Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bipartisan Gun deal struck #8618483 06/12/22 05:10 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Seems they reached a deal. 18-21 year olds get expanded background checks to include juvenile records and states can enact Red Flag laws with a judge determining outcome. I could live with that, especially since the Red Flag laws would probably be struck down. What say THF?

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618501 06/12/22 05:32 PM
B
bjh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Will you agree with the next 20+ deals they make? eek2

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618503 06/12/22 05:34 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
No. No more compromises. We’ve made for too many, already.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8618507 06/12/22 05:35 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky

Make America Great Again

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618508 06/12/22 05:38 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Seems they reached a deal. 18-21 year olds get expanded background checks to include juvenile records and states can enact Red Flag laws with a judge determining outcome. I could live with that, especially since the Red Flag laws would probably be struck down. What say THF?

Pretty sure 18-21 year old background checks will allow the usage of their juvenile criminal records, something I have no (zero) issues with . Heard Crenshaw explain it. if so included, that would be sensible.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Tbar] #8618509 06/12/22 05:39 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Tbar

Yup

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618511 06/12/22 05:39 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Hell no, that’s making a deal with the devil… Give an inch and you’ll be bare assed getting spanked after they take 7 miles the next time..

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Hudbone] #8618518 06/12/22 05:42 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Pretty sure 18-21 year old background checks will allow the usage of their juvenile criminal records, something I have no (zero) issues with . Heard Crenshaw explain it. if so included, that would be sensible.

I trust crenshaw even less than cornyn.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618519 06/12/22 05:44 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Not budging on any of it.
It's all feel good B.S.
Hope it never happens again but what will the Demorats want next time some nut job shoots up innocent people, after this law didn't work.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618524 06/12/22 05:49 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Vote them out!!!! No more compromise!!! These laws are made to apply to law abiding citizens period!! Its already illegal to kill people yet it still happens every day! These laws will stop nobody! The red flag laws are nothing more than a tool to disarm you without due process. How anyone can be willing to concede that is alarming!

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618530 06/12/22 05:53 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
No more bs

You want gun control move to Australia.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618537 06/12/22 05:56 PM
JimBridger Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I’m not a fan of John Cornyn. He’s a RINO and I don’t trust him to act in the best interest of law abiding Texans.
I recently sent him letters endorsing the NRA, GOA and NGOA position on gun control. This is his response:

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the loved ones of those who lost their lives as they grieve such a cruel tragedy. This is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. My office is coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the people of Uvalde as they navigate the aftermath of this senseless act of violence.

As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, fully enforcing current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities and preserve citizens' Second Amendment rights. As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard law-abiding citizens' constitutional right to own and use firearms for lawful purposes. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals upon which our country was established. The Supreme Court's ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) affirmed that Americans' constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court supporting the fundamental right of American citizens to keep and bear arms. This landmark ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In the 2010 McDonald v. City of Chicago decision, the Supreme Court struck down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago-thereby affirming that the Second Amendment protects Americans' fundamental rights against state and local encroachment.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to harm innocent Americans. I believe strictly enforcing the law-and imposing tougher sentences on career criminals and violent offenders who use firearms-will reduce violence more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

Furthermore, I believe Americans with concealed handgun licenses should not sacrifice their safety and peace of mind when traveling between states. That is why I was proud to introduce the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2019 (S.69; 116th Congress). This bill would have allowed qualified individuals to carry a concealed handgun into, or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows its residents to carry concealed firearms. While this bill did not pass last Congress, I look forward to working with my colleagues on furthering protection of Americans' Second Amendment rights during the 117th Congress.

As your Senator, I will continue to champion the Second Amendment and work to provide resources for individuals with mental health issues to help ensure that our communities our safe and our Constitutional rights are not infringed.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate, and will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8618543 06/12/22 06:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I trust crenshaw even less than cornyn.

I’m the opposite, Cronyn is a career politician that can’t explain anything he does. Not saying I’d vote for either. But I have more tolerance from Cren then Croyn. Croyn is a weak man

Crenshaw will actually explain his position and why and then the take aways. I don’t always agree, for instance I agreed with his point that Ukraine money should of came out of the Left over Covid budget(vs printing more), but I also don’t think that money will help cripple Russian military, his primary stance. I also think he should of voted no but I respect his opinion on why he voted for it. As same stand point I don’t expect a former seal not to advocate to weaken an advocacy, especially when ever you don’t have to put US soldiers at the front lines. With that said, I just don’t see Russia as a military threat as much as a disinformation and civil instigator. In regards to this legislation, it’s not hurting anyone, it’s appeasement so that we can get back to highlighting issues for mid terms.

Sealed Juvenile has always been an extremely bad deal. Bad apples are allowed to be what they are, I would if changed this if I was President with out regards to any of this.

We need to get legislation in place now for redflag law abuse. This issue has been front and center for some time, it’s got to be nullified before it comes full circle. Redflag laws are BS, but only an idiot can’t see them expanding state by state.. literally

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Sneaky] #8618547 06/12/22 06:09 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L

This

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JimBridger] #8618549 06/12/22 06:13 PM
B
Bar-D Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pappybear
I’m not a fan of John Cornyn. He’s a RINO and I don’t trust him to act in the best interest of law abiding Texans.
I recently sent him letters endorsing the NRA, GOA and NGOA position on gun control. This is his response:

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the loved ones of those who lost their lives as they grieve such a cruel tragedy. This is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. My office is coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the people of Uvalde as they navigate the aftermath of this senseless act of violence.

As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, fully enforcing current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities and preserve citizens' Second Amendment rights. As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard law-abiding citizens' constitutional right to own and use firearms for lawful purposes. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals upon which our country was established. The Supreme Court's ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) affirmed that Americans' constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court supporting the fundamental right of American citizens to keep and bear arms. This landmark ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In the 2010 McDonald v. City of Chicago decision, the Supreme Court struck down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago-thereby affirming that the Second Amendment protects Americans' fundamental rights against state and local encroachment.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to harm innocent Americans. I believe strictly enforcing the law-and imposing tougher sentences on career criminals and violent offenders who use firearms-will reduce violence more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

Furthermore, I believe Americans with concealed handgun licenses should not sacrifice their safety and peace of mind when traveling between states. That is why I was proud to introduce the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2019 (S.69; 116th Congress). This bill would have allowed qualified individuals to carry a concealed handgun into, or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows its residents to carry concealed firearms. While this bill did not pass last Congress, I look forward to working with my colleagues on furthering protection of Americans' Second Amendment rights during the 117th Congress.

As your Senator, I will continue to champion the Second Amendment and work to provide resources for individuals with mental health issues to help ensure that our communities our safe and our Constitutional rights are not infringed.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate, and will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

I got the same letter after I emailed him.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618568 06/12/22 06:30 PM
L
Lakhota Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
The states could have enacted Red Flag law’s already as some have so the Federal Government saying they can is them doing nothing but patting themselves on the back.

So when the next shooting happens and it is by someone over 18-21 what do we do then? What is the next thing we give up?

So now a persons juvenile record can be used to keep someone exercising a right but in most cases can not be used in a court of law when sentencing someone over the age of 18.

The 26th amendment set the age of 18 for voting and therefore the age of consent but we have chipped away at that with buying a hand gun from a FFL, alcohol, and now tobacco. We keep hearing that people under the age of 21 generally don’t have the life experience or mental capacity to make big decisions. If this is the case appeal the 26th amendment and make the age of consent 21.

We need to start addressing the real issue here and that is mental health. Why did these types of shootings become more prevalent in the 90’s and forward with kids and schools? I graduated in the late 80’s and I can’t ever remember a shooting in a school then.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Lakhota] #8618580 06/12/22 06:35 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Lakhota
The states could have enacted Red Flag law’s already as some have so the Federal Government saying they can is them doing nothing but patting themselves on the back.

So when the next shooting happens and it is by someone over 18-21 what do we do then? What is the next thing we give up?

So now a persons juvenile record can be used to keep someone exercising a right but in most cases can not be used in a court of law when sentencing someone over the age of 18.

The 26th amendment set the age of 18 for voting and therefore the age of consent but we have chipped away at that with buying a hand gun from a FFL, alcohol, and now tobacco. We keep hearing that people under the age of 21 generally don’t have the life experience or mental capacity to make big decisions. If this is the case appeal the 26th amendment and make the age of consent 21.

We need to start addressing the real issue here and that is mental health. Why did these types of shootings become more prevalent in the 90’s and forward with kids and schools? I graduated in the late 80’s and I can’t ever remember a shooting in a school then.

The issue is a moral issue. Not a mental health issue.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: ducknbass] #8618590 06/12/22 06:46 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass

It's both, but mental health is the only thing we have a shot at improving right now. Texas is near the bottom as far as mental health assistance goes. I love my state, but the facts are the facts.

This is a good discussion...so far, but, it is them internets and I'm sure the insults will fly soon.

As a boy that became 18 when it was legal to drink at 18, I'd just like to say - I understand why they did it (the Vietnam war had ended 5 years before), but that was a really bad idea. drink7

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Tbar] #8618595 06/12/22 06:55 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by JCB
Vote them out!!!! No more compromise!!! These laws are made to apply to law abiding citizens period!! Its already illegal to kill people yet it still happens every day! These laws will stop nobody! The red flag laws are nothing more than a tool to disarm you without due process. How anyone can be willing to concede that is alarming!

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Hell no, that’s making a deal with the devil… Give an inch and you’ll be bare assed getting spanked after they take 7 miles the next time..

🍻
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8618596 06/12/22 06:57 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Originally Posted by JCB

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

x3
texas

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: ducknbass] #8618604 06/12/22 07:03 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ducknbass

I think it’s both, as moral is a precursor to mental in a large way. Liberals know this why so dead set on destroying the traditional family units built on a foundation of Faith.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618620 06/12/22 07:34 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I swear these aren't random events. Never have been a big conspiracy theorist but I'm warming up to the idea of "Manchurian Candidates." Turn them on and they process the programed action.

Make America Great Again

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: JimBridger] #8618621 06/12/22 07:34 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Quote from the proposed new gun law package, what the H#ll is the "Boy Friend Loophole"??

In addition to provisions on red flag laws, which allow law enforcement to seek temporary removal of firearms from an individual who is a threat to himself or others, the package also would close what’s known as the “boyfriend loophole” by broadening firearms restrictions on those who have abused their romantic partners.

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618650 06/12/22 08:28 PM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Shall not be infringed. !!!
Not no ! But hell...... no...

Who's gonna ask the question ? Why didn't your new law, stop the next nut job ??

Re: Bipartisan Gun deal struck [Re: Jimbo1] #8618654 06/12/22 08:30 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
None of these jokers represents or speaks for Kansas conservatives. I hope everyone who voted for these jokers is proud.

10 GOP Signed on:
Cornyn
Tillis
Blunt
Burr
Cassidy
Collins
Graham
Portman
Romney
Toomey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4