remove all guns from the public.

You being serious? confused2

🍻
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: luv2brode] #8618909 06/13/22 12:56 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

That requires a court to grant emancipation though doesnt it? Its my understanding that age 18 is the threshold without court proceedings. I know you are probably in a better position of understanding the law than I am though.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618918 06/13/22 01:06 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Congress did not want deal with the issues. This will encourage some states to add additional restrictions.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618928 06/13/22 01:23 AM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
Allen West for senate the next time Cornyn's term is up.

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: RayB] #8618931 06/13/22 01:26 AM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RayB

^^^^^ 100%^^^^^

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: dogcatcher] #8618932 06/13/22 01:28 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Congress did not want deal with the issues. This will encourage some states to add additional restrictions.

Have you seen New York laws on possessing and carrying firearms? The second amendment has already been destroyed in some states, yet they still have some of the highest firearms crimes. Just goes to show when firearms are prohibited, only criminals will have them.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: CoyoteHill] #8618952 06/13/22 01:50 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
Originally Posted by RayB

^^^^^ 100%^^^^^

flag texas

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JCB] #8618954 06/13/22 01:50 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by JCB

hammer

That requires a court to grant emancipation though doesnt it? Its my understanding that age 18 is the threshold without court proceedings. I know you are probably in a better position of understanding the law than I am though.

Your understanding is correct. The age of Majority in Texas IS 18. But with a court granted emancipation it can be 17 yrs. old (even 16 under certain conditions).

https://www.findlaw.com/state/texas-law/texas-legal-ages-laws.html

Last edited by flintknapper; 06/13/22 01:51 AM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8619051 06/13/22 09:04 AM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
No. No more compromises. We’ve made for too many, already.

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8619052 06/13/22 09:28 AM
Chickenman Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Extremely Right Wing
No. No more compromises. We’ve made for too many, already.

If I was to compromise, which rights would I get back in return?

[Linked Image]
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8619066 06/13/22 10:42 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Thundervee

You know better than that.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8619070 06/13/22 11:08 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Thundervee

You know better than that.

Yes, yes I do. Forgive me roflmao

🍻
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8619118 06/13/22 12:49 PM
fredwright3 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8619119 06/13/22 12:50 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
New laws won't matter and they won't help. This is just a further erosion of our freedoms. The GOP who signed this are scum.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8619134 06/13/22 01:05 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I've been on a weekend long fishing trip with my son, and have been busy at work, so I have listened to/read zero news in the last 5 days. So, I have no idea what is in this law except for what was in the thread. Red flag laws sound good on paper...except that there is too much opportunity for abuse, and little to no due process. I can understand being upset about that part. But Juvenile records being included in the background check for 18-21 years olds does not sound like a bad thing at all. If you have been a total POS from age 15-18, then on your 18th birthday, because you suddenly have a clean adult record, should you be able to purchase a gun? Now, if said POS cleans up his act as an adult, and has no more issues with the law from 18 -21. that adult would then be able to purchase a firearm. Is there something else in this law that I am missing? What is wrong with the Juvi record part of it?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide