Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: TPACK] #8606656 05/27/22 09:41 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by TPACK
I wouldn`t know it if I smelled it. It`s still illegal and will probably stay that way in Texas. flag flag flag

You'll know it. Smells like a skunk but no skunk around. eek2

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606667 05/27/22 10:00 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Was close enough to it in college to tell the difference between Mexican and Columbian. (UNT college of music.) Knew many, many guys with more talent than me that just couldn't ever get their act together 'cause of the dope. Very sad. One friend that went there with me I've known since 6th grade. He smoked a TON of weed in college and after. I watched it change him. He no longer smokes and will tell you the "benign" crap spewed here and elsewhere is a lie.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I sincerely hope I am, but I've gotten the impression that are resident (and beloved) stoner never leaves the house? shocked

Last edited by Creekrunner; 05/27/22 10:01 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: txtrophy85] #8606668 05/27/22 10:02 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Gateway drug.

Yup you're right, Doxazosin & Simvastatin.

I guess you know what side of the fence I step down on….

100% a gateway drug, same as alcohol.

Never met a person who was a user of cocaine, meth or opioids who went straight to that, they all started out getting drunk or high on marijuana.

I don’t smoke but I do drink, in my younger days I would regularly drink to excess when I went out. I’m not a teetotaler who has never been under the influence.

I just wish people would call a spade as spade and stop acting like Marijuana is a harmless pastime with no negative attributes

now name all the benefits it provides people like me who have cancer, if it were legal and I had access I would be tokin daily.

I have severe muscle spasms in my lower back due to a bad sciatic nerve injury in 98, fighting bladder cancer, melanoma (now have 38 divots in my body the size of a dime up to over 3" on top of my head along with some 2-3" scars on my face/head from surgeries).

I have to take muscle relaxers and 2 different pain pills at least twice a day, gummies or smoking a joint would be a whole lot better all the way around.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606670 05/27/22 10:04 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don’t smoke it but, I actually do like the smell of it being smoked or just a bag of it sitting there. But then again, I love the smell of old school diesel smoke also.

🍻
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: hopalong] #8606672 05/27/22 10:08 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by hopalong
Gateway drug.

Never met a person who was a user of cocaine, meth or opioids who went straight to that, they all started out getting drunk or high on marijuana.

I don’t smoke but I do drink, in my younger days I would regularly drink to excess when I went out. I’m not a teetotaler who has never been under the influence.

I just wish people would call a spade as spade and stop acting like Marijuana is a harmless pastime with no negative attributes

now name all the benefits it provides people like me who have cancer, if it were legal and I had access I would be tokin daily.

I have severe muscle spasms in my lower back due to a bad sciatic nerve injury in 98, fighting bladder cancer, melanoma (now have 38 divots in my body the size of a dime up to over 3" on top of my head along with some 2-3" scars on my face/head from surgeries).

I have to take muscle relaxers and 2 different pain pills at least twice a day, gummies or smoking a joint would be a whole lot better all the way around.

Does it have medicinal value....sure, it does. Same thing with opium. Cocaine was used as a topical numbing anesthetic.

I never said it didn't have medical uses.......I said it wasn't a harmless drug with no side effects.

I am sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis and hope you find relief by any means necessary, legal or otherwise

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: hopalong] #8606679 05/27/22 10:21 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by hopalong
Gateway drug.

I am certain you can get relief. There are ways. You're not gonna get busted, even in Texas.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606681 05/27/22 10:26 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
I have ZERO issue with medical marijuana except that just like the opioids, for every 100 people that get prescribed, about 10 really need it. Like healthy people and handicap placards.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606690 05/27/22 10:33 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Bingo.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606698 05/27/22 10:38 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
No better than, but definitely not worse than alcohol, or anything else that has been made up with a recipe. God put it here naturally for a reason, some people abuse it, others shy away. Many that shy away have a different crutch, often times an unnatural chemical make up or something man made that they put into their body instead.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: Creekrunner] #8606708 05/27/22 10:53 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
I have ZERO issue with medical marijuana except that just like the opioids, for every 100 people that get prescribed, about 10 really need it. Like healthy people and handicap placards.

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Bingo.

Sorry to hear about your health struggles hopalong.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606735 05/27/22 11:35 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
problem is I have a chl and the feds still have it listed as a class 1 narcotic (stupid, stupid) and the VA is my medical provider.

catch 22, if I use it they will stop the meds I now get so not much point in using it till the feds make it legal. I can be at a pot shop in Okieland in about 20-30 mins. and have no doubt I can get a card but still would not be able to use it.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: Smokey Bear] #8606736 05/27/22 11:37 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Bingo.

Sorry to hear about your health struggles hopalong.

meh, part of gettin old.

no one said being past 65 would be easy. grin

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606742 05/27/22 11:42 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
"don't smoke this, don't smoke that, can't you smell the weeed?"

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606753 05/28/22 12:03 AM
S
SRPI89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Years of sitting on a drilling rig, it was well known that the best casing crews had smoke coming out of their windows when they were sitting on location waiting for their turn to rig up the stabbing board. They were on all kinds of uppers to get from one rig to the next and the “smoke” leveled them out. I was young and learning, so I just sat back and watched. Those guys were smooth as silk.

I’m a big fan of gummies.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606755 05/28/22 12:04 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I learned from a young age I liked to drink. I’ve smoked dope a handful of times and didn’t like the way it made me feel at all. I always wanted it to end. I can drink beer all day and be fine. A few tokes off a joint and I’m wishing I’d never done it. Last time I tried it was 25 years ago with a couple of waitresses from Blanes pub in San Angelo who liked to get high and screw. The sex was great but would have been more fun if I hadn’t been waiting for the high to end for so long afterward.
I do think it should be legalized in TX. I have a disabled sister that lives in Colorado. She says it really helps her. I also have a cousin in Arkansas with MS and she says it’s the only thing That keeps her functional. She’s a very successful sales woman. Both of them are daily users and I never see them,”Stoned.”

I tried cocain once. I found a drug that was awesome, same thing, hot women involved. It made me feel so good I could see myself as a daily user. I swore I’d never do it again, and in the last 30 years I never have.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: Concho] #8606905 05/28/22 04:11 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by maximum
Doesn't bother me if you want to stay in the privacy and safety of
your own home and get high out of your mind or drink until you puke.
Just don't be out and about where you can do harm to people and
property and cost individuals and taxpayers scarce funds because
of your impaired judgment and senses

This is exactly where I am and why I have been and will aways be against legalizing pot. People are simply too stupid to stay home and smoke, they just have to go out and show off to the world, thereby exposing others, even kids to their behavior.

Man, you’ve come a long way. Happy to see it, Concho. cheers

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: The Dude Abides] #8606915 05/28/22 04:37 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Normal...recently took a trip to Colorado. The gummies are the chit man!

They are. We had to go to Durant and there was a shop on damn near every corner.

[Linked Image]
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: Bee'z] #8606919 05/28/22 06:12 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Normal...recently took a trip to Colorado. The gummies are the chit man!

They are. We had to go to Durant and there was a shop on damn near every corner.

I never get any effects from edibles other than being full I have eaten bags of gummy's and other candies and washed them down with THC infused drinks and get Nothing.

Asked my Budtender about this and she told me my metabolism has a lot to do with "Getting Off or Not".

Your metabolism plays a very important factor but probably not the way you’re thinking of. Are you asking if your high caloric metabolism has anything to do with your edible tolerance? The answer is most likely not.

Your drug metabolism is what determines your “edible tolerance”. It gets kinda murky but this is all related to your genetics and pharmacokinetics. The body has to get rid of THC from the body since it can’t keep just circulating despite how fun that sounds. THC can’t be able to be cleared from the body (via feces or urine) without the help of liver enzymes that metabolizes circulating THC into a version that can leave our body. The enzyme is called CYP3A4. Some people have different versions (also called variant) of CYP3A4. One person may express more of these enzymes (more enzymes to help clear THC from the body) which is why edibles. These are the people with “high tolerance” when really it’s just that their body is very efficient at removing THC. Others have a 22 polymorphism (also known as CYP3A422. This means their enzymes that clears THC is essentially non-functional. They’re the ones who take 5 mg and are high as a kite.

I hope this helps but tl;dr: kinda. Not food metabolism but liver metabolism via enzymes called Cytochrome P459 but more specifically CYP3A4. This is determined by genetics.

Edit: and gotta flex from pharmacy muscles and mention medications. Are you on any anti seizure medication (anticonvulsants) such as phenytoin or carbamazepine? These are very strong CYP3A4 inducers meaning taking these drugs will increase activity of the enzyme that clears edibles causing a medication induced high tolerance to THC.

Then you might ask yourself, if there are drugs that induce enzymes then surely there are drugs that inhibit the enzymes. The answer is yes, but most of those drugs are not fun drugs like anti fungals and protease inhibitors (used as part of some HIV medications). Grapefruit and grapefruit juice are CYP inhibitors but I would advise you to consult your pharmacist or doctor if it is safe for you to take. Grapefruit can also affect medications that you are already on which is dangerous.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606951 05/28/22 12:01 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bad for cows. Good for quail especially rag weed.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: scalebuster] #8606969 05/28/22 12:42 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by scalebuster
...hot women involved.
A constant in all of your stories. confused ('Glad you never went back. up)

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606972 05/28/22 12:50 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Love the smell of some good bud. It will be legal everywhere at some point.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8606979 05/28/22 01:01 PM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
If there wasn’t any pot, Cheetos sales would fall 90%.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: Pigsicles] #8606981 05/28/22 01:03 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Pigsicles
If there wasn’t any pot, Cheetos sales would fall 90%.

And taco bell would go out of business.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8607013 05/28/22 01:49 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Love the smell of some good bud. It will be legal everywhere at some point.

And people that hate freedom are terrified.

Re: weed, weed, every where weed [Re: reeltexan] #8607023 05/28/22 02:14 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Yay more drugs from America

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread