Forums46
Topics537,945
Posts9,730,933
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609216 05/31/22 04:30 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
The US government protects everything it values with guns. So make a list and figure it out.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: J.G.] #8609224 05/31/22 04:38 PM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by killemall
Lets start by building more jails and mental hospitals, aka storage units for nut jobs. Let's lock up all the habitual trouble makers and known nut cases and throw away key. Then LEO could focus more on watching potential threats and less time chasing the same old idiots around 24/7.

Negative, we have plenty of those money sucking leeches. Death row, kill em all. That makes more space. Bring back the chain gang working on our roads. Prison won't be so much fun anymore, and that will also make more space.

You got that right, JG.. I'm for making jail time,as freaking miserable as possible..
If it was up to me. We'd have the cleanest roads, in the world.. And not one single
Louisiana pot hole. They'd be raising their own food. Running their own farm.
And pulling weeds with their butt cheeks.. By the time they got outta jail. "If and
when. society thinks their no longer a threat." "In my world, there would be no specific
jail time".. You'd have to earn your way out". But if you did, You'd be one heck of a farmer,
a mechanic, heavy equipment operator. Or any other number of things to benefit society....
And their ain't gonna be no second, third, fourth or 25th time. Three strikes.. And I find a wall...

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Sailor] #8609232 05/31/22 04:43 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Sailor
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by killemall
Lets start by building more jails and mental hospitals, aka storage units for nut jobs. Let's lock up all the habitual trouble makers and known nut cases and throw away key. Then LEO could focus more on watching potential threats and less time chasing the same old idiots around 24/7.

Negative, we have plenty of those money sucking leeches. Death row, kill em all. That makes more space. Bring back the chain gang working on our roads. Prison won't be so much fun anymore, and that will also make more space.

You got that right, JG.. I'm for making jail time,as freaking miserable as possible..
If it was up to me. We'd have the cleanest roads, in the world.. And not one single
Louisiana pot hole. They'd be raising their own food. Running their own farm.
And pulling weeds with their butt cheeks.. By the time they got outta jail. "If and
when. society thinks their no longer a threat." "In my world, there would be no specific
jail time".. You'd have to earn your way out". But if you did, You'd be one heck of a farmer,
a mechanic, heavy equipment operator. Or any other number of things to benefit society....
And their ain't gonna be no second, third, fourth or 25th time. Three strikes.. And I find a wall...

Sounds like how I try to parent. You get in trouble, you don't go sit in your room. You go clean, do chores, etc..

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609274 05/31/22 05:37 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Chicago had 800 murders last year. Canada had 675.
Seems like a drastic step by Trudeau. Of course, he is the target of much of Canada’s problems.

Canada has 40 million people.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609306 05/31/22 06:17 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I absolutely hate the “ the brain isn’t fully developed until 25” argument.

It’s just another excuse for people to extend their adolescence and delay becoming an adult and to justify immature behavior.

A few hundred years ago people under 25 were fighting war, conquering countries and running enterprises. Turns out they did all that without fully developed Brains……

I made different decisions at 25 than I did at 18 because Of life experiences and learning from my mistakes, not because of brain development

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8609309 05/31/22 06:24 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
I would be willing to give up all of my guns (and I have a lot!) if I knew another person would never die by gun violence again.

In fact, I am willing to take a chance on the theory raised by the left that this works. I will put my guns in escrow, and the left puts $100,000 in escrow for each gun I own. If no one ever dies from gun violence, they keep my guns. If someone dies (in other words, their theory failed), then I get my guns back plus the money.

Anyone willing to put your money where your mouth is?

What about mob violence, knife violence, etc.

I’m not willing to give up my guns just to prevent gun violence.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609313 05/31/22 06:31 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
If you're 18 years old, and don't understand that murdering innocent people is wrong, then you need to be locked up the rest of your life.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609314 05/31/22 06:32 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Here is a quote from a commenter in another website:

"These assault weapons are weapons of war. They should not be in the hands of citizens! The 2nd Amendment does not give you the right to own any gun you want, it's for forming a militia. We need many more laws to protect our citizens starting with eliminating assault weapons and handguns. Then we should have a 2 month waiting period for any other hunting type weapon. Raise the age to 30 for ownership. You cannot travel with it unless you are to go hunting. It must be stored at the police station in a locked safe that you have to sign for it and bring it back."

Yep folks, they are out there and they vote.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609317 05/31/22 06:34 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I will worry about gun control when I see the feds actually acting serious abouit it, example #1

If you lied to buy a firearm, fear not the feds.

Your chances of being prosecuted by the Justice Department for falsifying information to illegally buy a gun are almost zero.

Reviews by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in fiscal 2017 led to 112,000 gun-purchase denials because people were in forbidden categories, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) investigated 12,700 of those cases.

How many of the investigated cases resulted in prosecutions?

Twelve.

That’s 0.09 percent of the cases ATF investigated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/11/lying-buy-gun-fear-not-feds/

Last edited by hopalong; 05/31/22 06:35 PM.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: hopalong] #8609318 05/31/22 06:36 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by hopalong
I will worry about gun control when I see the feds actually acting serious abouit it, example #1

Your chances of being prosecuted by the Justice Department for falsifying information to illegally buy a gun are almost zero.

Reviews by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in fiscal 2017 led to 112,000 gun-purchase denials because people were in forbidden categories, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) investigated 12,700 of those cases.

Twelve.

And none of them were the coke snorting son of a sitting president who admitted he lied on the form.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: txtrophy85] #8609319 05/31/22 06:41 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

It’s just another excuse for people to extend their adolescence and delay becoming an adult and to justify immature behavior.

A few hundred years ago people under 25 were fighting war, conquering countries and running enterprises. Turns out they did all that without fully developed Brains……

I made different decisions at 25 than I did at 18 because Of life experiences and learning from my mistakes, not because of brain development

Well you may hate it but it is true. Yes at 18 they know better. Sometimes knowing better doesn't keep them from doing it but either life experience or more maturity might. Who knows that's all debatable I suppose. The only reason I bring it up is due to research of the brain as it pertains to education. When I taught school and worked on my masters brain development was a topic. Does it apply to these situations? I would hope not, but you never know what is going through the mind of someone that age. At least there's research that backs that sort of thing up unlike arguments that somehow AR's are assault rifles and that the rounds magically blow people up and more bang for the buck as some have put it.

Just for the record I'm a 2A staunch supporter. I have a safe full of guns and ammo. 3 AR's, multiple handguns, rifles and shotguns. I am, however, open to common sense solutions that make sense to help mitigate more Uvalde's from happening. To think nothing is going to happen is naive. In my opinion it's probably better to get out in front of this before the nut bag left starts banning things altogether. That's where it's going.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8609324 05/31/22 06:58 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by hopalong

Twelve.

And none of them were the coke snorting son of a sitting president who admitted he lied on the form.

which is why I for one will not comply with any new laws they pass, then you also have this.

What research shows on the effectiveness of gun-control laws

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ch-shows-effectiveness-gun-control-laws/

when you factor in population growth over time the ratio of shootings stayed almost the same and the same lunatics committed them.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: jcarring99] #8609328 05/31/22 07:05 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted by jcarring99

Well you may hate it but it is true. Yes at 18 they know better. Sometimes knowing better doesn't keep them from doing it but either life experience or more maturity might. Who knows that's all debatable I suppose. The only reason I bring it up is due to research of the brain as it pertains to education. When I taught school and worked on my masters brain development was a topic. Does it apply to these situations? I would hope not, but you never know what is going through the mind of someone that age. At least there's research that backs that sort of thing up unlike arguments that somehow AR's are assault rifles and that the rounds magically blow people up and more bang for the buck as some have put it.

Just for the record I'm a 2A staunch supporter. I have a safe full of guns and ammo. 3 AR's, multiple handguns, rifles and shotguns. I am, however, open to common sense solutions that make sense to help mitigate more Uvalde's from happening. To think nothing is going to happen is naive. In my opinion it's probably better to get out in front of this before the nut bag left starts banning things altogether. That's where it's going.

Seeing the headlines concerning banning of certain types of firearms and calibers it leads me to believe appeasement is not the answer. We have gone from tightening the process to outright calls for bans in just a few days. The left is not wanting a deal short of disarming the public. To think otherwise is not realistic.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Jgraider] #8609333 05/31/22 07:09 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jgraider
If you're 18 years old, and don't understand that murdering innocent people is wrong, then you need to be locked up the rest of your life.

I agree, let’s start with that

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: D.O.C.989] #8609335 05/31/22 07:16 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989

Seeing the headlines concerning banning of certain types of firearms and calibers it leads me to believe appeasement is not the answer. We have gone from tightening the process to outright calls for bans in just a few days. The left is not wanting a deal short of disarming the public. To think otherwise is not realistic.

You very well could be right. I have seen some willing to compromise and accept changes short of banning, but I know that when we start down this path that they won't be happy until all guns are banned and confiscated. They always refer to Canada, Australia, Europe etc as a model to follow. I don't know why they have to go straight to banning. I don't get that logic. I don't understand why they don't want to get to the "why" these things happen. Clearly we aren't the same society that we were when I was in high school and my shotgun and rifle hanging on my gun rack in my truck in the school parking lot and my principal had his shotgun and deer rifle in his office at school. Until you start solving the why it doesn't really make a lot of difference what you ban. There are other tools always available. The copy cat trend worries me and the one upping copy cat certainly gets my attention

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: jcarring99] #8609340 05/31/22 07:31 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989

You very well could be right. I have seen some willing to compromise and accept changes short of banning, but I know that when we start down this path that they won't be happy until all guns are banned and confiscated. They always refer to Canada, Australia, Europe etc as a model to follow. I don't know why they have to go straight to banning. I don't get that logic. I don't understand why they don't want to get to the "why" these things happen. Clearly we aren't the same society that we were when I was in high school and my shotgun and rifle hanging on my gun rack in my truck in the school parking lot and my principal had his shotgun and deer rifle in his office at school. Until you start solving the why it doesn't really make a lot of difference what you ban. There are other tools always available. The copy cat trend worries me and the one upping copy cat certainly gets my attention

I understand your points. Just my 2 cents but I feel we have gotton to where we are now because of our appeasing to the left on a lot of things over the years. At some point we have to take a hard stand and i can think of no other thing to stand for than our Constitution.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609394 05/31/22 08:14 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I'm not willing to do a single thing to appease these dirt bag liberals.....

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8609410 05/31/22 08:31 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Concho
I'm not willing to do a single thing to appease these dirt bag liberals.....

This^^^^

🍻
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609421 05/31/22 08:53 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Here's what I'll buy into. Show me a reasonable law that would have actually done something to have stopped any of the recent tragedies at any of the mass shootings in the last few years. Here's a little hint...gun bans would not have stopped any of them. Extended background checks would not have stopped any of them. Waiting periods would not have stopped any of them, and neither would raising the age to legally buy a gun. An outright ban on all guns and confiscation from the public would start a 2nd civil war. So, you tell me. What gun legislation would have stopped any of this?

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: unclebubba] #8609470 05/31/22 09:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Here's what I'll buy into. Show me a reasonable law that would have actually done something to have stopped any of the recent tragedies at any of the mass shootings in the last few years. Here's a little hint...gun bans would not have stopped any of them. Extended background checks would not have stopped any of them. Waiting periods would not have stopped any of them, and neither would raising the age to legally buy a gun. An outright ban on all guns and confiscation from the public would start a 2nd civil war. So, you tell me. What gun legislation would have stopped any of this?

None. It is real simple.

Murder is illegal in all 50 states.

More people are killed every year with hammers and fists. Should we ban hammers and fists?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609476 05/31/22 09:51 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
39 killed this weekend alone across America by violence......not a peep from the liberals, because those are gangster on gangster crimes or gangsters shooting / stabbing / running over innocent people.

Last edited by Concho; 05/31/22 09:55 PM.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609482 05/31/22 09:59 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Chitcago leads the way.....

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609492 05/31/22 10:09 PM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvf5RgCU08

Bottom line is if we nothing this will keep happening over and over and over again. Maybe when a shooter kills one of your own you will finally see we need change.

My one and only 2 cents on this.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609499 05/31/22 10:17 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Something will happen some will like it some will not be happy. But as a lawbiding civilized country most will accept it. Those that do not will be a small minority.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609516 05/31/22 10:46 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I'd like to see the age raised to 21 to buy ANY gun., Vote, drive, etc. Dumbazz kids don't know chit.

If the kid wants to enlist when he/she is 15 awesome, maybe they would learn something.

BAN Tic Tok, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

BAN Gangsta Rap, Shooter Video Games, etc.

Instantly burned alive when/if caught alive.

I'd say track everyone who is being treated for any Bipolar, mental illness but this would include half the THF.

Some of this is going to affect people's Constitutional rights

But whatever, you asked

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide