Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: Hudbone] #8592634 05/06/22 06:52 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Guilty as a MF'r. Pay up &itches!

Always nice to know that before you go into a trial.

In this case, hell ya! This will be an easy civil lawsuit victory for the old lady and family. NO brainer. up

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592640 05/06/22 06:54 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Just what does she deserve from the tax paying citizens?

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592644 05/06/22 07:01 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
whatever the jury awards

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592648 05/06/22 07:03 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Mentally deficient and what she needs is tax payer funds. Glad you got that all figured out. Pretty sure those close to her will then pay her the attention she deserves.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592653 05/06/22 07:10 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
It's not about the money but rather people need to be held accountable for their lack of humanity. This convict's (ex PO) life is over as he knows it. All because he was a POS. I am certain that's what the jury saw in his criminal trial.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: Hudbone] #8592675 05/06/22 07:44 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Lemme see, . . . some lady shop lifted, got stopped, arrested and the cop is the bad guy here? I don't care how much he said he was sorry. The true abuse was on the part of the family & friends who let this tormented lady out on her own.

That family settled for 3 million. Hopefully they use the money to care for her so the world doesn't have to go through this again. Playing the odds though, they are blowing it on homes, trucks and boats for themselves.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592788 05/06/22 10:24 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Some things are just bad for everyone they touch. This is one of those sad cases.

Dementia, Alzheimer’s or whatever you want to call it is a horrible illness. Even after diagnosis it is often not initially severe enough to take a loved one’s independence away from them until it progresses to the point it is warranted. Often that progression is not recognized until an incident like this or worse. It is followed by a decline into a deeper and deeper fog and ultimately a helpless state and a death where those that know and love you are all strangers to the poor soul afflicted with dementia. I watched my wife’s mother go through it. Once a proud intelligent and loving woman, dementia stripped everything she once was away from her. The family was faced with the necessity of either putting her in a home, having a professional present in her home 24/7, or one of us quitting our job to tend to her. I pity the future facing the little old woman with dementia, a dislocated shoulder, and broken arm.

On one side of the incident: the little old lady’s actions left no choice other than to arrest her. Had the former officer reasonably restrained her and took her down town and contacted her family, it would have got sorted out without any hulabaloo. That is not how it went down. On the other side of the incident: if the former officer was incapable of subduing a resisting 72 year old little old lady without dislocation of her shoulder and breaking an arm, he is in the wrong profession. Leaving her in that condition for hours without medical attention is inexcusable. It gives a lot of good men and women in blue a black eye. I respect officers putting a few knots on the head of a deserving criminal who resists arrest and have it coming. Not in this instance.

The former police officer in my opinion had no way of knowing the old woman’s mental state but that is not relevant. His poor judgement of roughing up an old woman is relevant. His actions costing the local taxpayers he swore to serve and protect $3,000,000 is ironic at best and has to suck for those paying taxes in his jurisdiction.

The local taxpayers footing the financial bill doesn’t seem fitting but life is not always fair…. If you get right down to it though, the taxpayers probably got off light. Had the civil compensation been decided by a jury, the amount could have potentially been substantially higher.

Ultimately the policeman got what he had coming. 5 years for a three million dollar mistake, out of the pockets of the locals could be viewed by some as getting off light. When all is said and done, I will be surprised if he actually does more than 18 months behind bars. I would not be surprised if he receives some rough treatment of his own while incarcerated. Karma…

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: DQ Kid] #8592815 05/06/22 10:52 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
As Smokey said, dementia is horrible. My grandfather had it. It’s something I truly hope no other family has to go through. It’s certainly not as simple as “the true abuse was on the part of the family & friends who let this fragile, tormented lady out on her own.” This is a BS, callous and ridiculous way to think about dementia, and it reeks of someone having zero clue what they’re talking about.

I feel terrible for the officer as well, as he had a tough job and an extremely tough situation. Five years is too severe, but I think DQ has it right.

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
This one strikes me as a bit excessive, 5 years jail time for a tough arrest. I could have seen maybe 12-18 months maybe even 3-5 years of probation. Sure didn't look that physical to me..

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592828 05/06/22 11:18 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
So glad I am not LEO and so thankful for those who protect me.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592914 05/07/22 01:41 AM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Obviously some of you all performed more research into this case beyond the OP posted newslink to know of the dislocated, broken arm. I still stand by my original thinking that the criminal penalty of 5 years is about 3-4 too many. This was always going to be more a civil issue based on the policeman actions and awarding $3M seems more than generous for a dislocated shoulder. I very much agree with Hud in asking, how a woman in this mental condition could be considered lucid enough to not have constant personal guidance. Doesn't justify a rough arrest but does seem at least a contributory factor.
I think back to the 2015 McKinney officer, Casebolt bodyslamming of the 15yo African American girl after the tensions between the Anglo Craig Ranch residents and the predominant African American pool partiers, invited or not. That officer resigned but was ultimately not criminally charged and the city only paid out $168K civilly. That incident was clearly excessive police force used. That officer also justified his actions as part of being "stressed" and having "a bad day".

Last edited by DQ Kid; 05/07/22 01:43 AM.
Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592918 05/07/22 01:46 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Pop ups ate me up on that article

Old lady stole and cop broke her arm, what’d I miss?

[censored] happens, cops ain’t not GD psychologist

That’s all I got, so if there’s more I’m all ears

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: ntxtrapper] #8592940 05/07/22 02:23 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

That family settled for 3 million. Hopefully they use the money to care for her so the world doesn't have to go through this again. Playing the odds though, they are blowing it on homes, trucks and boats for themselves.

I would hope that due to this woman's deteriorating mental capacity that the settlement would be placed in a trust set up for her care/needs...and not just a check handed over to her loved ones to spend as they saw fit.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592941 05/07/22 02:26 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Anybody ever fought a diabetic?

Just curious.

When it’s on it’s on, you find out later

The pop ups got me on that one

Id just like a better perspective on what happened

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592960 05/07/22 02:50 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I pray that I remain behind a desk for the rest of my 13 years. I’d sure hate to be publicly criticized by people that have zero training, zero experience, but for damn sure can watch an edited video and determine my fate before trial.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592971 05/07/22 03:16 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
IMO he got the 5 years not for the rough arrest and handling but for bragging how he roughed her up to his fellow officers. Karma will be rough on him.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: BigPig] #8592979 05/07/22 03:31 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by BigPig
I pray that I remain behind a desk for the rest of my 13 years.

So do I brother. Not for lack of skill or knowing the law but for what this has became.

[Linked Image]
Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: BigPig] #8592986 05/07/22 04:13 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I pray that I remain behind a desk for the rest of my 13 years. I’d sure hate to be publicly criticized by people that have zero training, zero experience, but for damn sure can watch an edited video and determine my fate before trial.

Yep

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: BigPig] #8593012 05/07/22 10:40 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

I am with you Biggie. We are creating a culture where LEO's are no longer willing to engage. LEO is fearful of videos and Monday morning arm chair quarterbacking. Swift, decisive action is being replaced by hesitancy or a total lack of response. This will end up hurting more than it helps. There's no perfect world out there and there are few perfect LEO responses.

Belief mine - the LEO in question should never have been put in the position he found himself in. That ladies family and/or "the system" failed her, it failed that policeman and it failed whomever was responsible to pay the $3,000,000.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8593013 05/07/22 10:46 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
IMO he got the 5 years not for the rough arrest and handling but for bragging how he roughed her up to his fellow officers.

Listen to yourself.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: Hudbone] #8593042 05/07/22 12:19 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I am with you Biggie. We are creating a culture where LEO's are no longer willing to engage. LEO is fearful of videos and Monday morning arm chair quarterbacking. Swift, decisive action is being replaced by hesitancy or a total lack of response. This will end up hurting more than it helps. There's no perfect world out there and there are few perfect LEO responses.

Belief mine - the LEO in question should never have been put in the position he found himself in. That ladies family and/or "the system" failed her, it failed that policeman and it failed whomever was responsible to pay the $3,000,000.

Where the heck do you dudes live that beating a little old ladies [censored] is something to brag to your buddies about? How can you possibly be surprised that any man with any self respect does not stand behind that kind of mess? Then somehow justifying the fellow unjointing the old woman by blaming it on her family? Un F’n believable! I’m out on this one.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: Hudbone] #8593057 05/07/22 01:06 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
IMO he got the 5 years not for the rough arrest and handling but for bragging how he roughed her up to his fellow officers.

Listen to yourself.

As you spout diarrhea from your keyboard. Lol

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8593067 05/07/22 01:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Man this is a tough one and I always back the police first until proven otherwise.

To me it is apparent that the police mishandled this situation but to what degree is unknown for they do not show the whole video of everything that transpired.
I will not cast stones at our PoPo for I have never walked in their shoes and have no real clue what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Last edited by Stub; 05/07/22 01:37 PM.

texas flag

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8593075 05/07/22 01:51 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
No need to cast stones or see a full length video. The CO PD, Prosecutor, Jury and Judge did it for “the people”. He’s now a convicted felon. System is not perfect but it’s the only one there is. The rest of us are spectators with an opinion. Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 05/07/22 02:49 PM.

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: DQ Kid] #8593077 05/07/22 01:57 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Obviously some of you all performed more research into this case beyond the OP posted newslink to know of the dislocated, broken arm. I still stand by my original thinking that the criminal penalty of 5 years is about 3-4 too many. This was always going to be more a civil issue based on the policeman actions and awarding $3M seems more than generous for a dislocated shoulder. I very much agree with Hud in asking, how a woman in this mental condition could be considered lucid enough to not have constant personal guidance. Doesn't justify a rough arrest but does seem at least a contributory factor.
I think back to the 2015 McKinney officer, Casebolt bodyslamming of the 15yo African American girl after the tensions between the Anglo Craig Ranch residents and the predominant African American pool partiers, invited or not. That officer resigned but was ultimately not criminally charged and the city only paid out $168K civilly. That incident was clearly excessive police force used. That officer also justified his actions as part of being "stressed" and having "a bad day".

This incident was covered widely in Denver. We get their news stations up here. I've seen the video of the arrest and in the station where she begged for medical treatment and they laughed at her.
Sorry but no one deserves that treatment over $13 worth of anything.

She is currently in an assisted living facility as she went downhill after the incident according to her family.

This article has good info and links I believe to the videos: https://www.reporterherald.com/2021...over-her-arrest-in-newly-released-video/

Re: Former CO Police Officer [Re: The Dude Abides] #8593089 05/07/22 02:28 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
No need to cast stones or see a full length video. The CO PD, Prosecutor, Jury and Judge did it for “the people”. System is not perfect but it’s the only one there is. The rest of us are spectators. Happy Mother's Day!

You may not need to see the full video to draw your own decisive conclusion, I do.
As I said previously "it is Apparent that they mishandled the situation".

I am not going to do a self righteous knee jerk reaction and condemn these police officers to the most extreme penalties without knowing all of the facts!

I guess you believe that as you pointed out ("The CO PD, Prosecutor, Jury and Judge did it for “the people" ) that none of these folks would ever be influenced by political or other influential pressures to make unjust decisions for fear of probable negative backlash?

And a Happy LGBTQ month to you up

Last edited by Stub; 05/07/22 02:29 PM.

texas flag

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide