Forums46
Topics537,029
Posts9,719,585
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8609518 05/31/22 10:49 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I'd like to see the age raised to 21 to buy ANY gun., Vote, drive, etc. Dumbazz kids don't know chit.

If the kid wants to enlist when he/she is 15 awesome, maybe they would learn something.

BAN Tic Tok, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

BAN Gangsta Rap, Shooter Video Games, etc.

Instantly burned alive when/if caught alive.

I'd say track everyone who is being treated for any Bipolar, mental illness but this would include half the THF.

Some of this is going to affect people's Constitutional rights

But whatever, you asked

You hit the nail on the head. Good thinking.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609520 05/31/22 10:52 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
A lot of people on this forum sure do hate freedom.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8609522 05/31/22 10:52 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I'd like to see the age raised to 21 to buy ANY gun., Vote, drive, etc. Dumbazz kids don't know chit.

If the kid wants to enlist when he/she is 15 awesome, maybe they would learn something.

I'd say track everyone who is being treated for any Bipolar, mental illness but this would include half the THF.

But whatever, you asked

California tried the 21 deal, found to be unconstitutional.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609530 05/31/22 11:03 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
The potato now wants to ban 9mm...you still think they want "reasonable" solutions?

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8609567 05/31/22 11:36 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

But whatever, you asked

You would have loved 1940's Germany.....

By the time I was 21......I was on my 3rd vehicle purchase, was running my own business with 3 FT employees, had my own apartment ( actually was on my 2nd one ) and was 100% on my own both financially and physically.

21 years old isn't a kid. 16 is a kid. If a person is 21 and still not mature enough to Vote, Drive or own a Firearm that is a failure on the parents, unless there is a clear case of mental illness.

Stop coddling kids and damn sure stop coddling adults. Age has nothing to do with it.

21 to be able to drive......gimme a break

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: txtrophy85] #8609571 05/31/22 11:56 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

But whatever, you asked

By the time I was 21......I was on my 3rd vehicle purchase, was running my own business with 3 FT employees, had my own apartment ( actually was on my 2nd one ) and was 100% on my own both financially and physically.

21 years old isn't a kid. 16 is a kid. If a person is 21 and still not mature enough to Vote, Drive or own a Firearm that is a failure on the parents, unless there is a clear case of mental illness.

Stop coddling kids and damn sure stop coddling adults. Age has nothing to do with it.

I was responsible for people's lives, property, and millions of dollars worth of tax payer's equipment at 21 years old.

Got a paycheck every 15 days for it.

A year later bought a house, a shop, and 2 acres.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #8609573 06/01/22 12:00 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ag Hunter 78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvf5RgCU08

Bottom line is if we nothing this will keep happening over and over and over again. Maybe when a shooter kills one of your own you will finally see we need change.

My one and only 2 cents on this.

What do you propose we do?

What I propose is put some damn killers, toting a rifle, spare mags, and a pistol in case they screw up and get away from their rifle in every school in America. Be friendly to all kids, make them comfortable, be friendly to teachers, admin staff, janitors, and everyone else working at the school.

But when one of these would-be shooters tries it in these people's schools, would-be shooter gets two to the chest and one to the head most rikki tik.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: J.G.] #8609591 06/01/22 12:22 AM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Here's what I'll buy into. Show me a reasonable law that would have actually done something to have stopped any of the recent tragedies at any of the mass shootings in the last few years. Here's a little hint...gun bans would not have stopped any of them. Extended background checks would not have stopped any of them. Waiting periods would not have stopped any of them, and neither would raising the age to legally buy a gun. An outright ban on all guns and confiscation from the public would start a 2nd civil war. So, you tell me. What gun legislation would have stopped any of this?

None. It is real simple.

Murder is illegal in all 50 states.

More people are killed every year with hammers and fists. Should we ban hammers and fists?

You know, he's right... I say, we kinda roll with the problem...
Send, more ammo/handguns to chitcago... slinger

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609611 06/01/22 12:45 AM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
We all see where this is going. Maybe someone could do a poll for more answers.

I will go first.
About the only thing I could get onboard with is moving rifle age to 21. I just don’t think kids (18 year olds) are mature as they were 20-30 years ago.

The only thing I will accept is letting the background check include juvenile criminal records. That is it.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8609648 06/01/22 01:33 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I will go first.
About the only thing I could get onboard with is moving rifle age to 21. I just don’t think kids (18 year olds) are mature as they were 20-30 years ago.

But the 18 year old can join the Army or Marine Corps and they will hand him a rifle. Hell they will hand him a S.A.W. or a tank for that matter!

My issue.

Seems an easy way to resolve that. If an 18yo joins the military then they can buy. If not, make it 21.

I'm all about the 2nd ammendment. But don't think an age limit or a waiting period will hurt anything.

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8609659 06/01/22 01:40 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I will go first.

But the 18 year old can join the Army or Marine Corps and they will hand him a rifle. Hell they will hand him a S.A.W. or a tank for that matter!

My issue.

Seems an easy way to resolve that. If an 18yo joins the military then they can buy. If not, make it 21.

I'm all about the 2nd ammendment. But don't think an age limit or a waiting period will hurt anything.

Nope, they won't end it there.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: rickt300] #8609664 06/01/22 01:50 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by rickt300

I will go first.

The only thing I will accept is letting the background check include juvenile criminal records. That is it.

Yelp im same way. Only thing I’d accept

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609666 06/01/22 01:53 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Jesus, some of you guys are more liberal than I thought. I watched an 21 yr old man enlisted in the navy try and kill his 8 month pregnant wife with his hands, he would have if I didn't hear her scream/choking and intervene. After I got him off of her and choked him out, he threatened to kill us both and went for a gun. No amount of laws can stop evil, some people are just f'd up. The number of mentally deranged people in this Country is growing daily, and it doesn't have a GD thing to do with guns. We really do have a mental health problem in this Country, and until we collectively realize that nothing will ever change.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: txtrophy85] #8609670 06/01/22 01:59 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

But whatever, you asked

Agree with you. This whole "Do something, ANYTHING" mindset is farking ridiculous.

At 18 I had a closet full of guns, my own apartment, worked 2 jobs, and was preparing to start a family.

You are a GROWN [censored] MAN at 18, regardless of your parental situation.

Stop making excuses for/normalizing bad behavior, this is literally why where we are today in this Country.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: skinnerback] #8609672 06/01/22 01:59 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Jesus, some of you guys are more liberal than I thought. I watched an 20 yr old man enlisted in the navy try and kill his 8 month pregnant wife with his hands, he would have if I didn't hear her scream/choking and intervene. After I got him off of her and choked him out, he threatened to kill us both and went for a gun. No amount of laws can stop evil, some people are just f'd up. The number of mentally deranged people in this Country is growing daily, and it doesn't have a GD thing to do with guns. We really do have a mental health problem in this Country, and until we collectively realize that nothing will ever change.

Mental issues are normal: cross dressing, Paedophilia, self mutilation, addictive etc all normal behavior…. So Are the ones that scream at people on side walk and grabbing their crotch and painting them selves

This world is F’d by liberals and their woke ideologies

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8609681 06/01/22 02:06 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Jesus, some of you guys are more liberal than I thought. I watched an 20 yr old man enlisted in the navy try and kill his 8 month pregnant wife with his hands, he would have if I didn't hear her scream/choking and intervene. After I got him off of her and choked him out, he threatened to kill us both and went for a gun. No amount of laws can stop evil, some people are just f'd up. The number of mentally deranged people in this Country is growing daily, and it doesn't have a GD thing to do with guns. We really do have a mental health problem in this Country, and until we collectively realize that nothing will ever change.

Mental issues are normal: cross dressing, Paedophilia, self mutilation, addictive etc all normal behavior…. So Are the ones that scream at people on side walk and grabbing their crotch and painting them selves

This world is F’d by liberals and their woke ideologies

Yes Sir, you are correct.

Have 2 adult kids, 2 young kids, and a Grandson. All I can do is my part for them.

I shake my head at all of this, and everything in general lately.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: rickt300] #8609684 06/01/22 02:08 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

I will go first.

Here is my explanation with why I agree with this. At 18 we had our [censored] together and knew you had to work to make things happen. Our population has grown so fast that there are what 10-25%+ more people than 2008? The amount of people and [censored] up kids has grown and it is not on us who try and do things right. It is the ones that are shadow parents who do nothing to teach their kids that this is wrong. They do not go to church, they do not spend time with their kids and they wonder why they are little [censored] at a young age and ignore it. When you ignore it these type of things happen. I could be completely wrong here but not wanting to work and achieve goals and exceed in life like we were raised is the problem.

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Bee'z] #8609694 06/01/22 02:17 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by 2Beez

I will go first.

Here is my explanation with why I agree with this. At 18 we had our [censored] together and knew you had to work to make things happen. Our population has grown so fast that there are what 10-25%+ more people than 2008? The amount of people and [censored] up kids has grown and it is not on us who try and do things right. It is the ones that are shadow parents who do nothing to teach their kids that this is wrong. They do not go to church, they do not spend time with their kids and they wonder why they are little [censored] at a young age and ignore it. When you ignore it these type of things happen. I could be completely wrong here but not wanting to work and achieve goals and exceed in life like we were raised is the problem.

You are correct.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609737 06/01/22 03:17 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
At least someone has informed Biden he really can’t do much by himself. I still have a smidge of hope….for now. I wouldn’t hold my breath for McConnell or Cornyn though.

“I can do the things I’ve done and any executive action I can take, I’ll continue to take. But I can’t outlaw a weapon. I can’t change a background check. I can’t do that.” - Joe Biden

MID TERMS FOLKS REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE VOTING FOR AND WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-mcconnell-apos-rational-153627338.html

Last edited by Mike Honcho; 06/01/22 03:21 AM.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609757 06/01/22 04:05 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
McConell is a not on our side, cornyn says he is but not really. Has not been for a whille. It will be a monkey show and I aint doing [censored] for the record. Write the book how you want to but it doesn't mean [censored] at this point.

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: skinnerback] #8609771 06/01/22 04:47 AM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Stop making excuses for/normalizing bad behavior . . . .

^ ^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^ ^
Making excuses and enabling is pretty much
the problem

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: DukeCigars] #8609772 06/01/22 04:55 AM
B
brassattack Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by DukeCigars
Education. Most of us were raised around guns and never had issues. Also education on firearm storage. That can’t be regulated though…but I did see some billboards recently saying to be sure your guns are locked up, especially if you have teens/younger in the house. A lot of these shootings happen from extremely easily accessible firearms.

The only real regulation I could see being able to be OK with, would be a waiting period to receive your purchase. Example being with suppressors, it takes a few months to move along. I wouldn’t personally have an issue with things like semi auto rifles having a wait after you submit everything and pay. Would help take the impulsiveness out of usage of the firearm

Gee Gladys, what part of Shall Not Be Infringed, did you miss out on??

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: brassattack] #8609805 06/01/22 11:01 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DukeCigars
Education. Most of us were raised around guns and never had issues. Also education on firearm storage. That can’t be regulated though…but I did see some billboards recently saying to be sure your guns are locked up, especially if you have teens/younger in the house. A lot of these shootings happen from extremely easily accessible firearms.

The only real regulation I could see being able to be OK with, would be a waiting period to receive your purchase. Example being with suppressors, it takes a few months to move along. I wouldn’t personally have an issue with things like semi auto rifles having a wait after you submit everything and pay. Would help take the impulsiveness out of usage of the firearm

I would never agree to a waiting period. Among other things, everyone would see very quickly that it wouldn't change a thing and they would still be after more restrictions. It's a foot in the door we can't give them.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: skinnerback] #8609811 06/01/22 11:24 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
A lot of people on this forum sure do hate freedom.

Jesus, some of you guys are more liberal than I thought. I watched an 21 yr old man enlisted in the navy try and kill his 8 month pregnant wife with his hands, he would have if I didn't hear her scream/choking and intervene. After I got him off of her and choked him out, he threatened to kill us both and went for a gun. No amount of laws can stop evil, some people are just f'd up. The number of mentally deranged people in this Country is growing daily, and it doesn't have a GD thing to do with guns. We really do have a mental health problem in this Country, and until we collectively realize that nothing will ever change.

Y’all speaking truths here.

🍻
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609860 06/01/22 12:27 PM
M
macec3(TX) Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
No gun reform should be accepted. Any gun reform would be another nibble for the gun control idiots. Then there will be another and another until the 2nd amendment means nothing.
The gun grabbers will take what ever they can get and they won't quit until they get it all.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide