Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S

Boat in hunting areas
Red river
West of lake texoma hunting
Who else enjoys using a boat to get to those public honey holes

Just a good Ol’ boy running the creeks and river in an all-weld grizzly with a go-devil surface drive

Come check out my YouTube channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UC1RhsBeR3BcSwLx72hqkQkw
Re: Boat in areas [Re: stoneman2] #8582192 04/20/22 10:22 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Nice

Re: Boat in areas [Re: Biscuit] #8582939 04/21/22 10:01 PM
S
stoneman2 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S
thanks

Just a good Ol’ boy running the creeks and river in an all-weld grizzly with a go-devil surface drive

Re: Boat in areas [Re: stoneman2] #8584468 04/24/22 05:07 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Many Many years ago my long time duck hunting partner and I were hunting the east side of a small peninsula where the road dead ends into the Red River on very cold December morning. We had shot a couple teal and shot at some mallards but didn't score, and decided to build a small campfire in the firepit at the west end of the road in. Got the coffee pot going and had just settled in when a Texas Game Warden walked in on us. Asked as usual to see guns & licenses yadda yadda and see our kill. He chuckled when all we could show him were 3 or 4 teal. He took the offer of a cup of coffee to warm up with when a huge flock crows flew over and we got excited. About that time a Oklahoma Game Warden went sailing by us on the Texas side of the river, but couldn't see us sitting about 100 yards back from the river. The Texas Warden got upset and walked down to the water to make sure the Okie Warden stayed in his boat. When the Texas Warden came back up the incline he said very clearly "This is the Texas side of the River and I'm hearing complaints about the Okie Warden writing $200 trespass tickets on Texas side of the River".

He volunteered to show us another place to hunt where the Okie Warden was not supposed to even enter on the SOUTH side of the river, and offered to drive us over there, on the west side of the peninsula, and the place was swarming with ducks where the water went into a tree line and created a large 10+ acre pool, and took us back to our car. We hunted there that afternoon and killed a couple Wood Ducks and 3 Mallards. Well I guess the Okie Warden put the word out cause the rest of the season the Honey Hole was overrun with trash and hunters. I went up again by myself to the 1st place and did a really dumb thing when I attempted to wade across a shallow pond just off the main channel...I literally had to swim out in 2' of water while trying to keep my waders from pulling me under...using my 870 Remmy to reach the firm spots on the bottom ...but I got some ducks and a couple shots at geese. Got home and totally disassembled the shotgun and put it in the wife's oven to dry it out...and drowned it in lube oil... she really Loved the smell of warm gun oil in her kitchen....I some times wonder how we've stayed married for 55 years....

Just one of many fond memories of Texoma. The wife is already making noise about moving back up there when I'm gone to be closer to our 2 son's if I precede her, with all my ailments. I keep telling her the place ain't what it used to be, where we lived 11 years waiting for me to recover or pass from VA Dallas's "not always so tender or accurate mercies" facing just south of Grand Pappies across Little Mineral and our own private boathouse.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 04/24/22 05:32 PM. Reason: Clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Boat in areas [Re: WileyCoyote] #8584954 04/25/22 01:48 PM
S
stoneman2 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S
Thanks for the memories Wiley, we actually had an Oklahoma game warden in a huge airboat scare all old those geese off before we could make a sneak on them
No tickets though …we had satellite pin on our phone showing we were well on the Texas side of the line so he lets us go about our business
But I believe you about getting a ticket if we couldn’t prove it …
I was just lucky to get a snow coming back around after they left or the burn would have been a bit more irritating

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide