D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
[Linked Image]

Should be here Friday.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8588033 04/29/22 11:21 PM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
They are here.

[Linked Image]

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8588034 04/29/22 11:25 PM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
[Linked Image]

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8607678 05/29/22 03:48 PM
T
TxYoteHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Just watched a video about these binoculars. Full of some really cool features. The only thing holding me back is the price. I’m sure they’re worth it though. Congratulations on owning a pair of these.

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8613493 06/06/22 01:59 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
8…? Why not 10?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: freerange] #8613500 06/06/22 02:11 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by freerange
8…? Why not 10?

x2

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: Judd] #8613517 06/06/22 02:54 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by freerange
8…? Why not 10?

x2

Because they don’t make a 12x grin

8x is probably first to market in availability but I haven’t been following so i may be way off. 8x do have a really high FOV

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8613877 06/06/22 06:34 PM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
Actually just wanted to try the 8’s to see how I liked them.
They seem to be easier to range with versus the 10x I have. I did also want a wider FOV but it’s not a big difference.

They are a pleasure to tote and use but the RF and Ballistic data is not as fast as the Swaro TA’s but the Swaro’s are heavier bulkier. Actually the Sig 10 k are the best RF/ Ballistic I have seen to date by FAR...
BUT the glass is pretty hard to settle for after using these two so I sold the Sig’s.

Plan to sell one of these two but it’s a tough decision so haven’t yet.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8613960 06/06/22 08:35 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I really like my Sig 3000's and had about talked myself into the 10k's but after you and others have commented on the glass quality I've decided I'm not pulling that trigger until I can look through some...which may never happen. The good news...my eyes suck and the 3000's are as good as just about anything I've looked through except the Pure 12x and they don't have range/ballistics...I'm addicted to the range/ballistics so those aren't an option for me, but DAMN were they impressive.

Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614112 06/07/22 12:23 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im not into the higher end stuff but thinking about researching it a little, then maybe.... So, im curious, if you buy something like that new and then sell it soon as used, about how much of a discount from new could be expected? I may be interested in the 10x if you sell it.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614142 06/07/22 01:05 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
freerange - 10-20% of the high end stuff used is considered a good deal….you’ll catch one periodically less if your patient and see several closer to retail.

If you don’t care about the ballistic stuff…go buy the 12x Swarvo NL Pure (10x if you must, saw a used set of 10’s today for $2600). It’s the first binos I’ve actually looked through and my first word was WOW! I would normally say 12x is bordering too much but the FOV on them helps with the shaking. I shake and require two hands and prefer something to lean on. I’ve twisted my mind around every which way I can think of to buy them but I know I’ll never be happy without the rangefinder and ballistics being inside the bino and not a separate device.

DS - If you’ve looked through the NL Pure’s, how does the TA’s compare? I think I remember you running the 3000’s some, how is the interface/app by Swarvo versus the 3000…more specifically, will I hate the Swarvo app? wink

Edit to not completely Jack your post - have you got to play with the Leica anymore smile

Last edited by Judd; 06/07/22 01:15 AM. Reason: Added Leica stuff

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: Judd] #8614145 06/07/22 01:10 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Judd
freerange - 10-20% of the high end stuff used is considered a good deal….you’ll catch one periodically less if your patient and see several closer to retail.

If you don’t care about the ballistic stuff…go buy the 12x Swarvo NL Pure (10x if you must, saw a used set of 10’s today for $2600). It’s the first binos I’ve actually looked through and my first word was WOW! I would normally say 12x is bordering too much but the FOV on them helps with the shaking. I shake and require two hands and prefer something to lean on. I’ve twisted my mind around every which way I can think of to buy them but I know I’ll never be happy without the rangefinder and ballistics being inside the bino and not a separate device.

DS - If you’ve looked through the NL Pure’s, how does the TA’s compare? I think I remember you running the 3000’s some, how is the interface/app by Swarvo versus the 3000…more specifically, will I hate the Swarvo app? wink

I definitely do not want the ballistics, but if I go high end binos I do want the range finder. Likely I would want 10x.
Thanks Judd.

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614150 06/07/22 01:17 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614237 06/07/22 03:06 AM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
Actually the Sig 3000’s to my eyes were not that bad but I had a “ good” pair. The collimation was perfect and the glass looked natural and while they aren’t Alpha glass they were good enough I was happy.
The Sig 10 K have such a blue tint that they look darker to me.
The 10K is definitely next level over anything I have used including the old Terrapin as far as ranging goes.
They are lighting fast and very precise for ranging small targets. If the glass had a natural color they would be a no brainer choice.
The Swaro RF TA are very quick both ranging and read out for your drop. The app is pretty basic but gives solid data that matches the Applied Ballistic on the other two. You can only have 3 guns in the Swaro app and you chose one.
The Sig can have a bunch not even sure how many but I have at least 10 or more.

I have not tried the Pures yet but am sure at some point I will but I can’t go back to not having a RF in my Binoculars just too easy.

The Swaro and the Leica cannot range as far as the 10 K but they go far enough for me in my application.
The Leica are not as good as Sig for hitting smaller targets at distance and they are a few seconds slower.
Also unless you pay 150.00 you don’t get Ballistic readings past 800 yds which is a bummer.
I just Bluetooth to my watch which has AB and then they work fine out to 2200 or so which is as far as I have tried.

Last edited by DStroud; 06/07/22 03:20 AM.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614273 06/07/22 04:53 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Great run down, thank you!

Might be time to wait and see how reactive Sig will be to the blue deal. I don’t hate my Sigs, I have been really happy with them. Again, thanks.

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614438 06/07/22 01:51 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by DStroud
Actually the Sig 3000’s to my eyes were not that bad but I had a “ good” pair. The collimation was perfect and the glass looked natural and while they aren’t Alpha glass they were good enough I was happy.
The Sig 10 K have such a blue tint that they look darker to me.
The 10K is definitely next level over anything I have used including the old Terrapin as far as ranging goes.
They are lighting fast and very precise for ranging small targets. If the glass had a natural color they would be a no brainer choice.
The Swaro RF TA are very quick both ranging and read out for your drop. The app is pretty basic but gives solid data that matches the Applied Ballistic on the other two. You can only have 3 guns in the Swaro app and you chose one.
The Sig can have a bunch not even sure how many but I have at least 10 or more.

I have not tried the Pures yet but am sure at some point I will but I can’t go back to not having a RF in my Binoculars just too easy.

The Swaro and the Leica cannot range as far as the 10 K but they go far enough for me in my application.
The Leica are not as good as Sig for hitting smaller targets at distance and they are a few seconds slower.
Also unless you pay 150.00 you don’t get Ballistic readings past 800 yds which is a bummer.
I just Bluetooth to my watch which has AB and then they work fine out to 2200 or so which is as far as I have tried.

Good rundown, thanks. So, for strictly a hunting application, which way do you go ,knowing what you know?

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614487 06/07/22 03:01 PM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
For Strictly Hunting I am leaning Leica for two reasons size/ weight is one and price is another but I say leaning for a reason. Hard to decide if the extra weight and bulk and price tag is worth a quicker RF and Ballistic response time.
I am giving the glass equal footing because both are really good but maybe the Swaro are a touch better especially at dark but that’s due to 32 versus 42mm

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614499 06/07/22 03:14 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Thanks, I understand. I'd assume to my 61 yr old eyes that glass would be close enough between the two to not make much of a difference to me. I like the size of the Pro's, and I'd pick the 8x for the reasons you said as well. I'm probably odd guy out on this one, but a Vortex Fury AB with Razor glass would be all I need.

Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614517 06/07/22 03:28 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
The Sig Kilo 3000 Class 1M BDX are the first expensive (to me) bino's I have owned so I don't have anything to compare them to. I like them. All I wanted was to be able to range quickly and accurately and have clarity better than your average pair of $500.00 binoculars. I have used them a lot in the 6 months I have had them. The feature I really like is the ability to laser an animal sized target quickly. I tested it on a utility pole at home and at 200 yards that was easy to laser. It was easy to use the blue tooth feature and get my load data in them. I don't know if I will use them for that, I still have some work to do on my rifle and ammo. The glass looks natural, I don't notice any color deviation. I wear glasses, and with the eye caps all the way down they are great, I have no problem focusing.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614645 06/07/22 05:56 PM
D
DStroud Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
D
Everything on the Sig 10K is a marked improvement over the kilo3000 except the bluish color tint that you see looking thru them. It’s exactly like looking thru sun shades that change the way all the colors look to your eyes.
Not sure the reasons they did that but they all have it.
The eye cups and diopter setting are much more robust and ranging is leaps and bounds better than 3000’s with more data provided in the display.
As Judd mentioned above I will end up with another pair as soon as Sig gets the color issues remedied if and when they do.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: App downloaded and now wait [Re: DStroud] #8614698 06/07/22 07:08 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by DStroud
Everything on the Sig 10K is a marked improvement over the kilo3000 except the bluish color tint that you see looking thru them. It’s exactly like looking thru sun shades that change the way all the colors look to your eyes.
Not sure the reasons they did that but they all have it.
The eye cups and diopter setting are much more robust and ranging is leaps and bounds better than 3000’s with more data provided in the display.
As Judd mentioned above I will end up with another pair as soon as Sig gets the color issues remedied if and when they do.

It sounds as if all the improvements were lost on the bluish color tint. After all, it starts with clarity and color differentiation, right?

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide