Re: Depopulation [Re: Treinta-Treinta] #8585206 04/25/22 06:50 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Treinta-Treinta
Latest data says no such thing as CWD, it was based on contaminated lab results in the sixties.

If you don’t know what I’m referencing then you are way behind the power curve and completely uniformed (ignorant).

Probably the same with your opinions on Coronaviri.

So its all political and subjective.

It will take some time for those who justify there existence off of CWD to let go just like the coronaviri disciples.

Y’all know the type, its like a game warden that writes you or an excited 8 year old kid a ticket for bringing up the wrong sized fish from depth and keeping it. You know the fish, you bring them up so fast they explode and die but the kid is happy anyway and you figure why waste a dead fish instead of throwing back a dead fish…Yeah, those type demons !

Is this post a joke, sarcasm, or am I just “way behind the power curve(ignorant)”?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Depopulation [Re: Treinta-Treinta] #8585305 04/25/22 08:49 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Treinta-Treinta
Latest data says no such thing as CWD, it was based on contaminated lab results in the sixties.

If you don’t know what I’m referencing then you are way behind the power curve and completely uniformed (ignorant).

Probably the same with your opinions on Coronaviri.

So its all political and subjective.

It will take some time for those who justify there existence off of CWD to let go just like the coronaviri disciples.

Y’all know the type, its like a game warden that writes you or an excited 8 year old kid a ticket for bringing up the wrong sized fish from depth and keeping it. You know the fish, you bring them up so fast they explode and die but the kid is happy anyway and you figure why waste a dead fish instead of throwing back a dead fish…Yeah, those type demons !

Speaking of ignorant, lets hear your justification on CWD not existing.
If its the Gore argument you need to read the paper he misinterpreted.

Re: Depopulation [Re: rickt300] #8585746 04/26/22 01:29 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
This CWD initiative is probably being done to make feeding deer illegal.

I would not doubt that.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Depopulation [Re: Judd] #8585780 04/26/22 02:04 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Well, I sure hate to see those deer need to be euthanized, but I sure hate to see non captive deer get the disease too. Disease carrying prions don't stop at a fence of any kind. At some point in anything, our system of our government agencies has to do what they believe they need to do. Its pretty likely, especially here in Texas, that those folks in TPWD kinda like deer and people's businesses that relate to deer, and other wildlife and would sure not like to rock any boats if they don't believe they need to. It's also pretty likely that they know a hell of a lot more than me or most others on this issue.

I attended the TPWD commission meeting on these practices and heard interesting and well thought out testimony on both sides. Seemed pretty clear though that this was a collision of private interest versus public harm, and in no issue of any kind should private interest be allowed to harm those of the public. That is what made and should make America great, its why we started this whole experiment as different from any previous form of living together as a society.

I sure didn't like the way the Fort Worth newspaper's article made this sound like the big bad government was out to kill someone's pets. Its our agency trying to protect our deer held in public trust for all of our benefit.

DFW Roofing Contractor - Priority Roofing
HuntFishThrive.com

We are all in this together!
Re: Depopulation [Re: Judd] #8585809 04/26/22 02:44 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I hated to read that article. I know the owners and have played some large pots of poker with them. Toured the place once and its very impressive....they are good folks. The deer on Bobs place get treated better than humans! I'd like to hear from people like James kroll and other deer biologist.

Seems like something other than killing the entire herd can/should be done.

Re: Depopulation [Re: mickeyhft] #8585878 04/26/22 04:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by mickeyhft
Well, I sure hate to see those deer need to be euthanized, but I sure hate to see non captive deer get the disease too. Disease carrying prions don't stop at a fence of any kind. At some point in anything, our system of our government agencies has to do what they believe they need to do. Its pretty likely, especially here in Texas, that those folks in TPWD kinda like deer and people's businesses that relate to deer, and other wildlife and would sure not like to rock any boats if they don't believe they need to. It's also pretty likely that they know a hell of a lot more than me or most others on this issue.

I attended the TPWD commission meeting on these practices and heard interesting and well thought out testimony on both sides. Seemed pretty clear though that this was a collision of private interest versus public harm, and in no issue of any kind should private interest be allowed to harm those of the public. That is what made and should make America great, its why we started this whole experiment as different from any previous form of living together as a society.

I sure didn't like the way the Fort Worth newspaper's article made this sound like the big bad government was out to kill someone's pets. Its our agency trying to protect our deer held in public trust for all of our benefit.

Are they? We still have a CWD mule deer population in west Tx, CWD whitetail/mule deer population in the western panhandle… all areas that have had CWD long before any breeder in TX had it, as in decades.

So I guess they don’t care if it’s in wild populations

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Depopulation [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8585893 04/26/22 04:38 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M

Are they? We still have a CWD mule deer population in west Tx, CWD whitetail/mule deer population in the western panhandle… all areas that have had CWD long before any breeder in TX had it, as in decades.

So I guess they don’t care if it’s in wild populations [/quote]

I spent last weekend volunteering on public lands habitat work with the West Texas mule deer biologist and yes, they sure are doing what they can and they sure do care. Trying to contain CWD in a captive herd and a wild herd are two different, well animals.

HuntFishThrive.com

Re: Depopulation [Re: mickeyhft] #8585908 04/26/22 04:57 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I spent last weekend volunteering on public lands habitat work with the West Texas mule deer biologist and yes, they sure are doing what they can and they sure do care. Trying to contain CWD in a captive herd and a wild herd are two different, well animals.

Sounds pretty simple eliminate the herd, it is what they do every where else in TX.

No state can show a substantial population caused CWD decrease that’s doesn’t involve winter or drought caused recruitment issues, or human culling efforts.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Depopulation [Re: BenBob] #8585913 04/26/22 05:02 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BenBob
Originally Posted by rickt300
This CWD initiative is probably being done to make feeding deer illegal.

I would not doubt that.

They did a bit of that in Michigan

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Depopulation [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8585918 04/26/22 05:08 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Sounds pretty simple eliminate the heard, what they do every where else in TX.

Ha, if you think they arrived at their policy to eliminate a CWD positive captive deer herd "simply" then you are extremely unaware of the issue and its subsequent TPWD policies. Whether one agrees with their policies or not, no policy or action has been "pretty simple" for anyone. As for what they do with non-captive CWD cases, hell if I know, they do what they do. Because they know what to do and I don't need to know what they do. Although to be honest, I have been briefed on it a number of times and I didn't really listen, I was thinking about what I can and need to do to continue conserving and restoring hunting and wildlife.

By the way, our own Texas Wildlife Association and its dearly departed expert Dr. Bob, who's wife very emotionally testified before the TPWD commission on this issue, are in full support of TPWD's policies and actions in regards to CWD.

HuntFishThrive.com

Re: Depopulation [Re: mickeyhft] #8585930 04/26/22 05:36 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Ha, if you think they arrived at their policy to eliminate a CWD positive captive deer herd "simply" then you are extremely unaware of the issue and its subsequent TPWD policies. Whether one agrees with their policies or not, no policy or action has been "pretty simple" for anyone. As for what they do with non-captive CWD cases, hell if I know, they do what they do. Because they know what to do and I don't need to know what they do. Although to be honest, I have been briefed on it a number of times and I didn't really listen, I was thinking about what I can and need to do to continue conserving and restoring hunting and wildlife.

By the way, our own Texas Wildlife Association and its dearly departed expert Dr. Bob, who's wife very emotionally testified before the TPWD commission on this issue, are in full support of TPWD's policies and actions in regards to CWD.

I was heavily into it, going all the way back to when TAHC and TPWD were fighting over federal funding dollars for it aka jurisdiction.

It’s been an on going debate in TX for 10 years and nationally for 50 years. I see you swiped right over my population comment.

West TX population containment would of been real simple if they would of taken the same methodology as they do with private containment, as those areas are some of the lowest population densities in TX , but they choose not to follow their own policies. Probably because they don’t work.

End of the day CWD expression takes longer then most natural life spans.

It’s a Waste of Tax payer money.

Re: Depopulation [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8585945 04/26/22 05:55 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M

I was heavily into it, going all the way back to when TAHC and TPWD were fighting over federal funding dollars for it aka jurisdiction.

It’s been an on going debate in TX for 10 years and nationally for 50 years. I see you swiped right over my population comment.

West TX population containment would of been real simple if they would of taken the same methodology as they do with private containment, as those areas are some of the lowest population densities in TX , but they choose not to follow their own policies. Probably because they don’t work.

End of the day CWD expression takes longer then most natural life spans.

It’s a Waste of Tax payer money.

I wonder why TPWD does not consult you on these issues? You seem to have it all figured out and it makes me wonder why the whole of TPWD cannot figure out what you seem to have.

HuntFishThrive.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide