Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: DQ Kid] #8605868 05/26/22 09:15 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by driedmeat
I don’t know if this link will work. Forgive the fact that it’s from CNN. I had heard about this man’s story through the local talk. They are friends of a friend…. This is the most agonizingly painful stories from the tragedy and one of the worst I can ever remember.

https://youtu.be/xvPOGcHrpRU

I saw the interview yesterday, just devastating to watch and listen to. He actually kept it together pretty well, all things considered.

I have actually been extremely impressed by the composure and reaction of all the parents interviewed of children killed or injured in Uvalde. Makes me very proud to be a fellow Texan.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: driedmeat] #8605872 05/26/22 09:24 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Folks down here still need yalls prayers. The surviving husband of one of the teachers that died has also died from an apparent heart attack. They leave behind 4 children. He worked at the HEB here and was a great guy.

Tragedy after tragedy. Those poor kids. angel

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605873 05/26/22 09:26 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
After everything that community has and is going through, I hope they get through Sunday when the Potato visits. Talk about piling on...

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Jimbo1] #8605882 05/26/22 09:33 PM
D
driedmeat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
After everything that community has and is going through, I hope they get through Sunday when the Potato visits. Talk about piling on...

Yah - I wish they would just stay away, but it’s expected. There is already division starting up on social media. It’ll be a chit-show.

Heard a good dad story yesterday from a lady that works at a bank near the school. About the time everyone’s phones started blowing up and man that works there took off out the door. He went over to the school and broke out a window and started pulling kids out of the classroom where his daughter was. Apparently his daughter called and told him what was happening and he didn’t even hesitate.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: blancobuster] #8605900 05/26/22 09:55 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by blancobuster
As a scientist, I am confused.

That’s an understatement

🍻
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8605911 05/26/22 10:06 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Thundervee
As a scientist, I am confused.

That’s an understatement

I think he meant to say dumb [censored],

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605937 05/26/22 10:35 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Speaking with a friend's dad's once, he explained his reason for being agnostic by saying he's "a scientist." 'Dude's a lab tech at a health facility. roflmao

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: driedmeat] #8605939 05/26/22 10:37 PM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Yah - I wish they would just stay away, but it’s expected. There is already division starting up on social media. It’ll be a chit-show.

Heard a good dad story yesterday from a lady that works at a bank near the school. About the time everyone’s phones started blowing up and man that works there took off out the door. He went over to the school and broke out a window and started pulling kids out of the classroom where his daughter was. Apparently his daughter called and told him what was happening and he didn’t even hesitate.

Hero in plain clothes

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605946 05/26/22 10:53 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
This should not have happened the way it did. Hopefully LEO's and others will learn from this. Makes me sick.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: don k] #8605959 05/26/22 11:06 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by don k
This should not have happened the way it did. Hopefully LEO's and others will learn from this. Makes me sick.

The shooter entered one of the schools back door. Why was it not locked.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605962 05/26/22 11:15 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
After it was revealed on Thursday that not only did police delay their response to sending tactical teams into the Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Tex. amid a school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead but prevented parents from entering, the Wall Street Journal reported that one mother sprinted into the school to get her children, over objections from law enforcement.
Angeli Rose Gomez drove 40 miles to the school upon hearing of the shooting, and she arrived, said "The police were doing nothing. They were just standing outside the fence. They weren't going in there or running anywhere."

While state officials said that police were at the school mere moments after the teen gunman entered the school, barricading himself in a classroom and opening fire on young students, they also said that officers were unable to gain access to the classroom.
Gomez said that she was only one of several parents at the school demanding that officers stop waiting around and go into the school. It was then that "federal marshals approached her and put her in handcuffs," the Journal reports.
The marshals told her she was being arrested for "intervening in an active investigation." Gomez was able to convince local law enforcement to free her, but said she also saw a father pepper-sprayed, and another tackled and thrown to the ground by law enforcement as he tried to go to the school. His 10-year-old daughter was massacred in the slaughter.
Once freed, Gomez moved away from the crowd, broke into a run, jumped a fence, and ran inside to rescue her children. "She sprinted out of the school with them," the Journal reports.
The shooter had 40 minutes to an hour before law enforcement went in to neutralize him. He was eventually shot and killed by a border patrol agent who also sustained injuries.
Reports on social media showed footage of other parents trying to urge law enforcement to act, and to try to get into the school themselves. Police kept parents out.
A woman in one clip can be heard yelling "Shoot him or something!"
A man can be heard to say "They're all just f*cking parked outside, dude. They need to go in there."
Police had set up a perimeter around the building while the shooter was actively massacring small children.
Children who were in the school at the time and survived the shooting recounted their own stories of horror. One boy hid under a table-clothed table while the shooter killed children in their class. A young girl heard the shooter say "What do I have here?" as he opened the classroom door and began firing.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605973 05/26/22 11:26 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Secure the damn schools…….it’s been confirmed by DPS this nut job walked in the school before being confronted by law enforcement……. How much does secure locking doors and video surveillance cost? Not as much as sports facilities…… it’s about priorities…..

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Creekrunner] #8605977 05/26/22 11:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Speaking with a friend's dad's once, he explained his reason for being agnostic by saying he's "a scientist." 'Dude's a lab tech at a health facility. roflmao

Testing [censored] all day for parasites. Sounds like the life

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605979 05/26/22 11:32 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I hate to say it but schools will end up like prisons when it’s over,, what pisses me off is they can’t afford a few extra armed cops on the payroll but they can’t damn sure afford that 20 million dollar football field,,, priorities are all F’d up these days..

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: blancobuster] #8605981 05/26/22 11:34 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Who thinks their right to bear arms trumps the ability for a child to live? Where are the anti abortion guys to twist themselves in knots

…..a person that doesn’t have the ability to think with their brain…..thanks for volunteering…..hammer

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8605982 05/26/22 11:37 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Secure the damn schools…….it’s been confirmed by DPS this nut job walked in the school before being confronted by law enforcement……. How much does secure locking doors and video surveillance cost? Not as much as sports facilities…… it’s about priorities…..

40 billion dollars would give 8000 school districts 5 million dollars for security.

I think a lot needs to change, from school design to school placement close to police stations. This may be out there, but maybe even some cs gas canisters.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605997 05/26/22 11:51 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There is no reason to troll these guys. What kids are going through is failed family structure. Letting liberal teachers push their agendas. I pay for private school, public schools are a complete failure.

Government and adults have convinced kids that there are more than two genders. That men can compete as women. The problems is letting social media influence thoughts and identity. They are more responsible for the deterioration of America than Smith n Wesson.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8606026 05/27/22 12:28 AM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Yep…said it back on page 4 or something. Failure #1 was school was unsecured. Schools need to be locked down like Ft. Knox.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Roll-Tide] #8606029 05/27/22 12:37 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

40 billion dollars would give 8000 school districts 5 million dollars for security.

I think a lot needs to change, from school design to school placement close to police stations. This may be out there, but maybe even some cs gas canisters.

40 billion puts 3 armed guards in EVERY SINGLE public AND private school in the entire US and pays each person $100,000 per year. We just sent 40 bil to Ukraine and spend roughly 50 billion per year in aid to foreign countries. Y’all are making this way too complicated. It’s not about money. It’s really an easy problem to solve. The problem is politicians - both sides of the aisle- don’t give a flying [censored] about your kid unless they’re dead and they can politicize their death and further push their own agendas and pad their pockets.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8606052 05/27/22 01:32 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Thundervee

I just came here to troll because I knew you all would be stuck in the dark ages still. I used to peruse this site quite a bit, then I realized about 75% of the people on this site are blithering idiots. It is honestly pretty sad to see a bunch of dads and grandfathers on this site basically not give two [censored] about what kids are going through these days.

Whatever, yall keep killing deer and hogs over corn feeders behind high fences. I prefer elk anyways. If you hate liberal states stay the hell out of Colorado!

I actually feel sorry for your kids, if you even have relations with a female , they’ll be raised as puzzies like their “dad”. That’s a sad deal. Elk is tasty for sure, just know there’s plenty of us coming there and taking a lot of it home with us. Axis is also awesome, got any of that there? If not you should book a hunt so you can try it.

Thundervee, this is probably one of your more sane responses to something that deserves no sane response at all. This guy is a self-identified troll just looking to stir the pot and light some fire under our bums, and you responded not terribly. Are you turning a corner or just tired out from blasting other folks in other threads?

BTW, just razzing you man.... cheers

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8606103 05/27/22 02:47 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If you hate liberal states stay the hell out of Colorado!

What's your address? We'll ship Irish Bob to you. Y'all are both excellent at making azzes of yourselves.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: KRoyal] #8606118 05/27/22 03:11 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
One of my Sister-in-Law's best friends had 2 kids in that school, her daughter that was in the 4'th grade was murdered in that classroom. She had just posted pictures on FB of them holding their awards and graduating, the next day this happened. Sister-in-Law can't stop crying. Makes me want to puke.

Damn sorry to hear that brother. Just thinking about those kiddos last moments on this earth makes me kinda tear up. Absolutely heart breaking

Agree. Hate to hear that brother.

[Linked Image]
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Creekrunner] #8606119 05/27/22 03:14 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
[quote=blancobuster] If you hate liberal states stay the hell out of Colorado!

[censored] you, we are Texans and do what we damn well please you troll. You liberal screwjobs have not helped the great people of Colorado at all.

[Linked Image]
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Bee'z] #8606131 05/27/22 03:32 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 2Beez

[censored] you, we are Texans and do what we damn well please you troll. You liberal screwjobs have not helped the great people of Colorado at all.

They are adding up though.

Proverbs 2
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Sniper.270] #8606143 05/27/22 04:00 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Originally Posted by 2Beez

They are adding up though.

I agree. It is unfortunate but is will be what it is I guess.

[Linked Image]
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide