Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: wp75169] #8578657 04/14/22 10:41 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted by wp75169
Originally Posted by dkershen
Wonder if he'll simply do a hostile take over if they refuse him? Take a page from T Boone Picken's playbook.

I was under the impression that this is a hostile take over. How does it differ?

I suspect he'll continue to accumulate stock and increase his ability to control the board. He refused the board position they offered because Twitter bylaws limit board members to a 14% stake. That tells me his plan "b" if they refuse his $54 offer is to continue buying shares until he has enough control to replace the board. The way these deals typically pan out is that a "white knight" company comes in and buys the takeover target and pay's off the hostile bidder. I'm sure Twitter is hunting for a white knight right now. T Boone got stupid rich playing the hostile take over game and nearly doubled his money every time he targeted a company. But I don't think that's Elon goal here. Money is just a tool to him. I think he really wants to fix global free speech. Or at least I hope he does.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8578696 04/14/22 11:30 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by Stub
Twitter is NOT a private company since they've been through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and are listed on the NASDAQ.

Private sector meaning not public. Not talking private vs public ownership. Duck_Hunter's point was simply that Dems are getting upset about the possibility of Musk's move.

I am glad you can read his mind confused2 For he specifically said Private Corporation not Private Sector.

If your psychic powers are correct and he meant sector, then I get it.

I read same as MM on DH. Private meaning not Gov. There for not bound by free speech.

Yep lets just forget what he actually wrote in plain English for all to read (This is a private corporation and can do what it wants”)

No Biggy and maybe he meant sector only he really knows! But if you want to keep Spinning it, keep on keeping on up

Reminds me of a song grin

texas flag

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: KRoyal] #8578725 04/15/22 12:36 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I guess I do not understand why the left is mad? What do they think is gonna happen? Twitter is voluntary, they can simply uninstall the app.

Because Facebook and Twitter are arms of the DNC. If they lose one of them it’ll be a huge hit to their propaganda machine and their suppression of information.

Nailed it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578727 04/15/22 12:37 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Musk should team up with Thiel to buy it and watch heads explode. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578830 04/15/22 02:26 AM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Here is a solid trigger for the far left on the meaning of free speech.
[Linked Image]

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578915 04/15/22 06:58 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
[

Stub….Spinning?

You missed the fundamental core of the thought

“This is a private corporation and can do what it wants” are now losing their minds over this news. Focus on the their. Paraphrasing the liberal board over its reasoning for censorship of Trump and other conservatives is amusing because it goes both ways.

Free speech is only a constraint on the Government by the constitution. It’s Not a privately held company issue, regardless of who or whom own shares

Publicly traded or not publicly traded it’s still a private non government held company.

Any way the whole irony is once he owns controlling influence over the board he controls company policy and it’s restraints on whom he choses to censor.

I can’t wait to see how he taunts the SEC

Elon hates both sides of the establishment, so it will be interesting when he releases his findings

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578933 04/15/22 11:17 AM
P
PappawRock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Vanguard sniffs and snorts in a NWO attempt to stave off the inevitable... https://www.dailywire.com/news/elon...other-buyer-ups-its-stake-in-the-company

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578935 04/15/22 11:26 AM
P
PappawRock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578937 04/15/22 11:32 AM
P
PappawRock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
And of course the commies intend to go to any lengths to keep the censorship going: https://thelibertydaily.com/the-bid...ions-from-multiple-agencies-to-stop-him/

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8578941 04/15/22 11:38 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
[

Stub….Spinning?

You missed the fundamental core of the thought

“This is a private corporation and can do what it wants” are now losing their minds over this news. Focus on the their. Paraphrasing the liberal board over its reasoning for censorship of Trump and other conservatives is amusing because it goes both ways.

Free speech is only a constraint on the Government by the constitution. It’s Not a privately held company issue, regardless of who or whom own shares

Publicly traded or not publicly traded it’s still a private non government held company.

Any way the whole irony is once he owns controlling influence over the board he controls company policy and it’s restraints on whom he choses to censor.

I can’t wait to see how he taunts the SEC

Elon hates both sides of the establishment, so it will be interesting when he releases his findings

BOBO

dead_horse

No sir I did not miss "fundamental core thought" which I agree with. "The libs are losing their minds and their heads will explode if Elon controls Twitter".

(The same people who have told conservatives complaining about unfair moderation on Twitter to “go develop your own social media!
This is a private corporation and can do what it wants” are now losing their minds over this news.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unless I am missing something in his quote above and he was not referring to Twitter in the above comment in Bold?

Plain and simple; all I did was simply point out that Duck_Hunter misspoke that "Twitter is a Private Corporation" it is not! Twitter is a Public Co. in the Private sector (non Gov).
I fully understand the difference between a Private Co and a Public Co. also the difference between the private and public sector for I have worked in both!

I hope Elon can get control of Twitter, the odds are not in his favor for their are so many powerful forces controlled, influenced or owned by the Libtards and DemoRats that will do anything and everything to stop him.
Rumor has it that Twitter might go so far as taking a Poison Pill to prevent a Musk takeover.

Last edited by Stub; 04/15/22 11:45 AM.

texas flag

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578942 04/15/22 11:42 AM
P
PappawRock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
For some hilarious memes and comments you got to peruse this, time permitting of course: https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/elon-musk-twitter-memes-meltdowns

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8578998 04/15/22 01:41 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by PappawRock
For some hilarious memes and comments you got to peruse this, time permitting of course: https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/elon-musk-twitter-memes-meltdowns

There is some funny chit in there. "Ari Terminator Gold Paintball Revenge" roflmao

The Ari in Therapy are crazy funny!!

Last edited by Stub; 04/15/22 01:52 PM.

texas flag

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8579020 04/15/22 02:07 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I hope Musk has a great security detail. The left WILL NOT let this happen under any circumstances.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8579170 04/15/22 06:46 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Elon vs Twitter twits.. [Re: PappawRock] #8579178 04/15/22 07:03 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/twitter-poison-pill-elon-musk

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover
The limited duration shareholder rights plan will expire on April 14, 2023

Twitter's board of directors has unanimously adopted a limited duration shareholder rights plan following Tesla CEO Elon Musk's $54.20 per share offer to take the social media giant private.

Under the plan, which is also referred to as a "poison pill", shareholders' rights will become exercisable if an entity, person or group acquires beneficial ownership of 15% or more of Twitter's outstanding common stock in a transaction not approved by the board. In the event that the rights become exercisable, shareholders will be entitled to purchase additional shares of common stock at a discounted rate.

The board says the plan "is intended to enable all shareholders to realize the full value of their investment in Twitter" and will "reduce the likelihood that any entity, person or group gains control of Twitter through open market accumulation without paying all shareholders an appropriate control premium or without providing the Board sufficient time to make informed judgments and take actions that are in the best interests of shareholders."

The plan, which will expire on April 14, 2023, does not prevent Twitter's board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if they believe it is in the best interest of the company and its shareholders.

Musk's $43 billion bid comes less than two weeks after he disclosed a 9.2% stake in Twitter on April 4. Though Musk was initially invited to join Twitter's board, he later declined the offer. As part of joining the board, Musk would've been unable to own more than 14.9% of Twitter's stock while serving on the board or for 90 days after. Musk's board term would have expired at Twitter’s 2024 annual meeting.

Last edited by Stub; 04/15/22 07:04 PM.

texas flag

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide