Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
We are in a sad place... #8618156 06/12/22 01:25 AM
nak Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker

So I posted a plastic garden shed on the NextDoor app as FREE. The listing was limited to a small geographic area, so no one should have seen it that was more than a few miles away.

"Sitting by the mailbox at xxxx Munn Road. I will not be on the computer the rest of the morning.. if it's still there, then it is still available."

When I noticed it was gone, I changed the posting within a few minutes.

I had no less than 8 messages on the sight, asking if the item was still available. One of them posted second time, after I marked the item as "gone", that I was rude for not responding to her and that I should be banned from listing items on the site.

We are cleaning out the garage and some in stuff in the yard. I have a number of other items I am getting rid of that still have value, but I would normally Play it Forward and just give them away.
Forget that, I will haul the rest to the landfill.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618161 06/12/22 01:30 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by nak

So I posted a plastic garden shed on the NextDoor app as FREE. The listing was limited to a small geographic area, so no one should have seen it that was more than a few miles away.

"Sitting by the mailbox at xxxx Munn Road. I will not be on the computer the rest of the morning.. if it's still there, then it is still available."

When I noticed it was gone, I changed the posting within a few minutes.

I had no less than 8 messages on the sight, asking if the item was still available. One of them posted second time, after I marked the item as "gone", that I was rude for not responding to her and that I should be banned from listing items on the site.

We are cleaning out the garage and some in stuff in the yard. I have a number of other items I am getting rid of that still have value, but I would normally Play it Forward and just give them away.
Forget that, I will haul the rest to the landfill.

Probably a feral cat lover! I've sold a few things there but there's more tire kickers than on CL.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618182 06/12/22 01:52 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Last year sold my boat on CL in less than an hour (Nice boat priced right). Some Jacka#s call me and wanted me to drive it to Arlington 1.5 hours south of me so he could look at it, (Are you kidding me).
I told him the SOB was for sale not doing that. He hung up on me.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618193 06/12/22 02:07 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I just put stuff on the curb. Someone will grab It, usually within 15 minutes. No need to bother with listing anything.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618227 06/12/22 02:35 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The NextDoor app is where the REAL crazies hang out.

[Linked Image]

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: Creekrunner] #8618233 06/12/22 02:44 AM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

[Linked Image]

You ain't lying. clap

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: TCM3] #8618288 06/12/22 10:48 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I get the emails to keep tabs mainly on crime and especially the Silver Alerts in case I forget who I am and where I am laugh

[Linked Image]

You ain't lying. clap

Yep it gets interesting, sometimes there is goofy stuff like this posted. The bottom in Red was the response to the notice and then there was a few more off the wall comments.
It's like a soap opera at times.

[Linked Image]

So the bad people on here take it upon themselves to silence others with no proof.
Apparently I left Dan and moved away after 39 years. Say hi to him when you see him

Last edited by Stub; 06/12/22 10:50 AM.

texas flag

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: cbump] #8618290 06/12/22 10:57 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by cbump
I just put stuff on the curb. Someone will grab It, usually within 15 minutes. No need to bother with listing anything.

Yep.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618315 06/12/22 12:48 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
People are eat up with themselves. The other day I needed diesel, and their was a jackass sitting in his Mini Cooper, on his phone, not fueling, at the diesel pump. I never said anything to him or even looked at him. I just backed up close enough for the hose to reach and got fuel. He drove off and flipped me off on his way out, like I was the problem.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618324 06/12/22 01:00 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Talked to a buddy of mine last night. He stopped at a gas station near Lake Fork to fill up with non-ethanol. There was a truck and boat parked in front of the only non-ethanol pump. He waited about 15 minutes then went inside to find out what was going on. Attendant tells him the guys in the vehicle blocking the pump were eating lunch. hammer

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618344 06/12/22 01:35 PM
S
SRPI89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

This guy sat at a gas pump in Menard last weekend smoking cigs and checking his phone. I didn’t realize what he was doing until my wife came out of the stripes and pointed it out. I snapped a quick pick and high tailed it.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618347 06/12/22 01:43 PM
S
spacejunkie Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Anything that is decent I just take to Goodwill. If not decent to the trash or burn pile. Not want any strangers around my home with all the crap that is going on today.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: Sneaky] #8618387 06/12/22 02:45 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
People are eat up with themselves. The other day I needed diesel, and their was a jackass sitting in his Mini Cooper, on his phone, not fueling, at the diesel pump. I never said anything to him or even looked at him. I just backed up close enough for the hose to reach and got fuel. He drove off and flipped me off on his way out, like I was the problem.

bang

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: SRPI89] #8618417 06/12/22 03:32 PM
JimBridger Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by SRPI89
[Linked Image]

This guy sat at a gas pump in Menard last weekend smoking cigs and checking his phone. I didn’t realize what he was doing until my wife came out of the stripes and pointed it out. I snapped a quick pick and high tailed it.

Gas holes are becoming more and more common.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: Sneaky] #8618424 06/12/22 03:40 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

This happened to me at the HEB diesel pump recently. I backed up to where my hitch was almost touching the car. I had pumped 1/2 tank before they moved.
I need to work on my style, I didn't get flipped off. Very disappointing.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618485 06/12/22 05:11 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It’s just the world as it is today. It takes very little now to p___ me off. Seems like everyone else is the same.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618539 06/12/22 06:03 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
As we say around here: "Everyone seems to be spring loaded in the "PIZZED POSITION!" 2 years of COVID mask and lockdown madness; a president who can't put together a single, coherent sentence; and now the inflation crush is just beginning to hurt really badly; so lots of folks are beginning to break down and I predict we'll see more and more incidents like these. Watch your six and be armed when you leave your home.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618548 06/12/22 06:12 PM
Stealthjr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I went to one of those coin wash car washes to powerwash the bug guts off my front end and all 4 of the bays were taken. Just my luck, i pulled up behind some douche nozzle in a porsche that i thought was almost done since he was no longer using the water. So, i watched him for a few minutes and come to find out he is towel drying the car and wiping down his interior. I looked around hoping to change to a free lane but everyone else was in early stages. I had enough, open my door and stepped out and said, “Any chance you could show some common courtesy and pull your car out of the washing bay and over to the drying area like that person did?” (I pointed to a lady drying her car) He looked at me…i looked at him…5 seconds of silence…he says, “sure” in a douche bag tone. So I replied, “well thats great!” (Sarcastically)
He closes his doors and hood and drives away and leaves. Didnt bother to pull into drying area…just left. I shrugged my shoulders and got to washing.

There's nothing better than killin it and grillin it!
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: Sneaky] #8618550 06/12/22 06:14 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Oh man, I wish I'd been with you. rofl

This kinda crap is constant at the QT by my house. I seriously doubt this stuff happens on the east coast. There would be constant fist fights, especially in NYC. Those people have been pissed off for 100 years. I'm afraid we're going to have to get to that point here for people to get the hell out of the way.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8618589 06/12/22 06:43 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Talked to a buddy of mine last night. He stopped at a gas station near Lake Fork to fill up with non-ethanol. There was a truck and boat parked in front of the only non-ethanol pump. He waited about 15 minutes then went inside to find out what was going on. Attendant tells him the guys in the vehicle blocking the pump were eating lunch. hammer

This stuff happens at Bucee's a lot. People will stop to get gas and then spend 30 minutes in the store and FINALLY come out to put gas in the car. Because filling up and moving the car to a parking spot is too difficult. One of the reasons I do not stop there unless I'm with Mom, because she loves their sandwiches and restrooms. I drop her off, fill up the car, then go pick her up.

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: LoneStarSon] #8618593 06/12/22 06:49 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

This stuff happens at Bucee's a lot. People will stop to get gas and then spend 30 minutes in the store and FINALLY come out to put gas in the car. Because filling up and moving the car to a parking spot is too difficult. One of the reasons I do not stop there unless I'm with Mom, because she loves their sandwiches and restrooms. I drop her off, fill up the car, then go pick her up.

You're a good son!

Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: LoneStarSon] #8618605 06/12/22 07:04 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

This is normal at Buccees. On busy days there are not enough parking places at the store. If you leave the pump, you just might not find a parking place. There are a lot of stations like this, 20-30 pumps and space for ten people to park. Buccees is just a larger scale.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618614 06/12/22 07:27 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Congrats! You just met your new neighbors from California.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: spacejunkie] #8618618 06/12/22 07:30 PM
10 Gauge Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Anything that is decent I just take to Goodwill. If not decent to the trash or burn pile. Not want any strangers around my home with all the crap that is going on today.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: We are in a sad place... [Re: nak] #8618624 06/12/22 07:37 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
If worth anything I set it at the road and it won't make morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide