Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Greg] #8604610 05/25/22 03:25 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Greg
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
At my kids Elementry, jr high, and high school, you have to show ID on a camera and be buzzed in by the front office. Curious to find out how the he-she walked in. This should be a minimum at all schools

Unfortunately it is not the same protocol at every school. Especially the last week of school things tend to get lax.

Well it should be. Give the people in the office a few more seconds/minutes to draw their guns (that should also be mandatory) and start shooting.

I get that if someone is hell bent on killing, there’s not much that can be done. But every little bit helps. Video I saw didn’t look like the door was locked bang

All of our schools are that way. Actually two/double locked door entry system @ our elementary school.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604614 05/25/22 03:28 AM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Same

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604624 05/25/22 03:48 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
My kids school is two layers of doors that must be independently opened from the office. Sure, they could be broken, but it would definitely buy the folks inside some time to do the needful.

We got an email tonight from the Frisco ISD superintendent discussing what safety measures they have in place. Apparently, any Frisco PD officer can access any camera in the schools in realtime from their cars during an emergency. Seems like a good idea more districts should implement.

Last edited by SherpaPhil; 05/25/22 03:51 AM.
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604626 05/25/22 03:52 AM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Shooter was a crossdressing nutjob.
He didn't just snap today.
Mental deficiency
Many more just like him that need to be
confined in an old fashioned asylum
like they had 50 years ago.
At least this one is exactly where he needs to be

Photos online of this idiot in his dresses and
women's clothes and wigs and such.
Can't make them post on here and they'll probably be
deleted by morning. Can't portray perverts
in a negative light you know. They're just
peaceful and not violent at all

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604628 05/25/22 04:04 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Gonna happen again very soon. Copy cat fkd up kids that were not held enough when young. Born a dude, told they can be a chick if they feel like it. Video games and internet messing with their heads.
Gonna happen again very soon.

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604651 05/25/22 05:29 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
They should wipe his entire gene pool off the face of the earth, if he killed my kid I’d make sure nobody in his family ever bred again.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604659 05/25/22 07:27 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I can't sleep and I know I'm going to catch hell for this but, I don't understand IF there is such a great loving and powerful entity why does it stand by and let the helpless innocent ones be slaughtered NOT once Not Twice but so many times and lets such bad people run amuck among us? I don't get it but I feel betrayed in being told all these years to believe and trust and nothing ever changes don't give me The devil is powerful reason that one is worn completely out. I don't know where to go from here I'm lost.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: NORML as can be] #8604665 05/25/22 09:32 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Just asking; so you’re blaming God for this? I would say if you actually recognize you are “lost”; I would try to get involved in a local Bible teaching church.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8604666 05/25/22 09:34 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
At my kids Elementry, jr high, and high school, you have to show ID on a camera and be buzzed in by the front office. Curious to find out how the he-she walked in. This should be a minimum at all schools

Unfortunately it is not the same protocol at every school. Especially the last week of school things tend to get lax.

Well it should be. Give the people in the office a few more seconds/minutes to draw their guns (that should also be mandatory) and start shooting.

I get that if someone is hell bent on killing, there’s not much that can be done. But every little bit helps. Video I saw didn’t look like the door was locked bang

All of our schools are that way. Actually two/double locked door entry system @ our elementary school.

Keep in mind that these are just the front doors you are describing. Most schools have side and back doors that are not double locked and “monitored” by the front office.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Ranch Dawg] #8604667 05/25/22 09:40 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Gonna happen again very soon. Copy cat fkd up kids that were not held enough when young. Born a dude, told they can be a chick if they feel like it. Video games and internet messing with their heads.
Gonna happen again very soon.

Unfortunately, you are right. Its been a vicious cycle: mass shooting—> outcry and debate—>things calm down—>nothing changes—>mass shooting. Not sure how we break this but Im hoping TX leads the way here.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604687 05/25/22 11:35 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
That's sick.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604691 05/25/22 11:43 AM
B
bobcat1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I pray for the families that lost those precious lives. So sad.. cry

Bobby Barnett

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Stub] #8604694 05/25/22 11:48 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted by Stub
Tragic!
R.I.P. for the deceased, many prayers up to all of their family, friends and loved ones angel
X 1,000,000

Big Beckett!!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604757 05/25/22 01:10 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Prayers for all the victims and their families as well as the LEOs and medical personnel helping the injured.

Folks we can debate this sick chit all day and all night but the bottom line is our society is a mess today and we can blame it on video games, TV, internet, and whatever else we want to but the bottom line is it comes down to horrible parenting by many today! Who the hell cares what video games are out there because as a parent you should be spending time with your kids and monitoring EXACTLY what they watch, play, and do and there are MANY who do not. They let phones, Ipads, TVS, and PCs do the parenting so they don't have to!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604768 05/25/22 01:18 PM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Lean on your school boards to provide armed police at every school with a security door setup. Schools historically soft targets which is why these wack jobs choose them. Invest in the safety of your children by making the schools less soft.

At this point, I would suggest that any school that is not taking these precautions just does not care in any meaningful way about the safety of children and staff. This is not a new story.

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604769 05/25/22 01:18 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Condolences.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: NORML as can be] #8604777 05/25/22 01:22 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I can't sleep and I know I'm going to catch hell for this but, I don't understand IF there is such a great loving and powerful entity why does it stand by and let the helpless innocent ones be slaughtered NOT once Not Twice but so many times and lets such bad people run amuck among us? I don't get it but I feel betrayed in being told all these years to believe and trust and nothing ever changes don't give me The devil is powerful reason that one is worn completely out. I don't know where to go from here I'm lost.

Because He gave us free will and our faith is continually tested.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8604792 05/25/22 01:38 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Prayers for all the victims and their families as well as the LEOs and medical personnel helping the injured.

Folks we can debate this sick chit all day and all night but the bottom line is our society is a mess today and we can blame it on video games, TV, internet, and whatever else we want to but the bottom line is it comes down to horrible parenting by many today! Who the hell cares what video games are out there because as a parent you should be spending time with your kids and monitoring EXACTLY what they watch, play, and do and there are MANY who do not. They let phones, Ipads, TVS, and PCs do the parenting so they don't have to!

Agree with this big time. My Son just turned 4 on Friday. He loves the outdoors and playing outside. Last night when I was putting him to bed I told him we were going to have a lot of fun this weekend because it was a long weekend. Told him we were going to play outside on trampoline and water balloons and stuff. He said no, I don't want to play outside I want to watch TV.... I explained that is not how he'll be raised, he will be going outside and playing as much as possible, not couped up in the house watching TV. So not sure where the hell that came from, maybe thats what his friends at daycare like to do, but not going to fly in my house.

[Linked Image]

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8604793 05/25/22 01:39 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M

You know I've pastored and counseled A LOT of kids over the years, quite a number of them in some level of being watched for being at-risk as a potential future school shooter, from just worried about a kids actions to actively saying and or posting guns and threats. You know what I've seen as common to all boys, and especially marginalized boys, as all school shooters have been?

THEY AGREE WITH US! By us I mean what I simply call good ol' boys. And here's what I mean when I say they agree with us. They would love to go into the outdoors fishing and hunting with men who mentor rather than add to their marginalization. They would love to have something better to do than video games and TV and someone they respect to do those things with, and lead them to do them. They would love to have someone have their back and help them stand up to bullies. They agree that they'd like to have a strong identity in who they are, they so crave it they will accept those extreme versions that at least are defined and have seemingly accepting groups. They agree that they would like to have a higher power framework for healthy living, and I have never heard anyone actually rejecting the actual God, only rejecting what certain people have said about God that just ain't true. But they don't know that because they haven't heard good things from good men.

So who and what is at fault for this kind of stuff? Them, their parents, everybody, nobody? I've never really seen anyway solve their personal or relational problems by trying to figure out who is at fault. What I've seen as the effective problem solving perspective is a subtle but strong shift to identifying potential cause and effect factors (which can shift back so easily to looking like or being not helpful fault finding) and taking responsibly to take action on what THEY can do to eliminate, mitigate, or accommodate those factors that THEY can control or influence.

So who can do something about this? I reckon I will and I hope some good ol' boys will join in. These kind of boys need us and our society needs us to step up and help them.

DFW Roofing Contractor - Priority Roofing
HuntFishThrive.com

We are all in this together!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604801 05/25/22 01:55 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
First we need to understand one thing, the shooter was absolutely insane, nobody of right mind would do such a thing. So let's start from there and go back. As in most if not all of these shootings there's a history of mental illness/issues and a whole grocery list of folks that were aware of it. I'll say there's a 95% chance that holds true here. I'm no fan of Red Flag laws and how they can and will be abused but many of the past shooting might have been prevented had even a simple system been in place. We used to handle mental illness quite differently in the past, I'm not saying that's what we need to go back to it but we have to do something and that's the first place we need to start. The Psychotropic meds they're putting people on now are down right scary. The MSM ignores this like the plague.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8604802 05/25/22 01:55 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G

Good luck with that. There is almost no way to monitor what kids see on their phones or tablets. You can get your kids involved in lots of activities, teach them right from wrong, monitor who they hang out with, and communicate openly with them. But, you're not going to filter what they're able to see and access on phones. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themself.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604805 05/25/22 02:01 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
It's not video games, it's not TV, it's not society, it's arguably not even parenting and environment.

Unfortunately a certain % of any population is just...defective...and they will be defective no matter what the circumstance.

When did violent crime really start to take off in the US? The early 70s. What did we stop/ban in the late 1960s? THAT is a large part of your answer.

Yes, long-term mental institutions weren't necessarily a good thing - bad things happened there. But me personally - I would rather someone who cannot live peacefully in society - be locked up in there - vs free to be on the streets to do harm. 99% of any "mass shooting" is committed by these types of people - and ad nauseum it's the same story over and over.

Another flip-side to this coin is....we have known that schools are soft/easy targets for decades...literally since Columbine. School districts and the government claim there isn't enough money. Meanwhile school districts spend millions of dollars on sports stadiums and the government sends trillions of your dollars to foreign entities. Money was never the problem - they just flat don't care about your kids; until there is a tragedy they can profit or push an agenda from. Otherwise if they TRULY cared - over the past 30 years - they would have made your kids safe. Some districts have taken great measures...but most....they don't give a chit about your kid.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: KRoyal] #8604821 05/25/22 02:22 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Agree with this big time. My Son just turned 4 on Friday. He loves the outdoors and playing outside. Last night when I was putting him to bed I told him we were going to have a lot of fun this weekend because it was a long weekend. Told him we were going to play outside on trampoline and water balloons and stuff. He said no, I don't want to play outside I want to watch TV.... I explained that is not how he'll be raised, he will be going outside and playing as much as possible, not couped up in the house watching TV. So not sure where the hell that came from, maybe thats what his friends at daycare like to do, but not going to fly in my house.

You raise him like this and be a big part of his life and you will not have to worry about what your kid is out doing when he is 16 or 17 I can promise you that.

Good on you bro.

Hell, both mine (boy and girl) had to be outside with me when there was work to do even at very young ages. They asked why they had to pick up sticks, leaves, and dog chit when they were 4 or 5 years old and my simple answer was "you like to eat don't you"!

Last edited by ILUVBIGBUCKS; 05/25/22 02:24 PM.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Gringo Bling] #8604822 05/25/22 02:25 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Good luck with that. There is almost no way to monitor what kids see on their phones or tablets. You can get your kids involved in lots of activities, teach them right from wrong, monitor who they hang out with, and communicate openly with them. But, you're not going to filter what they're able to see and access on phones. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themself.

I disagree strongly.
You damn sure can monitor exactly what they are doing on a PC, IPAD, or a phone.
There are plenty of parental controls that can be used and done to do exactly this!

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8604825 05/25/22 02:27 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
My dad made help him mow, clean, work on cars etc. The latter was the best thing he ever did for me. Miss him every day.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide